LV Sarah Empreinte Wallet or Chanel Boy Caviar Zip Wallet

miuccias

Sep 24, 2019
(posted this on the Chanel forum too for more opinions)
Hi guys!

I’m a first timer to both empreinte & caviar and would like a wallet that would lasts a long time. To me the Boy is super chic whereas the Sarah is more demure and pared down but also classy. Both leathers are also considerably durable to my knowledge. Anyone with experiences with both leathers or wallet models, could you tell me the pros & cons and your experiences? Thanks!

Attachments

• F3918ED3-C535-48D4-B93B-75A6C9BA5DBD.jpeg
    F3918ED3-C535-48D4-B93B-75A6C9BA5DBD.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 169
  • CA21B917-E9D7-4EB5-81E7-64EC18B043F4.jpeg
    CA21B917-E9D7-4EB5-81E7-64EC18B043F4.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 171
I don't like the quality of Chanel zippers at all. The caviar leather might be more durable but in this case I would choose the Sarah wallet over any zipped Chanel wallet.
Funny you mention that. I do think there is something a little weird about Chanel zippers, but couldn't say what.
I do like the look of the Chanel more though, so I would probably go for that. Although, my empreinte wallet would probably survive a nuclear war, along with the cockroaches, if that is a consideration.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
I never liked my Sarah wallet. This boy wallet looks so bulky. For a smooth full-sized zip around that's slim enough to be feminine, I recommend LV Clemence. Highly recommend.

Funny you mention that. I do think there is something a little weird about Chanel zippers, but couldn't say what.
I do like the look of the Chanel more though, so I would probably go for that. Although, my empreinte wallet would probably survive a nuclear war, along with the cockroaches, if that is a consideration.
Lol. So true! I feel like my Empreinte pieces are pretty durable as well. I saw the Sarah in Empreinte a long time ago. It felt both durable and flexible, but I just wonder how the glazed edges hold up over time. My Victorine in Empreinte has done well thus far. I do love the smoothness and quality of LV zippers, nothing compares!