Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you on the prices, but I really wanted to try out the design! I have never been to the Changi one actually, I am generally too busy drinking the champagne at the lounge :smile:
Psst, Changi has 3 H outlets. DH and I were once on separate business trips but returning same day 3 hours apart. I went to all three to explore! If we travel together, I leave him in the lounge :biggrin:

Well, I take back my words about Hermès boutiques in Taipei — introducing my new Carrié Quadrige Perforé 90cm in CW 08 from the airport duty free store. Not the best airport photo, but it’s the most beautiful Dutch Orange color, and the perforations are to die for. Taiwanese prices are not the best, but I figured since it was there and looked so great, I would just go for it as a portent to my vacation. IMG_1277.jpg

Well, I take back my words about Hermès boutiques in Taipei — introducing my new Carrié Quadrige Perforé 90cm in CW 08 from the airport duty free store. Not the best airport photo, but it’s the most beautiful Dutch Orange color, and the perforations are to die for. Taiwanese prices are not the best, but I figured since it was there and looked so great, I would just go for it as a portent to my vacation. View attachment 4301490

Wow, it looks like a suede almost. Lovely!

Are the perforation edges treated in any way to prevent fraying?

Reactions: AnnaE
Psst, Changi has 3 H outlets. DH and I were once on separate business trips but returning same day 3 hours apart. I went to all three to explore! If we travel together, I leave him in the lounge :biggrin:

Oh good to know! I will have to make some time to explore next time I am in Sing and will have to solicit your advice on which one is the best one :smile:

I actually very rarely buy Hermès at airports, but it does happen now and then...

My first accidental double.
I first bought Monsieurs et Madame II in the olive cw - I love that orange ribbon.
View attachment 4300685
But I don’t really like this on me - I still have it but don’t have an archive picture of it, which says a lot.
Wearing today Monsieurs et Madame with the fabulous pink ribbon - I love this one!
View attachment 4300686

My first airport purchase - first trip to France but every time I tried to go to H they were closed for a bank holiday. Whoops! Fortunately CDG was open! [emoji38]
PdS
View attachment 4300687
Twins with Joannadyne and Momasaurus and many more I’m sure! [emoji173]️

The olive one is a really interesting CW of MeM, but I can actually see why you would be reaching for it less than the pink one. Olive is such a tricky color to wear! I can never pull it off myself.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Is this Adriana Lecouvreur? (A bit tricky to to scroll back on mobile). I love that opera but missing it this season at the Met due to travel.

I always wish Hermes did more opera scarves... I still don’t have a Turandot (refuse to pay the crazy price).
Yes, it's Adriana. The Met is live video-broadcasting the matinee Saturday in case your travels bring you near a theater.
More opera scarves would be fun!!

Hi, all! In Taipei today with my jersey pointu. View attachment 4301282

Had a very weird experience at a Taipei store today — asked to see Animapolis and they said they had one CW; in the same case, they had three more color ways I had to point out to them they seemed reluctant to take out and show. Didn’t feel like a language barrier. Liked one colorway, but wasn’t about to beg them to sell me things — my SA at home has some anyway. Will try them as soon as I get home.
Strange story. But you look fantastic!!

Thank you to @bunnycat for this interesting concept of the "pacifier" scarf. I've bought a second cw of many vintage scarves because I discovered a second cw which I like better than my original. However, this was the first scarf that I consciously bought as a pacifier, unwisely assuming that it would calm the rabid raging bunnies in my soul. Two years later, I succumbed with a whimper and bought the dark blue Toits :crybaby:
View attachment 4301359
I have a few pacifier scarves myself. This looks wonderful, though, (that's a really nice blue) and I love it with this fabulous blouse!!

Reactions: xincinsin
Well, I take back my words about Hermès boutiques in Taipei — introducing my new Carrié Quadrige Perforé 90cm in CW 08 from the airport duty free store. Not the best airport photo, but it’s the most beautiful Dutch Orange color, and the perforations are to die for. Taiwanese prices are not the best, but I figured since it was there and looked so great, I would just go for it as a portent to my vacation. View attachment 4301490
This is sensational~!!

Status
Not open for further replies.