What's your dream bag?

EmilyGL

May 1, 2007
I'm turning 30 next month and I want to buy a present for myself. I am a big Balenciaga fan and was thinking about getting one of the new motorcycle bags with the large hardware screws. I really like the YSL muse bag too. What do you think are the best timesless bags (besides a Birkin)?

My two dream bags of the moment are
shorthillstrip002.jpg

^Chanel Sharpey tote (courtesy of Jill)

And a white or black with silver GST (also Chanel).

Chanel is soo classic you can't go wrong.

My dream bag ( yes, the Birkin in my avatar) arrived 2 days ago but I still cherish my Chanel Luxe Ligne bowler and love my LV Azur Saleya. I was looking at the Balencaiga also the other day with the giant hardware and those bags are great.

I think a Birkin or a Chanel flap are the 'classics' of classics. But I'd also suggest LV Epi range, especially the Alma or Passy, the bespoke Ebury or Carker by Anya Hindmarch and, if you prefer something less structured, the Ultimate Soft by Chanel which is my latest love! Also, don't overlook the Hermes Bolide which is very underrated in my opinion.

Well, I have a couple....

I love the Chanel PST and GST...so classic....yet modern and young at the same time....

I also love the Rebecca Minkoff "The Morning After Bag" in Chocolate, because I think this bag is on it's way to becoming an iconic bag....it will be one of the classics IMO.

And of course, would I be a true handbag fan if I didn't say it??:P The Holy Grail of Handbags.....HERMES BIRKIN!!!!!

I'm turning 30 next month and I want to buy a present for myself. I am a big Balenciaga fan and was thinking about getting one of the new motorcycle bags with the large hardware screws. I really like the YSL muse bag too. What do you think are the best timesless bags (besides a Birkin)?

Happy (early) bday EmilyGL! I'll be turning the big 3-0 in Sept :P.

Best timeless bag? When I think timeless, I think Chanel flap, Hermes Kelly and LV Speedy.

Dream bag? I interpret that as a bag I want to add to my collection but don't have at the moment. That would be a black box Birkin 35. (I know you said "besides a Birkin" but I can't help it :P Other than that? There really isn't anything else I'm longing for right now.