What Handbag/Purse Are You Carrying Today?!

This would terrify me! But I know others have done it with beautiful results so I think I could try with the right bag...
I tired this with an old leather holster that my DH had in the garage. It was probably 75 years old, all dried out and looked like it could not be rehab'ed. I soaked it as instructed, stuffed it so it would maintain its shape and let it dry for several days. Then I used Leather CPR and BlackRock. I could not believe how it came out. Those old vintage leathers are salvageable, not so the new "designer" leathers that are so buffed, sanded, and thinned that you would never dare do it. Of course they don't want theirs to last.

Love it! :heart:

Today I pulled out my Mansur Gavriel large bucket in Rosa. The charm is from Anthropologie. I'm cleaning this cutie up so she will be ready for some spring air the next time we can venture out :flowers:

View attachment 4703503

This is so pretty especially with the charm. I wanted this color so bad a few years back when it was near impossible to buy MG, not sure if it is still like that (I remember the days when they send email of launch time and everyone is logging in at the same time? Lol). It’s beautiful :smile:.

This is so pretty especially with the charm. I wanted this color so bad a few years back when it was near impossible to buy MG, not sure if it is still like that (I remember the days when they send email of launch time and everyone is logging in at the same time? Lol). It’s beautiful :smile:.

Thank you:flowers: The charm was a gift from my mother a few years back. I was a bit late to the Mansur Gavriel boat and didn't start getting into them until a year or so after their debut. They had a sample sale a few years ago in February and would restock each day at 6AM and I managed to get lucky and snag a few bags then. I got the bucket and a large brick suede Lady bag. I love the bucket but I haven't carried my Lady bag yet, she is still stuffed and on the shelf. I think MG bags are getting easier to find now, especially in the older colors and staple styles. Check ebay and I bet you can find one for a good price:yes: I will say the bucket has broken in beautifully and it's easy to carry as well.

I tired this with an old leather holster that my DH had in the garage. It was probably 75 years old, all dried out and looked like it could not be rehab'ed. I soaked it as instructed, stuffed it so it would maintain its shape and let it dry for several days. Then I used Leather CPR and BlackRock. I could not believe how it came out. Those old vintage leathers are salvageable, not so the new "designer" leathers that are so buffed, sanded, and thinned that you would never dare do it. Of course they don't want theirs to last.
Any chance of a photo of the rehabbed holster? I'm curious to see how it looks now.

First time out in public in almost two weeks to pick up a package at the post office. Wore my Flowfold Muse 2L crossbody bag for the first time. The company makes products for the active lifestyle. It uses lightweight and strong materials that resist UV and water. The products are made in the U.S., which is a plus for me because whenever possible, I like to support companies whose products are American-made.

The bag worked out very well. Open pocket in the back that fits a large cell phone; front zippered pocket; and, zippered main compartment. The model I have fits in our UV light disinfection box. It can also be easily cleaned with a sponge and soapy water.
View attachment 4702785
View attachment 4702788
View attachment 4702789
Wow, that is such a comfortable looking ensemble - & well put together!