Designer parties

Momoz3

May 13, 2020
If you are invited to ana a-level designer (Chopard, Givenchy, Balmain...) party (launch party/fashion week after party/dinner/ cannes festival party) that a lot of celebrities attend, do you actually get to meet them and talk to them (not Like a fangirl/fanboy more like equal to equal )or are they inaccessible?

Reactions: jimmie staton
If you are invited to ana a-level designer (Chopard, Givenchy, Balmain...) party (launch party/fashion week after party/dinner/ cannes festival party) that a lot of celebrities attend, do you actually get to meet them and talk to them (not Like a fangirl/fanboy) more like equal to equal or are they inaccessible?
Yes, I have, and it is so cool. Sometimes they might have their handler with them, and the handlers make it somewhat difficult to actually talk to the celebrity, but as long as you don't act crazy, they are pretty regular and will chat with you. I've taken pictures with many of them at these parties, movie premiers, movie screenings, etc.. They are usually there to be seen and photographed... it's like a gig for them, and I don't mind walking up to them and chatting and asking to take a picture with them. Heck, if I am invited... I consider myself a celebrity as well. lol. You'll know the ones that really don't want to be bothered. lol. Now when they are out having dinner, or with their family, I take it as that they are off the clock, and it's their personal time... only if they make eye contact with me, smile, give me a compliment, and/or start up a conversation with me, then it's fair game. The trick is to get invited to these events. Also, now one has to consider what happens now after Social Distancing measures are now in place... I can only speak about my experience(s) in the Pre-Social Distancing Era.
"J!m"

Last edited:
Reactions: Momoz3
Yes, I have, and it is so cool. Sometimes they might have their handler with them, and the handlers make it somewhat difficult to actually talk to the celebrity, but as long as you don't act crazy, they are pretty regular and will chat with you. I've taken pictures with many of them at these parties, movie premiers, movie screenings, etc.. They are usually there to be seen and photographed... it's like a gig for them, and I don't mind walking up to them and chatting and asking to take a picture with them. Heck, if I am invited... I consider myself a celebrity as well. lol. You'll know the ones that really don't want to be bothered. lol. Now when they are out having dinner, or with their family, I take it as that they are off the clock, and it's their personal time... only if they make eye contact with me, smile, give me a compliment, and/or start up a conversation with me, then it's fair game. The trick is to get invited to these events. Also, now one has to consider what happens now after Social Distancing measures are now in place... I can only speak about my experience(s) in the Pre-Social Distancing Era.
"J!m"
A friend once told me that at the main event whith the PR people and all the press it is really a job to them so you can't really talk to them apart from the I like what you do small talk before taking a picture. But when there is a VIP after-party with very limited access like the Harper bazaar icons party or in a cannes festival after screening cocktail party (if you have the VIP pass to be with the celebs) they are more chill and down to have a good time just like people you meet at any party. He even got some celebs contacts to hang out some time (to put things in context he is a very successful businessman so they probably felt comfortable giving him their contact). Do you think it's true?

A friend once told me that at the main event whith the PR people and all the press it is really a job to them so you can't really talk to them apart from the I like what you do small talk before taking a picture. But when there is a VIP after-party with very limited access like the Harper bazaar icons party or in a cannes festival after screening cocktail party (if you have the VIP pass to be with the celebs) they are more chill and down to have a good time just like people you meet at any party. He even got some celebs contacts to hang out some time (to put things in context he is a very successful businessman so they probably felt comfortable giving him their contact). Do you think it's true?
Yes Momoz3, I've exchanged info with celebs, and even hung out with a few. Sometimes, when you find out that your Celebrity Heroes are Human, it takes the allure away... (for good and for not so good) and it isn't as fun and fabulous as you might think. Then it's times that you will have the time of your life. If your friend has pictures with and invite you out when he gets invited out with a celebrity, you actually get to hang out with him and the celebrity... then and only then will you know if it's true or not. I had a person that I met tell me that she was really close and cool with a particular celebrity and would always ask me out to dinner and would tell me that that celebrity will be there, and EVERYTIME there would be an excuse why that celebrity couldn't make it. I realized that EVERYTIME, (at least 20 times) I was the one paying for dinners at these super expensive restaurants that SHE would always invite me too. I didn't mind paying... I really liked hanging out with her, and it wasn't a requirement for me to meet and hang out with this never seen celebrity. I had to end this friendship because too many things wasn't adding up.
"J!m"

