Anyone seen the new Boy WOC (new chain)?

FunBagz

Apr 15, 2015
Anyone seen the new Boy WOC with the "boy" style chain IRL? Price increased to $2,700 USD, and obviously the chain has changed, but curious if there are any other changes (strap length, removable chain, interior layout, etc.). Pics provided by my SA:

CCBoyWOC1.jpg CCBoyWOC2.jpg CCBoyWOC3.jpg

Reactions: bellarusa and missD
oh cool! Didn't realize there was a new boy WOC with a new chain.
I hope they still have the 'old' boy WOC with the classic (leather intertwined) chain? That's what I've been looking for, for the past year...

Have ya'll seen the new Boy WOC that has the heavy chain without the leather running through it and what are your thoughts. Do you like it? Do you like the older style better? Is this one just for 2019, does anyone know? I can't decide if I want the heavy looking chain because with that small of a bag I'm afraid all you see is the chain and I kinda prefer something so not in your face and softer. YOUR THOUGHTS??!!

I have the boy WOC with the original chain that I bought in 2017 and I've seen the new thicker chain version recently at the store. I do think the thicker chain is very nice and I probably would go for it if I was getting another boy WOC. However, the only negative I have heard about it is that it's now no longer really possible to double the chain to make the bag shorter and wearable under the arm. But I don't think many people do that anyway. I dunno? The great thing about the boy WOC though is that magnetic closure on the bottom because you can fit so much more in it than the snap button classic WOCs. I also just received the envelope WOC for my birthday which too has a magnetic closure and it fits way more than the snap. So in my opinion, I think you should go for the boy WOC. It looks great with either chain!

Reactions: malzahnart
I have the boy WOC with the original chain that I bought in 2017 and I've seen the new thicker chain version recently at the store. I do think the thicker chain is very nice and I probably would go for it if I was getting another boy WOC. However, the only negative I have heard about it is that it's now no longer really possible to double the chain to make the bag shorter and wearable under the arm. But I don't think many people do that anyway. I dunno? The great thing about the boy WOC though is that magnetic closure on the bottom because you can fit so much more in it than the snap button classic WOCs. I also just received the envelope WOC for my birthday which too has a magnetic closure and it fits way more than the snap. So in my opinion, I think you should go for the boy WOC. It looks great with either chain!
Thank you for that info. I was afraid the chain would be over bearing. I love my classic WOC and really only wear it cross body so like you said I wouldn't be doubling up on the chain. I wouldn't even wear it as a clutch because I already have clutches for that. Thank you so much. Have you seen one with a silver or ruthenium chain? Have you heard if they will be continuing making the original chain with that Boy. I am just wondering if this is just a FAD change or a forever change.

Thank you for that info. I was afraid the chain would be over bearing. I love my classic WOC and really only wear it cross body so like you said I wouldn't be doubling up on the chain. I wouldn't even wear it as a clutch because I already have clutches for that. Thank you so much. Have you seen one with a silver or ruthenium chain? Have you heard if they will be continuing making the original chain with that Boy. I am just wondering if this is just a FAD change or a forever change.
I honestly think this is how the Boy WOCs will be from now on so they can look more like the bigger versions of the bags. Saks in Beverly Hills I believe has one with Ruthenium and one with Gold.

Reactions: malzahnart