Would you make your own bags?

Would you make your own bags?

• Total voters
Aug 17, 2016
Hi TPF! I've stumbled across this a few times recently so I wanted to see what other bag-lovers think…

Would you want to make your own bags? Are you overflowing with bag ideas and designs that you wish existed? Are you super crafty and could crush this, or would it lead to frustration and stamping on your half-finished project?

There's also a YouTuber/Instagrammer who started off making SLGs, and now she's making full on H dupes by hand:

IMG_2338.JPG
IMG_2340.JPG

The examples I've found have been H, but of course if you know how to do this, the possibilities are endless. You could potentially dupe any bag, or you could alter existing designs to suit your needs, or you could construct your perfect holy grail bag! Would you do it if you had time and funds?

I would if I had even one finger that could sew. I'm so bad at handicraft. My talent lies in cooking and right now I don't have a free decade or two to use to learn the ins and outs of making bags. But if I could I'd def make bags. And now fake someone else's work but make my own designs.

If I did it, I would create my own designs. Just like when I paint, I don't copy famous paintings. The purpose of being creative is to express your vision, not someone else's.

At this point in my life, I don't have the energy or ambition to try.
I completely agree with @whateve - if I was going to do this, I’d want my own designs, not a copy of something else.

That being said, while I have zero interest in actually crafting a bag, I’d love to create my own design and have a craftsperson make it for me. Every bespoke option I’ve seen only gives the opportunity to modify a selection of designs and options. I’d love to have a bag I created from scratch.