Blackrock on unfinished leather (LV's Vachetta)

MrsWasik

Jul 28, 2014
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about getting an LV bag with vachetta on it and heard it's prone to water and oil stains and I really don't want that. Im thinking of conditioning it with Blackrock and Obenauf's LP because that's what I have. But Blackrock's label states that it's for finished leather while vachetta is unfinished, so I'm hesitant now.

Has anyone ever used these creams on their vachetta and have good results?

Honestly if you don't want patina, dont get vachetta! The whole point of uncoated leather is that it gets these marks and wears beautifully. No product will cover it sufficiently to avoid it completely anyway.

I have used Blackrock on a vintage LV that already had light patina, and it did darken the vachetta quite a bit. I used a light hand and made sure it was evenly applied then removed the excess. It darkened evenly for me. You will not be able to control the results or remove it if you are not happy so I don't know that I would recommend it on a new piece unless you are sure you are a patina lover. I would say mine is now a medium honey.

I have used Blackrock on a vintage LV that already had light patina, and it did darken the vachetta quite a bit. I used a light hand and made sure it was evenly applied then removed the excess. It darkened evenly for me. You will not be able to control the results or remove it if you are not happy so I don't know that I would recommend it on a new piece unless you are sure you are a patina lover. I would say mine is now a medium honey.
Thank you. Very helpful info!