Stocking old Céline

I was at the Celine outlet in Bicester (just outside of London) a couple of weeks ago and they had only one mini luggage which was a tri colour. They had quite a few SLGs too which were nice, lots of nice colour wallets etc, but bag selection was limited. The luggage (from what I remember) was £1600, down from £2200

Reactions: chicanerie
I went to Bicester Village today and the available range of bags was pretty good. I was there mainly to look at the clothes (there was an excellent range of clothes from the last few of Phoebe's collections) so I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the bags, but there were some nice options. From what I can remember, there were a few trapezes (which surprised me - I feel like I hadn't seen them in Céline boutiques in ages, even during Phoebe's era), a clasp bag (not sure if it was mini or medium but I think it was mini), a fabric twisted cabas in white/blue, several soft cube bags, a cabas clasp tote, a large studs tote, a trotteur, and several trifold bags. There were a few more too but I can't remember what they were, and there's probably some additional stock out the back. Plenty of shoes as well, and an ok range of jewellery. Didn't look at what the discounts on the bags/shoes/jewellery were like but apparently everything in the store is at least 30% off (the clothes seemed to be 30-50% off).

I'll definitely be going back again before Hedi's stuff starts to creep in and Phoebe's stuff disappears!
Thank you *so so* much for this info!!! So happy to hear there's an excellent range of Phoebe's clothes. I'm on the hunt for clothes and footwear, but I'm going to be very disciplined about what I get - I intend to collect a few select pieces and wear them FOREVER. Will definitely be looking at the range of bags as well. On my old logo wishlist, in order, are: a medium Big Bag (open to colours and skins), a Classic Box in black or amazone and a medium Sangle. But, I'm also keen to look at other styles like the Studs tote and the Soft Cube in Storm - just excited to see what's there and spend some time trying stuff on. With the outlet discount and the VAT refund, I'm hopeful I can pick up a few beautiful pieces.... and then no more shopping for me for the next 10 years ;)

Thank you so much armyofbirds! I'm very grateful for this info. I'll take pics when I'm there and report back on what I see and what additional info I can glean from the SAs.

Am also hoping to go to the Céline at La Vallée village outside of Paris at the end of my trip, but time is tight there, so we'll have to see... has anyone been recently and have any info they can share?

I was at the Celine outlet in Bicester (just outside of London) a couple of weeks ago and they had only one mini luggage which was a tri colour. They had quite a few SLGs too which were nice, lots of nice colour wallets etc, but bag selection was limited. The luggage (from what I remember) was £1600, down from £2200
Interesting... thank you for the info. Perhaps new shipments have come in since your visit, based on what armyofbirds has said. It's probably timing and luck of the draw...

Thank you *so so* much for this info!!! So happy to hear there's an excellent range of Phoebe's clothes. I'm on the hunt for clothes and footwear, but I'm going to be very disciplined about what I get - I intend to collect a few select pieces and wear them FOREVER. Will definitely be looking at the range of bags as well. On my old logo wishlist, in order, are: a medium Big Bag (open to colours and skins), a Classic Box in black or amazone and a medium Sangle. But, I'm also keen to look at other styles like the Studs tote and the Soft Cube in Storm - just excited to see what's there and spend some time trying stuff on. With the outlet discount and the VAT refund, I'm hopeful I can pick up a few beautiful pieces.... and then no more shopping for me for the next 10 years ;)

Thank you so much armyofbirds! I'm very grateful for this info. I'll take pics when I'm there and report back on what I see and what additional info I can glean from the SAs.

Am also hoping to go to the Céline at La Vallée village outside of Paris at the end of my trip, but time is tight there, so we'll have to see... has anyone been recently and have any info they can share?

You're very very welcome! Good luck with your visits to the outlets. Hope you find something (or multiple things...) that you love. :smile:

I went to Bicester Village today and the available range of bags was pretty good. I was there mainly to look at the clothes (there was an excellent range of clothes from the last few of Phoebe's collections) so I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the bags, but there were some nice options. From what I can remember, there were a few trapezes (which surprised me - I feel like I hadn't seen them in Céline boutiques in ages, even during Phoebe's era), a clasp bag (not sure if it was mini or medium but I think it was mini), a fabric twisted cabas in white/blue, several soft cube bags, a cabas clasp tote, a large studs tote, a trotteur, and several trifold bags. There were a few more too but I can't remember what they were, and there's probably some additional stock out the back. Plenty of shoes as well, and an ok range of jewellery. Didn't look at what the discounts on the bags/shoes/jewellery were like but apparently everything in the store is at least 30% off (the clothes seemed to be 30-50% off).

