Thoughts on these boots?

These are almost like a blend of the two. This still has a chunky sole – which is great to walk in – but definitely don't look like Docs (nothing against Docs, but these are more obviously dressy.)

I actually squeezed my foot into one that was two sizes two small last time I was in the boutique and these are the ones my DH thought looked like DMs!! I think you’re right, they’re still very chunky. I’m not sure they are going to be right for my slim frame either. I will try them anyway. I think the best bet is the classic combat boots as they’re slimmer but I think they have a leather sole and I wanted rubber.

I just posted a thread about the 17A combat boots. They're leather soled and like you, I also wanted rubber (a thinner lug sole). But leather looks dressier and I just bought a pair of Miu Miu lug sole boots.

I actually squeezed my foot into one that was two sizes two small last time I was in the boutique and these are the ones my DH thought looked like DMs!! I think you’re right, they’re still very chunky. I’m not sure they are going to be right for my slim frame either. I will try them anyway. I think the best bet is the classic combat boots as they’re slimmer but I think they have a leather sole and I wanted rubber.

I just posted a thread about the 17A combat boots. They're leather soled and like you, I also wanted rubber (a thinner lug sole). But leather looks dressier and I just bought a pair of Miu Miu lug sole boots.

I just saw your thread and I love those boots you posted. I really want the slimmer style combat boots as I think they would suit me better but i haven’t had good experiences with leather soles. They wear down so quickly, particularly if you wear them in the rain, and we get a lot of rain where I live! I want boots that are more hard wearing and I can walk around a lot in them in all weathers while still looking smart and stylish. So would it be successful if you had rubber soles put on those boots you posted?

I just saw your thread and I love those boots you posted. I really want the slimmer style combat boots as I think they would suit me better but i haven’t had good experiences with leather soles. They wear down so quickly, particularly if you wear them in the rain, and we get a lot of rain where I live! I want boots that are more hard wearing and I can walk around a lot in them in all weathers while still looking smart and stylish. So would it be successful if you had rubber soles put on those boots you posted?

It definitely helps with wearing down! It still wouldn't be as comfortable (shock absorbing) as rubber, but it will keep the soles in much better shape. The trick is to put the rubber soles on before you wear the boots, a lot of people make the mistake of adding it once the sole is already worn down. The rubber soles can also be replaced which is a big help. Any of the luxury dept stores e.g. Harrod's should be able to give you a reco for a reputable cobbler in London.

Unfortunately in the UK and NYC where people walk a lot and take public transit, our soles will wear out faster. :sad: I once had a client tell me that leather soles are the most comfortable...sure if you never have to walk outside or on cobblestones. ;)

It definitely helps with wearing down! It still wouldn't be as comfortable (shock absorbing) as rubber, but it will keep the soles in much better shape. The trick is to put the rubber soles on before you wear the boots, a lot of people make the mistake of adding it once the sole is already worn down. The rubber soles can also be replaced which is a big help. Any of the luxury dept stores e.g. Harrod's should be able to give you a reco for a reputable cobbler in London.

Unfortunately in the UK and NYC where people walk a lot and take public transit, our soles will wear out faster. :sad: I once had a client tell me that leather soles are the most comfortable...sure if you never have to walk outside or on cobblestones. ;)

thank you for the tip!

Hmmm...I don’t find leather soles comfortable as I can usually feel the ground beneath my feet too much. Rubber soles are much more comfy!

I just bought the boots (were cheaper on Tradsey and better pictures.) Hopefully I like them and they fit! If they do I'm definitely putting those soles on.

I actually love them on you! I actually love chunky boots, I have the pearl ones!

View attachment 4631995 View attachment 4631992 View attachment 4631994

They look great on you. I just bought these today! These were the ones my SA had on hold for me. I wasn’t 100% as they are not totally my usual style. I was worried they were a bit too grungey for me. I really wanted the slimmer combat style. They had the ones with the quilting at the side but only in burgundy. I think these had a rubber sole as well. My SA preferred the pearls. I think she didn’t really want to be bothered looking for the other ones in black for me! I’ll have to try them on with things to see how I feel.

Does the flap with the pearls stick out like a wing or do they fasten down? The boots look good on you, it's just the "flap" thing that looks a bit a bit strange (too me).