Who/what started your LV obsession

I was just walking by the store, didn’t really know about the brand back then (2010) but I saw the speedy 30s in the display window, just kept thinking about them, then looked at them online. Started to save for that first LV. A couple months later went in to buy the speedy 30 in DA. Didn’t get another LV bag until 2013 when I purchased the Bloomsbury which I love for a everyday bag! Hubby got me the emilie wallet at the same time. Got the sully pm in 2015. Then suddenly the LV must’ve bitten me. Last year I got into the brand again. Starting with the favorite mm, got a key pouch in DE, and recently the Shanghai zippy coin purse and pochette Métis in reverse monogram. So now I’m on a bit of a ban.

A lady sitting next to me at Les Deux Magots in Paris.
She had put her bag on the chair and I couldn't take my eyes off it.
At the time, I was living in the south of France and had never heard of Louis Vuitton....
I told her how much I loved her bag and asked her what it was.
She replied it was a Vuitton Speedy...
As soon as I got the money, that is.... several months later, I bought it....:smile:

My Mom bought her first speedy 25 when it was $195, from the ground level boutique at the I. Magnin store in San Francisco Union Square. That was in the mid 1970s. I thought that little weird brown bag with the letters was so cute and oddly appealing. Her next item was a French wallet and a Trocadero. I was hooked and have been for 40 years. I have tried other brands over the years, gone through dry spells but the only bags and wallets I keep and use are LVs.

I was never an LV fan. I thought the monogram bags were ugly and never saw the appeal. The I was at a trade show in Vegas and everyone had a Neverfull - which only made me poo-poo them even more. But I was intrigued enough to go home and do more research as I was looking to up my travel game. I spent lots of time here and on YouTube. Within 5 month I'd both the NF Mono MM and the DA MM. The obsession has only grown - quickly - from there! None of my friends are into luxury handbags so I can only share my obsession with you kind folks here and I'm very grateful for tPF and everyone who contributes, helps, and supports the community.

A lady sitting next to me at Les Deux Magots in Paris.
She had put her bag on the chair and I couldn't take my eyes off it.
At the time, I was living in the south of France and had never heard of Louis Vuitton....
I told her how much I loved her bag and asked her what it was.
She replied it was a Vuitton Speedy...
As soon as I got the money, that is.... several months later, I bought it....:smile:
Love this.

I got into this obsession with no one but myself to blame! Many years ago, I saw a Speedy DE online. At the time it was about $500 and I really didn't know much about the brand...only that I used to joke to a friend about women I'd oftwn see flaunting their mono bags while wearing sweats. I knew it was Louis Vuitton, but I didn't equate it with elegance because of these experiences. But I never forgot that DE bag. Then, almost two years ago, I started looking the Speedy up online and learned they had a bandouliere, which was more useful for me. But I couldnt get over how much more it cost. But then I got a bonus at work and went straight to the store and got one. My heart was pounding as I laid down all that cash. Since then, I've gotten over the sticker price, though most of my new items are SLGs. My other bags (three more, mono, DA and Epi) were all gently used. But I have a big birthday coming up and I would love another brand new bag! We shall see, but I don't think I'm financially or psychologically ready to break the 2K mark yet!