Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on the subway to work and I'm :blush:. Merci!

Well, we have a September theme for scarves you'd wear for a TV interview, so if anyone wants to role-play, I'll applaud :clap:

I feel a sudden irrational need for this :angel: My wallet disagrees and reminds me of the long wishlist for SS19. You look sooooo smart and elegant, Langsam!
Why thank you for your kind compliment, @xincinsin! I can relate to the late, late, late in the season infatuation ... that's how I got this one :smile: Then I immediately purchased Animapolis .... sliding down the slope :smile:

I've been wearing Hermès scarves since the mid-1980s, initially as a way to jazz up the ubiquitous "dress for success" navy suit, white silk blouse, nude stockings, and navy pumps of that time. :yucky:

But my first purchase was actually an accident. The Hubster and I were on vacation in London, and decided to cruise through Harrod's to see if we could find me some cashmere sweaters. On the first floor, we came to a screeching halt in front of a case overflowing with shimmering jewel tones. "WHAT ARE THOSE???" we asked the nice saleslady? "Hermeez scarves," she helpfully replied.

And so I ended up with La Mare aux Canards because the details on the ducks reminded me of cloisoné.

And four more over the next year, but we won't discuss that. Shhhhh...

View attachment 4299133

View attachment 4299134

I LOVE those colors and the texture in the feathers!! What a beautiful first scarf! Looks stunning on that blue!

Reactions: ElainePG
I am loving this week's topic--it is so fun to see how we all started down this slippery slope! I'm really enjoying everyone's stories and memories :flowers:

I still consider myself a scarf newbie, my first purchase just a few months ago...this is the scarf that started it for me, a pre-loved Pivoines moussie. Subtle changeant with white and pink threads.
View attachment 4298653

My SOTD is my first plisse! Didn't think I'd take the plisse plunge, but have been waiting for Ex-libris en Kimonos, and when this popped up, went for it! Am having fun learning to tie it, and am surprised that it ties casually quite well. Am learning not to be afraid of plisse :PView attachment 4298654

Thanks for these visuals on tying the plisse!

Reactions: MoMaMo
Perspectives was the first ever H scarf that I wanted, way, way back, I couldn't believe my mother didn't have it. I had tried to buy preloved in the past but they didn't work out because the condition was not as described twice over. I can't believe it's taken me till now, but anyhow I have one now all is right with the world.

View attachment 4298752

First scarf DH has ever bought me (although I chose it). It's a miracle! He said it's the smartest scarf I have, Eyeliner Dallet

First day wearing and today.
Eyeliner Dallet :biggrin:what a cute name! Love the stripes! Smart indeed:tup:

Post script..just saw the Eyeliner thread. Oh boy :graucho:another format to explore

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
Perspectives was the first ever H scarf that I wanted, way, way back, I couldn't believe my mother didn't have it. I had tried to buy preloved in the past but they didn't work out because the condition was not as described twice over. I can't believe it's taken me till now, but anyhow I have one now all is right with the world.

View attachment 4298752

First scarf DH has ever bought me (although I chose it). It's a miracle! He said it's the smartest scarf I have, Eyeliner Dallet

First day wearing and today.

Lovely scarves but moreover, I am in awe of your sheepskin jacket which is a dream!

Reactions: papertiger
I'm learning so much about everyone's journey beginnings and landmarks.

First i formats:

My first 70 JmC in pink.

View attachment 4298765

First CSGM ZP and twillies

View attachment 4298771

First and only bandana (so far). So easy.

View attachment 4298781

First jacquard. I love everything about this scarf.

View attachment 4298773

First pocket square PE 69/70 I would have bought this in a 70 had it come in this cw

View attachment 4298777

First and only DD

View attachment 4298789

FIRST EVER SCARF EVER! (Chants 2002). It was a gift and a very lovely, thoughtful one. I also wore it on my first tPF H meet.
View attachment 4298784

First giant silk, Peg d H en bloc
the DD with your cardigan is beautiful. I fell for two colors of the Mawari DD and no regrets.

First H scarf was from The mother ship many many years ago. I wanted to celebrate a career high with a classic French scarf. I went for a classic design in the most traditional colors! The SA kept trying to interest me in other designs and colors, but I was determined to be classic. LOL. I wore it now and then, more recently perked up with a line of scarf rings and with a plastic chili necklace.
daaeeb0a61a313d994f0bc2dd8d87ab3.jpg
985ab9e31ad68a0062d0573c59c43c0d.jpg
ca12965176c3bea465270ec7f0d94cda.jpg
Fantastic moma. I love your accessories! What a wonderful gift to yourself to celebrate with.

Reactions: momasaurus
I've been wearing Hermès scarves since the mid-1980s, initially as a way to jazz up the ubiquitous "dress for success" navy suit, white silk blouse, nude stockings, and navy pumps of that time. :yucky:

But my first purchase was actually an accident. The Hubster and I were on vacation in London, and decided to cruise through Harrod's to see if we could find me some cashmere sweaters. On the first floor, we came to a screeching halt in front of a case overflowing with shimmering jewel tones. "WHAT ARE THOSE???" we asked the nice saleslady? "Hermeez scarves," she helpfully replied.

And so I ended up with La Mare aux Canards because the details on the ducks reminded me of cloisoné.

And four more over the next year, but we won't discuss that. Shhhhh...

View attachment 4299133

View attachment 4299134
It does look rather cloisonné and the colours are beautiful. Lovely!

Reactions: ElainePG
This was my first one ever. I thought it would be my last, but we all know how that story goes. View attachment 4299427Wearing it today with jeans and brown belt and shoes for a casual, no meetings, in-office work day.
I love any CW of Plumes but this is special indeed. For some reason, I started sing Barry White, "You're my first, my last, my everything" when I read your post! [emoji23]

This is my first Hermes Scarf ever and bought only a few weeks ago.
At the moment, life is dictating me to take it very slow. Because of circumstances, I purchased quite some Silk the last year ( pyjama’s, cushion-covers) and I’m very pleased with the feel of it to my skin. So, I treated myself with a -new to me - Rocaille. I already bought a vintage Dior scarf last spring and was both content with how it felt and surprised with how it looked on me, so it was an easy ‘jump’. In the last few weeks I noticed, I picked my clothes in a way that I could wear my scarves [emoji23]. When I told my husband, he said he wasn’t surprised because when he met me 38 years ago, I was wearing colourful scarves most every day ... I totally forgot about that ! I guess having children and living in the tropics for 10 years made me change my clothing style .... [emoji6]
And shortly after that, he announced he bought me a H Scarf for my birthday end of April in a colour that he thought would suit me. Analytical as he is, I think he had a peek at my colour-chart so he probably would have chosen periwinkle blue or coral ... I have something to look forward to ! And in the meantime, I am going to hunt for some additions [emoji4] So many beautiful designs and colours !IMG_5698.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.