Last edited:
Yes Momoz3, I've exchanged info with celebs, and even hung out with a few. Sometimes, when you find out that your Celebrity Heroes are Human, it takes the allure away... (for good and for not so good) and it isn't as fun and fabulous as you might think. Then it's times that you will have the time of your life. If your friend has pictures with and invite you out when he gets invited out with a celebrity, you actually get to hang out with him and the celebrity... then and only then will you know if it's true or not. I had a person that I met tell me that she was really close and cool with a particular celebrity and would always ask me out to dinner and would tell me that that celebrity will be there, and EVERYTIME there would be an excuse why that celebrity couldn't make it. I realized that EVERYTIME, (at least 20 times) I was the one paying for dinners at these super expensive restaurants that SHE would always invite me too. I didn't mind paying... I really liked hanging out with her, and it wasn't a requirement for me to meet and hang out with this never seen celebrity. I had to end this friendship because too many things wasn't adding up.
"J!m"
What kind of celebs did you hang out with, not necessairely the names but what they do like (actors, models, artists...)

Singers, Musicians, Directors, Producers, Actors and Models. Fashion Designers, Dancers, etc.
"J!m"
thats sounds great but in what social circles do you get to mingle with such a diverse mix of celebs. What parties should you get invited to to have the possibility to meet all these people cited above(as I said earlier to get to know them and maybe befriend them not just say hi). I am sorry if I am asking too much but you are the first one giving me real answers on the subject

thats sounds great but in what social circles do you get to mingle with such a diverse mix of celebs. What parties should you get invited to to have the possibility to meet all these people cited above(as I said earlier to get to know them and maybe befriend them not just say hi). I am sorry if I am asking too much but you are the first one giving me real answers on the subject
Hi Momoz3, those things seem to happen for me organically. I am never looking for that opportunity, it just seem to materialize for me. I've asked why me to some, and they usually say something like, "you have great energy" or "you have an interesting look" or "you belong here" or "I like your style"... I don't know if there is any real rhyme or reason... it kind of just happens or it doesn't. I'm sure there's a way to get on A-Lists, for parties and invites to exclusive stuff, or publicist that people pay to connect them, but I don't know of any. Usually people are connected to the industry and are a plus-one. I've just been lucky I think.
"J!m"

Reactions: Sferics and Momoz3
Hi Momoz3, those things seem to happen for me organically. I am never looking for that opportunity, it just seem to materialize for me. I've asked why me to some, and they usually say something like, "you have great energy" or "you have an interesting look" or "you belong here" or "I like your style"... I don't know if there is any real rhyme or reason... it kind of just happens or it doesn't. I'm sure there's a way to get on A-Lists, for parties and invites to exclusive stuff, or publicist that people pay to connect them, but I don't know of any. Usually people are connected to the industry and are a plus-one. I've just been lucky I think.
"J!m"
Yes it's either the industry you're in or through friends/contacts or if you are wealthy then private conciergerie companies can score you tickets but the thread was about fashion parties and you talked about movie screenings and other things... so I was asking what kind of parties did you go where you had the chance to meet and take A-listers contacts

Yes it's either the industry you're in or through friends/contacts or if you are wealthy then private conciergerie companies can score you tickets but the thread was about fashion parties and you talked about movie screenings and other things... so I was asking what kind of parties did you go where you had the chance to meet and take A-listers contacts
You started a thread about "fashion parties" you've been given some honest answers here. I don't understand the multiple threads about how to meet rich and famous people...let alone get celebrities contact info. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to get that for you.

Hi Momoz3, one time recently I was invited to opening night of 'West Side Story' on Broadway in NYC. I was invited by the House Manager for the theater. I met the House Manager from that theatre at an After Party for the Opening of 'The Secret' on Broadway. I was introduced by someone I met at the opening from 'Ain't To Proud' the musical on Broadway (they were with one of the Producers of the show) and was invited to that After-Party and met, chatted and photographed with a different celebrity at each event... and so on and so on. Again, I wasn't looking to score an invite, I was just in the right place, at the right time, with the right energy... plus I think I looked pretty darn good each time. I never ask for contact info... it is always offered to me, we exchange, and they are the first to make contact. (I don't ever want to weird anyone out by trying to become an appendage, or ask anyone for anything... even if it's free for them to give to me... not my style. I will ask to take a photograph with a celebrity, only if their energy is right. Sometimes I'm asked to take a picture by the celebrity or a random photographer) It all started with just being. It was meant for things like this to happen to me. It always have been this way for many decades and hopefully many more decades to come.
"J!m"

Last edited:
Reactions: Sferics and Momoz3