50th Anniversary Bottega Veneta Lauren Clutch

The lining is suede and, because it's a natural product, I think it's a question of how that particular piece of suede took the dye. I do know older BVs--say pre 2010--had lighter suede interiors. If the color is significantly different, it might be a vintage Lauren.
Yes, I had BV from 2003 and the suede was light beige. I was just thinking maybe they used different suede color for LE Lauren series. I'm not sure. Thank you Grietje!

Recent purchase... lovely dark copper. This is, hands-down, the perfect clutch. I do have a Knot coming my way, but - Lauren will be more useful, for sure. Given that I'm in the north, and we'll not have a decent sunny day for too long, decided to photo with the clouds. Ignore the Picotin in the background - :cool:

Attachments

• 2020 01 31_2540.JPG
    2020 01 31_2540.JPG
    162.8 KB · Views: 198
  • 2020 01 31_2541.JPG
    2020 01 31_2541.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 2020 01 31_2542.JPG
    2020 01 31_2542.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 201
Recent purchase... lovely dark copper. This is, hands-down, the perfect clutch. I do have a Knot coming my way, but - Lauren will be more useful, for sure. Given that I'm in the north, and we'll not have a decent sunny day for too long, decided to photo with the clouds. Ignore the Picotin in the background - :cool:
I have seen this color in store. This copper glows and the two tone color gives 3 dimensional effect which is interesting. Congratulations!

Hello BVers,
For those of you who have Lauren clutch could you please shed some light regarding the lining. I have been checking the preloved Laurens in Gigolo Red and some of them have tawny color lining and others grey (or darker brownish) lining. Why is there any difference? Is it different type of suede (pig/cow)? Thank you in advance. Iam attaching some photos from the real real and other seller. View attachment 4653208View attachment 4653209

The inside suede color of my Lauren in black ostrich is the dark gray. Here is a picture. HTH-
IMG_1840.jpeg

Reactions: Nibb
I am not sure of the exact year that I purchased the clutch. I got it when they were first released. Definitely more that two years ago.
It is in perfect condition but that might be partially because I rarely use it. I am not a clutch person and I purchased it because i felt it was the perfect clutch especially in the ostrich and that it would be a good bag to have for the occasions when I needed it. I think the black ostrich would be less susceptible to oil and light damage.

I am not sure of the exact year that I purchased the clutch. I got it when they were first released. Definitely more that two years ago.
It is in perfect condition but that might be partially because I rarely use it. I am not a clutch person and I purchased it because i felt it was the perfect clutch especially in the ostrich and that it would be a good bag to have for the occasions when I needed it. I think the black ostrich would be less susceptible to oil and light damage.
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind and not busy, would you kindly take a picture of it? I haven't seen it in person and I am honestly curious how it looks like in regular pictures apart from the website photos. Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Nibb
Thanks for your reply. If you don't mind and not busy, would you kindly take a picture of it? I haven't seen it in person and I am honestly curious how it looks like in regular pictures apart from the website photos. Thank you in advance.
I'm not Annie, but there are many photos in this thread... ?

ETA and I'm adding some of my own, just because. :smile:

Attachments

• 2020 02 04_2543.JPG
    2020 02 04_2543.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 2020 02 04_2544.JPG
    2020 02 04_2544.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 2020 02 04_2545.JPG
    2020 02 04_2545.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 2020 02 04_2546.JPG
    2020 02 04_2546.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
There are several posts on this thread of my clutches, including first post. These are the insides of my Gigolo Red and the Antique Silver. The interiors look the same to me but the lighting is always a challenge, as is the angle I opened them and set them at.....
4A4EF8D0-492D-43D3-B758-7E7522AD7F4E.jpeg
Here they are overlapping...
E34A5A2B-19F1-45CC-BB93-A60414A5EDAB.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 4657737 View attachment 4657738

Here are two pictures- The second is the Lauren clutch with another BV bag in black ostrich ( special order). They are the same color. Please let me know if you want other pictures.
Thank you for making time in taking these pictures. The ostrich girls are divine and they are not repetitive at all. They can be used for different occasions. I think black is your favorite color. Also, black ostrich is low maintenance than some lighter ones. Did you order the SO cross body bag during the TM was still at the helm?

Thank you indiaink. Annie has kindly posted more pics of hers (and more ostrich!). TM was really smart in choosing colors for Lauren collection. Especially this one. If you wear it regularly, has the metallic color wear off or does it act just like opaque color BV? Thank you.

There are several posts on this thread of my clutches, including first post. These are the insides of my Gigolo Red and the Antique Silver. The interiors look the same to me but the lighting is always a challenge, as is the angle I opened them and set them at.....
View attachment 4657117
Here they are overlapping...
View attachment 4657137
Thank you diane for posting these. The suede looks so soft even from the pictures and makes me want to pinch it. And the way the Lauren open it really fits a lot without looking bulky or out of shape.
I changed my old BV lining which was from pig suede to the new version (lamb suede) and honestly I like new version better. It has that moist hand feel and thicker. I believe yours are also lamb suede.

Reactions: diane278