What Handbag/Purse Are You Carrying Today?!

This toilet paper drama will always remain a mystery to me
gi72.gif
:biggrin:
Me too.

I'm in Germany and we had this phenomenon too . Luckily the situation has normalized again !
And yes , It's really terrible if you can't get TP !!!! :doh::yes:
I just can't understand why people started hoarding it and thus caused the problem:facepalm:
https://globalnews.ca/news/6827299/coronavirus-toilet-paper/
Holy sh*t! (no pun intended) 10K in toilet paper?!? What a poor specimen of a human being to try and profit off a necessity in these times. Glad the store manager gave him the finger so to speak :lol:

I saw a guy trying to return an INSANE amount of toilet paper and water the other day at Costco. They were firm, and he got nowhere. :lol: The gal suggested he could use it up, or donate it to those in need. I initially thought I'd have a better shot at getting some TP on a weekday morning, but my Costco manager told me that the majority of the stock is geared toward Friday and Sat. morning. I was finally able to pick up a pack on a Saturday! I think the quantities are somewhat leveling out now.

I read a business article that there's a large supply of commercial toilet paper available, because everyone's at home. Many restaurants and businesses around here have taken to selling their commercial paper goods, cleaning supplies, produce, etc. to the public. You can order online, and pick up your order a couple of times a week. I thought that was a great idea, as it keeps the vendors and restaurants in business with a little extra cash flow, and gets customers what they need. Maybe not the softest TP, but it gets the job done.:biggrin:
Yes, saw an article a while back said the plague disrupted the TP makers’ business model because coarser commercial TP is manufactured in a different facility—they had to convert what resources they could to produce and deliver more of the cushier option for residential bums.
Meanwhile, somehow I stumbled on a paper towel roll, thin and coarse comparatively and HUGE but excellently sufficient for hand drying—lasting forever! Wish I hadn’t thrown away the wrapper!