I'll definitely be going back again before Hedi's stuff starts to creep in and Phoebe's stuff disappears!

Thanks so much for the info! I was on my way as soon as I came back from work.
I owned Trapeze once but in the moment of madness (too many bags) I sold it. And then they pulled it out. Didn't want to buy pre-owned as had the clasp repaired and was told they wouldn't do it without a receipt. I thought about this bag, even saw somebody in my town carrying it and felt another round of regret.

I'm really happy ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1201.JPG
    IMG_1201.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1202.jpg
    IMG_1202.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 331
I owned Trapeze once but in the moment of madness (too many bags) I sold it. And then they pulled it out. Didn't want to buy pre-owned as had the clasp repaired and was told they wouldn't do it without a receipt. I thought about this bag, even saw somebody in my town carrying it and felt another round of regret.

I'm really happy ;)

Congrats!

How much did you pay for this at the outlet if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: EmilyM111

I'm really happy ;)

An absolutely beautiful bag! Congrats!

Reactions: EmilyM111
IMG_4032.JPG IMG_4034.JPG IMG_4033.JPG selfridges.JPG Paid a visit to Bicester Village outside London three weeks ago. There was a really good selection of clothing, a fair number of shoes and not quite as many bags as I expected. I saw a fair number of Tri-folds (small and medium shoulder bags; clutch on chain); a few Trapeze bags, some Clasp bags, a black on black logo Patchwork bag and a really nice black studded cabas. Saw some SLGs, including a handful of Hedi’s stuff (C charm wallets) which is now trickling in.

Chatted a bit with the SAs and one reckons that Phoebe’s stuff may disappear from the outlet store by the end of this year. It sounds like the store manager orders their stock, so it sounds like she has a good idea of what’s available (I’m assuming) in Europe and perhaps worldwide.

My own Bicester haul included a lovely, slouchy red lambskin horizontal cabas, a black cashmere Crombie coat and a pair of black wool trousers.

Also did a quick trip to Selfridges. They have a drawer full of old logo Frame shoulder bags in a variety of colours (included a navy turquoise combo - not shown) which came in from the Middle East where that style just didn’t sell. Had a good chat with an SA about Hedi vs Phoebe. Got talking about naturalcalfskin as he had a couple of large Sangles in tan and dark blue (highly covetable), but as I had already done much financial damage at Bicester, I didn’t bite. Anyone know if the new logo Sangles are similar/better quality compared to the old?

View attachment 4550127 View attachment 4550128 View attachment 4550129 View attachment 4550130 Paid a visit to Bicester Village outside London three weeks ago. There was a really good selection of clothing, a fair number of shoes and not quite as many bags as I expected. I saw a fair number of Tri-folds (small and medium shoulder bags; clutch on chain); a few Trapeze bags, some Clasp bags, a black on black logo Patchwork bag and a really nice black studded cabas. Saw some SLGs, including a handful of Hedi’s stuff (C charm wallets) which is now trickling in.

Chatted a bit with the SAs and one reckons that Phoebe’s stuff may disappear from the outlet store by the end of this year. It sounds like the store manager orders their stock, so it sounds like she has a good idea of what’s available (I’m assuming) in Europe and perhaps worldwide.

My own Bicester haul included a lovely, slouchy red lambskin horizontal cabas, a black cashmere Crombie coat and a pair of black wool trousers.

Also did a quick trip to Selfridges. They have a drawer full of old logo Frame shoulder bags in a variety of colours (included a navy turquoise combo - not shown) which came in from the Middle East where that style just didn’t sell. Had a good chat with an SA about Hedi vs Phoebe. Got talking about naturalcalfskin as he had a couple of large Sangles in tan and dark blue (highly covetable), but as I had already done much financial damage at Bicester, I didn’t bite. Anyone know if the new logo Sangles are similar/better quality compared to the old?

Thanks for sharing!! Your post and pics are most helpful!