Rant Essie nail polish

jeep317

O.G.
Jul 20, 2013
Every single color I buy chips within 24 hours! Even when I use their base & top coats. It is driving me crazy, but I cannot seem to refrain from buying "just one more". Ugh.

OPI does the same thing, and so does Chanel polishes. I think my nails hate pricier polishes. I can get almost a week out of Avon, Revlon, and Wet & Wild.

Am I the only one? Lol.

Every single color I buy chips within 24 hours! Even when I use their base & top coats. It is driving me crazy, but I cannot seem to refrain from buying "just one more". Ugh.

OPI does the same thing, and so does Chanel polishes. I think my nails hate pricier polishes. I can get almost a week out of Avon, Revlon, and Wet & Wild.

Am I the only one? Lol.

No you are not... I never had any luck with Chanel or Butter..

So I stick to the polishes that work & wear well for me

I don't have issues with wear for Essie. I'm just not a big fan of the brand overall because their formula (more the most part) are subpar and the color range is boring (a lot of nudes). However, every once in awhile they come out with something I really like.

I love Essie. Try this:
1. Wipe nails down with rubbing alcohol and allow to dry (30 secs or so)
2. Essie’s here to stay base-coat. 1-2 min dry
3. Essie polish of choice. I tend to apply thicker coats, so I allow 10 min dry time between coats. Make sure you swipe the ends of the nail (w/ top coat too)
4. CND weekly topcoat 8 min dry, however be careful for the next hour

I get 7+ days and I wear gloves all day. I do my nails every weekend while watching a movie. It’s my “world leave me the heck alone time”

Reactions: JDV
I do my nails every weekend while watching a movie. It’s my “world leave me the heck alone time”
Haha me too! My saturday morning manicure while watching the weekly video from the Beauty News channel on Youtube. My only day off where I have the house to myself, just me and my nailpolish! :biggrin:

Last week I tried a really lovely color from Essie Topless & Barefoot
This week when I had my mani, my nails were so dry & I know it was from the polish
No more Essie for me.. I've learned my lesson & my nails have suffered because of this polish
Sticking with my 9 free...