Review Guerlain Meteorites Powder for the Face

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
My review:
This is an illuminating powered that will help minimize flaws and add brightness to the skin. These pearls are handmade and can last up to 4 years. HMMMM....
All I can say is I haven't seen any change on my face. This is the last little touch of powder I use on my face in the morning. I have not seen a trace of this powder work its magic in different lighting, outside, on pictures, plenty of selfies... NADA. :biggrin:

This thread is a rant because IMO, Meteorite pearl powered doesn't work for me and it's expensive. Price $60.

But I'm keeping it. Why? Cuz this product is so darn pretty. The beautiful silver tin and the embossed flowers on the lid, and those colorful handmade powder balls just have a soft place in my heart. The product looks so elegant on my vanity and a perfect showcase decoration, that I'll buy into the hype that somehow these handmade pearls will make me face glow. :smile:

More detailed information on the product.

What it is:
An illuminating powder made up of light-diffusing pearls that minimize flaws and add brightness to the skin.

What it does:
Geurlain’s iconic handcrafted pearls have been reinvented with a boosted illuminating power. For the first time ever, Météorites’ Pearls incorporate Guerlain’s exclusive Stardust Technology, a spherical pigment contained within each pearl. This formulation diffracts light upon contact to envelop the skin in a halo of light. Each lightweight shade has a specific correcting action to offer women the ultimate in luminous skin.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens

What else you need to know:
These delicate and perfectly round pearls continue to be shaped by hand, with craftsmanship mastered by only four people in the world.

Last edited:
I never saw any change either and sadly it doesn't get much use even though it was expensive! I think I need to put it in front of my face so at least I start using it. To be fair though, I didn't see any change with Chanel Les Beiges either and now I have bought the Hourglass Ambient palette (haven't tried it yet) and I'm debating whether these products maybe just aren't for me and I should return it :shrugs:

I love the packaging of Guerlain. Always makes me smile whenever I reach for my compact. Versus my regular pressed powder, I've noticed that this adds a subtle sheen to my skin and helps illuminate my face (I have acidic skin). This product is helpful to me in this respect. :smile:

I never saw any change either and sadly it doesn't get much use even though it was expensive! I think I need to put it in front of my face so at least I start using it. To be fair though, I didn't see any change with Chanel Les Beiges either and now I have bought the Hourglass Ambient palette (haven't tried it yet) and I'm debating whether these products maybe just aren't for me and I should return it :shrugs:

not sure if this would be for another thread but I would LOVE to hear your review on the Hourglass Ambient palette once you have tried it .... these products are so pricey for me, i hesitate to buy them as I have limited funds....
as far the meteorites goes, the package is beautiful..... and I dont know the correct way to apply this product.

Reviving this thread.

I found this product on the Costco website. They have the compact and the pearls.
It must be a popular item, because the lighter shades were sold out.
I bought the compact in the darker shade (all they had left) and the pearls in a medium shade.

The compact is a dark color. I use it as a bronzer.

The pearls are interesting. I really don’t see a difference. But when I see photos wearing this, wow! What a difference! It seems like my face has a glow to it. Had I not seen me wearing this in photos, I would have returned. For the price Costco is selling it for, they are keepers!
I use this as the last step in my routine. A dusting of this. It is easy to go overboard, because it looks like nothing is happening as I brush it on. But the proof is in the photos!

Reviving this thread.

I found this product on the Costco website. They have the compact and the pearls.
It must be a popular item, because the lighter shades were sold out.
I bought the compact in the darker shade (all they had left) and the pearls in a medium shade.

The compact is a dark color. I use it as a bronzer.

The pearls are interesting. I really don’t see a difference. But when I see photos wearing this, wow! What a difference! It seems like my face has a glow to it. Had I not seen me wearing this in photos, I would have returned. For the price Costco is selling it for, they are keepers!
I use this as the last step in my routine. A dusting of this. It is easy to go overboard, because it looks like nothing is happening as I brush it on. But the proof is in the photos!

I like mine too. It's not supposed to be in yer face and sometimes it's only when people tell me "you're looking very nice/well today!" I remember the only thing different is that I actually remembered and had time to put the Meteorites (pearls) on. I don't have the official brush I use a ScreenFace Large sable blusher brush which I only use for finishing powders (Hourglass Ambient in Diffused, Chanel Infinment illuminating and Meteorites).

I use Light (I am light) but I think the darker shades could be used as a subtle bronzer. I'm thinking of getting one of the compacts too to use as a bronzer/multi-purpose in Gold.

For me this product is a RAVE.