Buying in USA tax free?

You can definitely charge/send anything from Bergdorf's outside of New York State and not pay sales tax. I work there so I know. We do not have any other stores in the world so that's why we can do that.

You will not have to pay sales tax. The Chanel shop in Nordys is not part of the same entity as the freestanding Chanel boutiques. I order my Chanel bags from Las Vegas and pay no sales tax.:yes:

The Portland Nordy is opening a Chanel shop. If I go to Portland and buy a bag and take it with me I pay no sales tax because Oregon has no sales tax. However, if you ship the bag to Seattle, then you must pay sales tax.

You will not have to pay sales tax. The Chanel shop in Nordys is not part of the same entity as the freestanding Chanel boutiques. I order my Chanel bags from Las Vegas and pay no sales tax.:yes:

The Portland Nordy is opening a Chanel shop. If I go to Portland and buy a bag and take it with me I pay no sales tax because Oregon has no sales tax. However, if you ship the bag to Seattle, then you must pay sales tax.

Yeah, that's good to hear. A couple of hundred bucks is quite a sum for a 2+k bag. Thanks, Clandy! :yahoo:

Portland Saks has Chanel as well. For little items I sometimes buy from Nordstrom but for big purchases I never do.

Yeah, I prefer to shop at Saks too cos there is no Saks in WA (thus, no sales tax). But they don't carry the bag that I was looking for .... :sad:

I'm going down to Portland Saks for the EGC event on July 26th to get my Red Expandable Tote!!

Saks in NY I believe also wont' charge you sales tax even if you have one. NM i believe always charges you tax, unless you are in a state that doesnt' have tax.

BG definately is a good place, they dont' charge sales tax on anything, purses shoes or clothes.

I'm in Atlanta where there is a Saks and a NM that carries Chanel. For the Saks EGC event, I was planning on getting a Saks card to get 10% off. Can I apply for my Saks card online on the day of the EGC and then call a Saks out of state to order my GST to get it without paying sales tax and still get the 10& off and EGC? Wow, that was a lot!

Thanks!

Are there any stores not located in NY that I could buy Chanel from and save on tax? Those of you that live outside NY can buy from Bergdorff Goodman and Hirshleifer's without paying sales tax since they are only located in NY. The only other alternative I know of is Saks and what I was looking for, they do not carry:sad: Any ideas would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

An idea for you, I've seen tPFers mentioned this on earlier posts: how about asking BG or Hirshleifer's to send your purchases to your friends/relatives who are out of state, and then ask them to mail it to you? Or alternatively, when you go visit them, you can pick it up? Just an idea... :idea:

All Saks who carry Chanel are tax free. I remember having my Chanel sent to me from Boston Saks Fifth (I think was Boston). Other than that, I don't know how else you could save on tax unless you live in Oregon.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess there aren't any other single location stores other than the ones in my original post. :nogood:
I have to think of who I can send it to out of state. Thanks again!!