Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

I’m going to have to try this!
Please show us your efforts! The mors trio rings are very heavy when used all together so I find myself adjusting them to lie flat against my neck. Sometimes I’ll make the necklace loose enough to drape just below the collarbone so it sits against the tshirt, thereby eliminating the minor sweating that can occur if the mors rings are against skin (i.e., a tighter necklace).

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Good day, fellow Scarflandians,
I think I am all caught up with replies and likes; if I’ve missed anyone, please accept my apologies :girlsigh:. Just an appreciative note to say thank you for all your likes and comments, and keep it comin’! :happydance:

Dear guest scarf mistress Julide, this week’s theme makes me post a third pic of my Plume Unie, love black scarves and shawls, your first pic in the intro is so pretty! I also love the blue shades in the second one.

It looks very warm Serva!
Incredibly lightweight but warm. Lapland is extreme and I do love my cashmere :smile:

Snuggly warm Serva!
I like to keep my neck covered, the powder snow should stay away :smile:

An expression I’ve never before heard—“driving to Lapland...” hope you have lots of warm scarves!
Well, I kind of like the sound of that expression :smile: we Scandinavians do like our four seasons and there has practically been no snow in Helsinki so I was in need of a trip to Lapland.

This looks so warm and snuggly!
Keeping warm is essential in cold climates :smile: I love carrying a colourful CSGM in winter but this weeks choice was truly just for comfort.

Definitely snuggly looking!
So many tPFers used the same adverb “snuggly” that I had to check the translation and was happy to learn a new way to use it :smile: love snuggly warm.

It turns out you are right on time with theme week Serva!!! :flowers: Lovely monochrome scarf for this week!..
Thank you bunny, lucky accident :smile:

I am glad to see that I am not the only person who loves Plume Unie scarves! So soft and warm!
So happy to share the same feeling, I originally bought 3 black ones at the same time but gave one to a dear friend and this one I have had for years, washing it and ironing it, no pulls and it’s perfect for flights and when I need to stay warm without wearing anything fancy. The Ex Libris stoles are nice but they are heavier and more fabric to master for a scarf/shawl newbie.

Ooh, this is perfect for the new week’s theme!
Thank you Fifi, I hope I can soon contribute again :smile:

What beautiful light! It looks cold though so thank heavens for your lovely scarf!
Thank you Pautinka, I’m surrounded by beauty here in Lapland :smile:

You and the landscape look amazing!
Thank you Karenska, the light makes everything prettier :smile: Love snow sculpted trees.

Fantastic view!!! :loveeyes:
Yes, the scenery is so beautiful :smile: I’m taking a lot of positive energy back home when I return to the city after the mini holiday.

Such a gorgeous backdrop and landscape for your cozy wrap Serva! Stay warm!:heart:
Thank you lanit, the landscape and nature has inspired many Finnish artists, the light is magical and when the sky is clear on cold lights you often see Aurora Borealis.

Sending H greetings from Lapland to e v e r y o n e and I also want to thank for all the likes :smile:

Attachments

• D65968B6-22B0-457C-936C-9C7F18E80133.jpeg
    D65968B6-22B0-457C-936C-9C7F18E80133.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 178
Some of what I consider as monochromes. Hoping to take some new photos tomorrow as its a holiday!
Quintessence by Zoe Pauwels
View attachment 4667548
Annie Faivres Alliances du Monde mousseline
View attachment 4667547
Tohu Bohu Claudia S. In Gris/Blue
View attachment 4667549
Guepards by Dallet
View attachment 4667550
Ecume in green by Antoine de Jacquelot

View attachment 4667551
Urashima taro mousseline by Natsuno Hidaka
View attachment 4667552Parures des Samourai by Aline Honore
View attachment 4667553

Jardin Anglais by Alice Shirley- Twill version
View attachment 4667555
jdA in mousseline
View attachment 4667554
Your photos are so artful! Love the pairings with the jewelry..perfect segue from last week. What a pretty blue Urashima Taro..don’t know this one. Would you post it flat?

Dear guest scarf mistress Julide, this week’s theme makes me post a third pic of my Plume Unie, love black scarves and shawls, your first pic in the intro is so pretty! I also love the blue shades in the second one.

Incredibly lightweight but warm. Lapland is extreme and I do love my cashmere :smile:

Well, I kind of like the sound of that expression :smile: we Scandinavians do like our four seasons and there has practically been no snow in Helsinki so I was in need of a trip to Lapland.

Keeping warm is essential in cold climates :smile: I love carrying a colourful CSGM in winter but this weeks choice was truly just for comfort.

So many tPFers used the same adverb “snuggly” that I had to check the translation and was happy to learn a new way to use it :smile: love snuggly warm.

So happy to share the same feeling, I originally bought 3 black ones at the same time but gave one to a dear friend and this one I have had for years, washing it and ironing it, no pulls and it’s perfect for flights and when I need to stay warm without wearing anything fancy. The Ex Libris stoles are nice but they are heavier and more fabric to master for a scarf/shawl newbie.

Thank you Karenska, the light makes everything prettier :smile: Love snow sculpted trees.

Yes, the scenery is so beautiful :smile: I’m taking a lot of positive energy back home when I return to the city after the mini holiday.

Thank you lanit, the landscape and nature has inspired many Finnish artists, the light is magical and when the sky is clear on cold lights you often see Aurora Borealis.

Sending H greetings from Lapland to e v e r y o n e and I also want to thank for all the likes :smile:
Absolutely breathtaking, Serva. I hope to get there myself, someday.

Tha

Thank you scarf! Isn’t PdS a terrific monochrome design? It looks fab in your colorway. I was tempted by your but already had three other colorways, including the blue coral !
Thank you! Twins on the blue/ salmon one, I also thought about yours with the lavender, but stopped myself at 2.
By the way, I came close to buying that Jardin anglais CW but bought the blue one instead. Then the U. taro was a close one also, but ended up with a green moussie that day instead. They look so lovely on you!

Lovely lovely lovely - so many beauties! ❤️

.... I die. And on vacation - I die!
So many beautiful scarves. Mr Cookie is fanning me ‘cause I just fainted!
When I grow up, I wanna be @lanit. Cool, calm, serene, beautiful.
Thanks sweetie!

You have the most beautiful blues! I’m pretty sure every single one is on my wishlist.
Thank you! I do love blue. Hope you find some!

These are all gorgeous. As a person who gravitates to blues, although I love many colors, I love your choices.
Thank you!

Belated scarf with jewelry from Saturday - Kawa Ora shawl (birthday gift to myself) with aquamarine ring from a local designer (VDay gift from boyfriend), rutilated quartz ring by the same designer (last BDay's gift from boyfriend) and "Herkimer diamond" necklace (from a popup vintage store in Pike Place Market), after BDay dinner:
kawa1.JPG
We wandered around a neighborhood I don't visit often, and I bought this hand-painted sweater by a totally different local designer. So today, Thalassa pareo in black/white/dark blue with the black/white sweater and dark blue jeans, which feels pretty monochrome to me:
thalassa1.JPG
(Boats and anchors, gettit? I slay myself...)

What a stunning photo! ❤️

Reactions: Serva1
Status
Not open for further replies.