100: The Road to a Masterpiece — A Reveal

Oct 19, 2008
There are times when a full reveal is necessary . This is one of them.

Last September, Txoceangirl posted her reveal “From Jige to JiYAY!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/from-jige-to-jiyay.995351/

I was entranced by the transformation of her Jige. The concept and workmanship on her bag was one of the most exquisite things I had ever seen.

I researched the artist, started following him on Instagram and seriously looked at my bag closet.

It took me months to settle on a bag to transform — a vintage 32CM Vatche Natural HAC with GHW I purchased from Docride several years ago.

The difficult question was if I were to transform the HAC, what pattern/design would work well with its original style and coloration? I wanted the new design to be in complete harmony with the original — as if the painting of the bag was the reason for the bag’s being.

The design also had to seamlessly integrate with my style, personality and wardrobe. Tough challenge. But one idea kept popping in my head: Indian wedding hennas. I could not stop thinking about it. I knew it would work beautifully.

So in April I finally reached out to the artist and showed him pics of my bag and pitched the idea of using an Indian Wedding Henna theme. He loved the idea and gave me a quote to do work.

The next day, my HAC was overnighted to NYC where the process began. I must say my heart was in my mouth. One small slip of the brush…. I did not dwell on that. I just knew the bag would come out spectacularly — and it did.

I have to say the artist was so easy to work with — responsive and enthusiastic about our project. He explained everything, the paints he uses, and why. He researched henna patterns. We went back and forth on a few sketches and ideas.

IMG_7709.jpeg IMG_7183.jpg IMG_7184.jpg IMG_7198.jpg IMG_7200.jpg

Like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly, her transformation began. After a week or two I got my first progress shots. I told the artist to take his time. Quality before speed, always.

I also reached out to Txoceangirl because I just had to spill to someone. She was just as excited about this as I was. Because there was just so much detail, the project took longer than expected. But it had unexpected benefits too.

IMG_0022.JPG IMG_0023.JPG

Wow! What a great idea! Can’t wait to see what you have chosen as the design! Although I do love the second design very much..
But then I also like the first, third, and fourth too! Hugs!

Reactions: etoupebirkin
The finished bag was ready on Thursday of last week. By coincidence, I was going to be in NYC. So the artist and I agreed to meet on Saturday. It was just fantastic to meet him. I am definitely a FAN! We both think the bag is a masterpiece. When the artist was signing and numbering the bag, it was the 100th bag he’s completed. So, she is a perfect 100.

Every time I look at the bag, she just takes my breath away.
IMG_5372.jpg IMG_5255.jpg IMG_1163.jpg IMG_0814.jpg

Dear @etoupebirkin,

She is drop dead gorgeous! Congratulations to you and the artist for making a masterpiece.

I’m so happy that you confided in me through the process. It was incredible to see the art unfold. He is a true talent, a pleasure to work with and I can’t say enough good about him (as you found out).

Wear her in good health and ENJOY! You both will be stopping traffic ....

:love::love::love: