Opinions on Bal Outlet bags

Sep 29, 2011
There's a B city bag I'm looking for ( black with red/pink stripes) and my SA in the reg retail Bal store called the outlet and found the bag. It's $1500. Final sale. Buying site unseen. I don't get to look it over. I'm worried about outlet merchandise. Stuff gets tossed around. This is a bad idea right? I can wait and try to find it pre loved but it may never show up, and at least this is "new". I was a little shocked that the outlet price is only $500 cheaper than full retail. Just wanted someone else's thoughts on this....thanks.

Reactions: Shoppingalways
There's a B city bag I'm looking for ( black with red/pink stripes) and my SA in the reg retail Bal store called the outlet and found the bag. It's $1500. Final sale. Buying site unseen. I don't get to look it over. I'm worried about outlet merchandise. Stuff gets tossed around. This is a bad idea right? I can wait and try to find it pre loved but it may never show up, and at least this is "new". I was a little shocked that the outlet price is only $500 cheaper than full retail. Just wanted someone else's thoughts on this....thanks.
I would if this was 70% off. But at only 25% off, I wouldn't. I've seen them sell for 30% off on their own website during the sale season!

Last edited:
They can’t at least send detailed photos? I would have a hard time buying a bag final sale without seeing it.
I was thinking about that but you can't tell if a zipper is good by a photo. I was hoping it was going to be under 1K seeing it's gone to the outlet. Also now that they're at the outlet, there's a better chance someone will buy one and not like it, then try to off load it to an online consignment shop. I saw one in Dec for $795 so I feel like a bit of a dope paying double. I wonder what the outlet is like? I'm in San Jose. Palm Springs is a bit too far away just to go to an outlet mall.

I was thinking about that but you can't tell if a zipper is good by a photo. I was hoping it was going to be under 1K seeing it's gone to the outlet. Also now that they're at the outlet, there's a better chance someone will buy one and not like it, then try to off load it to an online consignment shop. I saw one in Dec for $795 so I feel like a bit of a dope paying double. I wonder what the outlet is like? I'm in San Jose. Palm Springs is a bit too far away just to go to an outlet mall.

I’ve been to the Bal outlet in Woodbury Commons in NY and you’re about the prices...it’s not a huge savings and I went the day after Christmas when everyone was having an extra percentage off. I didn’t spend too much time looking but the quality seemed to be there. If you can wait then I would wait.

Reactions: Cinnamon718
where are you located?
i understand we are talking of the striped Bazar, right?
i saw one on Fashionette, but they only sell/ship within EU, price was around 500 or 600 GBP
I would not commit to the final sale when it's only 25% off

I have been to Woodbury and they say these bags are up to 30% off retail. They are generally locked to the display so you can pick it up but can't really go far or toss it on the floor unless they unlock it for you. Sales associates are very attentive as it is a small store and didn't seem to have much foot traffic last I went. I would ask for detailed photos and if its not to your liking return it.

Also I can attest to the goodwill online service it is an auction like ebay so buyers bid the item up. If you go this route just have it authenticated and use a card you can charge back on just incase. They have a very hands-off return policy but I have scored some great finds.