Thoughts on a Preloved Vintage Chanel Mini Lambskin Flap

I've been searching for a vintage Chanel mini flap bag in black for a while now. I live in Canada and prefer Canadian reseller sites due to high duty/taxes costs importing from international sellers, so my options are slightly more limited. My dilemma is I have found two options but they both have flaws, which is obviously not unexpected in preloved and also vintage, but I can't decide which one I should go with (if either), so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Option 1 is $2,750 CDN, has the authenticity card, dustbag and box. Flaws are tarnishing on the gold hardware and a chipped medallion zipper pull.

Option 2 is $2,400. CDN, and includes the authenticity card and dustbag, no box. Flaws are scuffs/peeling of leather on corners and side of flap. Otherwise really good condition.

They are both the same series, approximately 1989-1991.

I'm torn but leaning towards option 2 if i'm honest. Also the seller is better known, better return policy, etc.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :smile: Thanks!

When I came back to Chanel I figured I would start with a mini since I had always been a fan of the square mini and it was more in a price point I was comfortable with to spend on Chanel again. I got a one series chanel vintage square flap. The bag I got was closer to $2,200 and the bag was in great condition brought full set and no noticeable issues. I did find however, I didn't use the bag much because the deep gold hardware with the black made it look too dressy for me and I was worried about ruining the lamb leather. I ended up selling the bag not too long ago. I do have a red medium vintage flap lambskin and I don't mind the gold with the red at all and I love this bag and for some reason less paranoid on this lambskin. It also has peeling on the corners but doesn't bother me at all I barely notice it. So if you truly love the bag I say go for it because the minis are easy to use and handy (I have two other mini squares). I would pick option two because to me the tarnishing on the hardware would bother me more than scuffs and peeling that is minimal. If the peeling is very noticeable I would say wait for a better condition one to come along.

Reactions: newtopreloved2019
When I came back to Chanel I figured I would start with a mini since I had always been a fan of the square mini and it was more in a price point I was comfortable with to spend on Chanel again. I got a one series chanel vintage square flap. The bag I got was closer to $2,200 and the bag was in great condition brought full set and no noticeable issues. I did find however, I didn't use the bag much because the deep gold hardware with the black made it look too dressy for me and I was worried about ruining the lamb leather. I ended up selling the bag not too long ago. I do have a red medium vintage flap lambskin and I don't mind the gold with the red at all and I love this bag and for some reason less paranoid on this lambskin. It also has peeling on the corners but doesn't bother me at all I barely notice it. So if you truly love the bag I say go for it because the minis are easy to use and handy (I have two other mini squares). I would pick option two because to me the tarnishing on the hardware would bother me more than scuffs and peeling that is minimal. If the peeling is very noticeable I would say wait for a better condition one to come along.
Yes the tarnishing does bother me as well more than the peeling, which isn’t too visible unless you zoom in on the photos on the site. Also the chipped medallion zipper pull is a big issue for me and would bother me a lot.

Thanks for your input, it’s definitely good to know your experiences with the same bag!

I believe the vintage mini is possibly 24k gold. If that is the case, Tarnishing hardware is not a big issue because you can get that fix by leather surgeon to polish and add more 24k good on to the chain. It would look like brand new.