Dauphine MM Mono vs Calf Leather

praneha

Dec 16, 2018
Hi All,

I would love to buy the Dauphine MM and when I dropped by the store today the monogram was ofcourse not in stock but I saw the new leather one(calf skin). I have never seen the Monogram mm in person but from the pics it looks great. Which one do you guys prefer the mono or the leather one? And why? I loved the cherry berry Color but I already have 2 Gucci bags in red so don’t want to get it in a similar shade again. Am mostly leaning towards mono but still in dilemma hence need suggestions.

Last edited:
Dauphine leather comes in many colours, black, blue, white and bi colours. I would pick leather over
Hi All,

I would love to buy the Dauphine MM and when I dropped by the store today the monogram was ofcourse not in stock but I saw the new leather one(calf skin). I have never seen the Monogram mm in person but from the pics it looks great. Which one do you guys prefer the mono or the leather one? And why? I loved the cherry berry Color but I already have 2 Gucci bags in red so don’t want to get it in a similar shade again. Am mostly leaning towards mono but still in dilemma hence need suggestions.

I tried the Dauphine MM and loved it! I did try the leather version in black which was nice, but the Monogram was the one that made my heart sing. I loved that the monogram had both the classic and reverse canvas. I think the leather version wasn’t calling to me because I have a PM in empreinte leather (black) and it seemed very similar. This style is great in general. I loved that it had both the gold chain and the leather strap. The leather strap is like the strap on the Neo Noe. It adjusts to either shoulder length or crossbody. And both the chain and the strap can detach, so you can have one or the other or both. One concern I had about the leather version was whether it would be prone to scratches, it was a smooth leather. Other than that it looked really nice. Also, if you have a large wallet that you would like to use, try it out in the bag. I asked to see if a large zippy wallet would fit, it does but only in the larger compartment and at an angle. I think the leather version may soften up over time and you would not have to wedge a large wallet in, but the Monogram may not. One last thing, the leather version is heavier which is my only complaint with my empreinte PM.

I tried the Dauphine MM and loved it! I did try the leather version in black which was nice, but the Monogram was the one that made my heart sing. I loved that the monogram had both the classic and reverse canvas. I think the leather version wasn’t calling to me because I have a PM in empreinte leather (black) and it seemed very similar. This style is great in general. I loved that it had both the gold chain and the leather strap. The leather strap is like the strap on the Neo Noe. It adjusts to either shoulder length or crossbody. And both the chain and the strap can detach, so you can have one or the other or both. One concern I had about the leather version was whether it would be prone to scratches, it was a smooth leather. Other than that it looked really nice. Also, if you have a large wallet that you would like to use, try it out in the bag. I asked to see if a large zippy wallet would fit, it does but only in the larger compartment and at an angle. I think the leather version may soften up over time and you would not have to wedge a large wallet in, but the Monogram may not. One last thing, the leather version is heavier which is my only complaint with my empreinte PM.
Hi did you buy the monogram one. How is it holding up? I did like the calf leather one but I feel that leather may soften up and may loose its charm over time. even though I have other mono bags am leaning towards mono for this too as it has a classy look. Noir and cherryberry is very pretty but some how mono still looks classic compared to others.

Hi,
I didn’t buy it. I decided to wait, but I cannot get it out of my mind. I think I hesitated because of the price point. I still think it is a great bag and may ask my husband to look for it when he is London on business so I can save on VAT. QUOTE="praneha, post: 33439000, member: 658275"]Hi did you buy the monogram one. How is it holding up? I did like the calf leather one but I feel that leather may soften up and may loose its charm over time. even though I have other mono bags am leaning towards mono for this too as it has a classy look. Noir and cherryberry is very pretty but some how mono still looks classic compared to others.[/QUOTE]

Hi All,

I love the cherry berry as well. however, I have a red Valentino so I am thinking of going with the Galet. I just wish I could see them in my local store. For some reason they never have any in stock...in any color. the bag is BEAUTIFUL!!