looking for HBO recommendations

If you're in the mood for a good crime docu-drama, I cannot recommend The Jinx enough. Its finale was so mind-blowing, like winning the lottery, and so full of tension, I still pace around my living room when I re-watch it. (If you're going to watch it, I'd recommend not googling it or you'll surely be spoiled. But even spoiled, the climax is perfection and maybe the anticipation will propel you through the series!)

Would also suggest giving GOT another go; it took me three tries watching the first three episodes before I got into it (fantasy/genre not usually being my thing AT ALL), and once I got invested, I was all in. The relationships between the characters, the cinematography and lush craftsmanship feels like you're watching epic one-hour feature films.

The Jinx was fantastic and actually worth a rewatch. GoT was lovely until the last season. Skip it if you want to retain your sanity.

One day I will do that, re-watch all GOT from Ep 1. I am thinking in winter when the snow hits, and not feeling like fleeing to the golfing weather like the rest of the golf addicts come November. And you KNOW what else has (I am sure) come of this is all the cheesy pickup lines. "I will be your Jon Snow if you will be my Daenerys" or "I can teach you how to ride a dragon" OR "aren't you wondering what's beyond the wall?". :cool:

Ha, gag! "Can you tame this Wildling?", "You know nothing, Jon Snow!"

Reactions: TraceySH
If you're in the mood for a good crime docu-drama, I cannot recommend The Jinx enough. Its finale was so mind-blowing, like winning the lottery, and so full of tension, I still pace around my living room when I re-watch it. (If you're going to watch it, I'd recommend not googling it or you'll surely be spoiled. But even spoiled, the climax is perfection and maybe the anticipation will propel you through the series!)

Would also suggest giving GOT another go; it took me three tries watching the first three episodes before I got into it (fantasy/genre not usually being my thing AT ALL), and once I got invested, I was all in. The relationships between the characters, the cinematography and lush craftsmanship feels like you're watching epic one-hour feature films.
will the JInx to my list

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Do you watch Insecure?
It is really funny, imho.
Younger women comedy imho.
I enjoy it.
not yet....there is really so much to choose from. I've finished a few series. The only multi-part one I'm watching now is Enlightened with Laura Dern. I can't say I'm hooked on it. I watch intermittently.
DH and I have been watching Killing Eve (not HBO). There aren't really that many shows we both like. We do both like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I find Larry David hilarious.

Reactions: limom
not yet....there is really so much to choose from. I've finished a few series. The only multi-part one I'm watching now is Enlightened with Laura Dern. I can't say I'm hooked on it. I watch intermittently.
DH and I have been watching Killing Eve (not HBO). There aren't really that many shows we both like. We do both like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I find Larry David hilarious.
Curb is what me and my husband watch together too:P
Insecure is strictly me, same with enlightened, he does not enjoy that at all.:lol:
Too much feminist dialog, imho it confuses him...Oops did I say that out loud?
Damn that quarantine.:blah:

Curb is what me and my husband watch together too:P
Insecure is strictly me, same with enlightened, he does not enjoy that at all.:lol:
Too much feminist dialog, imho it confuses him...Oops did I say that out loud?
Damn that quarantine.:blah:
LOL
I would know to not even suggest Enlighted for my DH. I have asked him to try True Detective or Deadwood. He hasn't said no but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

We had been watching The Good Fight and both likeed it but CBS moved it to all access. I'm not paying a monthly fee for one show.

Last edited:
watched the documentary about scientology - Going Clear - last night. Although most of the info isn't new, it was laid out in such a way that it was very informative. Very disturbing. There was more footage of Tom Cruise at their big Nazi type events than I've seen before. I already had a not-so-good opinion of him but now I'm really over him.

Basically they said the organization has used their very cheap (40-cents-per-hour) labor to do lot of stuff for Cruise. Build vehicles, do improvements on his home, etc. And he is very much aware of the cheap labor involved.
John Travolta strikes me as a sad hostage of the org. He knows what goes on but they have too much dirt on him for him to speak out.

Reactions: limom and mdcx