Chanel Reissue - Mini vs 225 size

Wait..what? Price increase? I love reading all your opinions on these bags! I feel like both would be perfect but for different reasons.. I saw a picture of what the poster said is the newest reissue

Oops.. here’s the rest of that haha.. it was not aged calf, but what looks like lamb. I feel aged calf is kind of what makes the reissue so perfect. If that’s the case I’ll decline and go preloved..

Ooh I saw on Instagram one of the personal shoppers shared her intel that the new season mini reissue will be in metallic sheepskin (lol that is lamb isn’t it?) and RHW. There’s also goatskin with SHW and the usual aged calf with GHW. I can’t wait to see the metallic ones!!!!

Ooh I saw on Instagram one of the personal shoppers shared her intel that the new season mini reissue will be in metallic sheepskin (lol that is lamb isn’t it?) and RHW. There’s also goatskin with SHW and the usual aged calf with GHW. I can’t wait to see the metallic ones!!!!
The mini reissue is coming in metallic black with RHW. It is sheepskin which is definitely NOT as delicate as lambskin. I have both and I do not baby the goat bag, but do the lamb.

Reactions: plue89
Hello,

So I thought I had decided to splurge on the small black in black reissue for 19k season. Then I see a few posts on mini reissue and the bag looks amazing. The mini seems to be a really popular size. Apart from the size, what are the advantages of one over the other? There is obviously a big price difference between the two sizes and I wondered if it’s worth the extra money? Any advice would be great, as I currently don’t own any reissues so want to add one to my collection. Thanks

So I just bought both a mini and a a small size and they are my first reissues and my first mini. I got the mini in the black metallic because I needed a versatile weekend/dinner fun bag. I originally got the mini also in the beige metallic, but ended up sizing up to the small. I love the beige so much I want to be able to take it to work and I feel the mini size just looks silly as a work bag. I realized that I had no need for multiple minis. While everything I carry fits in both bags, I feel if I had to pick one I would go with the small. It will fit sunglasses (mini doesn’t fit mine) and can cross the day-to-night transition easier imo. It really depends what you want to use it for and what your current collection looks like.

Reactions: MulberryMonkey
So I just bought both a mini and a a small size and they are my first reissues and my first mini. I got the mini in the black metallic because I needed a versatile weekend/dinner fun bag. I originally got the mini also in the beige metallic, but ended up sizing up to the small. I love the beige so much I want to be able to take it to work and I feel the mini size just looks silly as a work bag. I realized that I had no need for multiple minis. While everything I carry fits in both bags, I feel if I had to pick one I would go with the small. It will fit sunglasses (mini doesn’t fit mine) and can cross the day-to-night transition easier imo. It really depends what you want to use it for and what your current collection looks like.

Thank you, this is really helpful.
Would you say small is worth the extra money compared to a mini? Obviously the size is a big factor but the price difference is quite big? I have a M/L classic flap and a few WOCs but that’s it, no reissues and I’m really keen to get something with black hardware as I don’t have this and I don’t know how long I have to wait for the next time!

Whether it’s worth the extra $$ depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to carry to work and do some things where you carry a little more, the yes 100% worth it. If it’s just for weekends and you only carry a little, then not worth the extra $$. I would rather pay more for a bag I will use than less for a bag that will sit idle.

If your heart is set on the so black, I would get whatever bag appears first. You collection is missing something smaller so the mini would fit in nicely, it all just depends if the mini comes in the color combo you want and what the intended use is.

Reactions: MulberryMonkey
Maybe this will help you. Here are some
Mod shots with the mini and small. I actually think the size different is quite significant. As you can see, the mini is fun and will be great for going out/weekends. The small is appropriate for work, whereas I found the mini too small in me for that. I’m 5’6” for reference.

Attachments

• F3EE43EC-EB77-406A-B137-42B2E8409308.jpeg
    F3EE43EC-EB77-406A-B137-42B2E8409308.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 2B73A26D-8F44-4235-9382-CA5A3909373F.jpeg
    2B73A26D-8F44-4235-9382-CA5A3909373F.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 390
I love mini bags! It works for me who either carry a lot in a longchamp, or stripped down to a wallet and phone. I don’t feel the small is that much bigger. With the small, I have to downsize a lot as well. It depends on your basic essentials really. But taking into consideration the price point, the mini is a much better value. And also much rarer (only second season now). I’d get the mini first and the small next time :smile:.

Thanks for all the advice and mod shots. I am really keen with black on black and as this does not come in mini size this season, I think I will get the small and pay the price different. I am 5"5 so the mini might also be too small, I will be using it on the weekends too but more for daytime and/or dinner rather than just dinner and night out etc.
I agree the mini is better value, but as it does not come in black on black, I either have to get small or wait for another season and hope it does come in mini size.
Thanks again ladies!

Hi ! For those out there with both mini reissue and small (225) reissue, how big is the actual size difference? Can you hold significantly more in the 225, or do they essentially hold the same amount?

I ask because the double flap takes up a bit of space, but look-wise, the small is the perfect size for me. Since there is a significant price difference, if they hold essentially the same amount of items, wouldn't the mini be the better / more economical option...

Or, do I really just 'need' both...? :smile: