Why would they told me they don't have that bag but 5 minutes later they have it?!

Everyone makes mistakes, I choose to give the benefit of the doubt as much as possible. I think the lesson is if you have your heart set on something, don't settle for something else if you don't like it as well, if it's a current item they can always find one for you or wait to get another in.

Reactions: onlyk
It could be many possible reasons, whether it's something deliberate or an honest mistake, I can see it being either. Without any proof really it's all guessing!

Based on just personal experience, SAs can definitely hide things for their clients. I've asked for it done for myself / had SAs send me photos and ask me if I want one held (really I think they just hide it and I am normally told to go in to the store soon). It's not with an upfront payment and different than ordering it for you or place you on a waiting list. It happens if they get some new or hot items, or they know a client who is looking for it...I think this is probably not even allowed in some places. So it could be that they went and checked if it's OK to instead sell it to you as you are here and ready to pay. This is most likely I think if it's a deliberate thing.

But it could honestly just have been a mistake and nothing deliberate. Something in their system, they just got it, they forgot, ... etc.

In the end stay firm with what you want to buy, and really if they have it and can sell it to you they definitely will - that's the job! Obviously if they can sell you something more expensive or less popular I expect them to try, but if you know what you want and make them see that they will understand and act accordingly. I always understand if they make an effort though especially if they are under pressure for numbers. It might also depend on the store location and the type of clientele they have (it’s probably different strategies for say, a local LV vs one with oversea tourists). Congrats on your new goodies :smile:

Last edited:
This reminds me of an incident a few months ago that really put me off going to a boutique ever again. It wasn’t LV but a brand (which I won’t mention), where you can check product availability at certain locations. I went to this boutique b/c the bag was available there. I was checking the latest update on stock even an hour before going there. When I was there and I asked for the bag, the SA pulled it from display. I asked if I could have a new one and she curtly told me this was the last one and they didn’t have any in the back. She seemed disinterested in further dialogue so I didn’t even mentioned that I had checked product availability online and that it listed “availability” not even “limited availability” which would mean they had more than just a few. However, I naturally took her word without a second thought and assumed that they somehow must’ve sold out of it within that hour. Then I leave to shop on the upper floor of the dept store. Literally 5 mins later, I come down the escalator and look towards the boutique and see that same SA, pulling out a new one from the cabinet below and putting it on display. I was quite flabbergasted and I actually stopped at the end of the escalator and thought for a second of going in there and saying something. Not combative or anything but just go in and ask why she would tell me they didn’t any new ones and that the display one was the last one 10 mins ago. I just left and couldnt bother cuz honestly I’m really not a confrontational person and I didn’t even want to cause a scene (not that i would’ve). Cuz I can’t even imagine what her response would be? Turn it around on me and say there was nothing wrong with the display model so why the fuss? The point for me is that she lied. Ugh

Last edited:
Happened to me too ! No TP26 but SA found one in the back. He had to check that it was not on hold. I agree with others - the computer inventory isn't always up to date :smile:

Another time the computer said they had a damier azur mini pochette but the SA could not find it !

Reactions: onlyk
This has absolutely happened to me. On more than one occasion too. Usually on popular styles. I’ve gone in there and been told the bags on my wishlist are unavailable/sold out/or out of stock. They upsell the unpopular leather bags. Only when I turn away to leave they miraculously find one in the system. Other times I will walk out and leave and later see the same SA or another one showing the exact bag I wanted to another client. I’m the type though that will march back in and question it. To me, that’s really messed up. I want an SA who truly wants me to have the bag I’m lusting after. It’s getting harder and harder to find good SAs. Once I find a good one, they never seem to stick around long and they leave the company. Lately I have been purchasing online and it’s been pretty hassle free! More stock online too!

Everyone makes mistakes, I choose to give the benefit of the doubt as much as possible. I think the lesson is if you have your heart set on something, don't settle for something else if you don't like it as well, if it's a current item they can always find one for you or wait to get another in.
Great point! I need to make a list for 2019! hahaha

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
It could be many possible reasons, whether it's something deliberate or an honest mistake, I can see it being either. Without any proof really it's all guessing!

Based on just personal experience, SAs can definitely hide things for their clients. I've asked for it done for myself / had SAs send me photos and ask me if I want one held (really I think they just hide it and I am normally told to go in to the store soon). It's not with an upfront payment and different than ordering it for you or place you on a waiting list. It happens if they get some new or hot items, or they know a client who is looking for it...I think this is probably not even allowed in some places. So it could be that they went and checked if it's OK to instead sell it to you as you are here and ready to pay. This is most likely I think if it's a deliberate thing.

But it could honestly just have been a mistake and nothing deliberate. Something in their system, they just got it, they forgot, ... etc.

In the end stay firm with what you want to buy, and really if they have it and can sell it to you they definitely will - that's the job! Obviously if they can sell you something more expensive or less popular I expect them to try, but if you know what you want and make them see that they will understand and act accordingly. I always understand if they make an effort though especially if they are under pressure for numbers. It might also depend on the store location and the type of clientele they have (it’s probably different strategies for say, a local LV vs one with oversea tourists). Congrats on your new goodies :smile:
Thank you! and I totally agree with you! :smile:

Wow these stories have a similar theme. I also had an SA locate a high demand bag out of state. The SA called that store to inquire about product availability and was told the bag was not in this store. The SA said to me wow this seems quite odd she kept questioning the out of state SA about this handbag. I called the same out of state store early on a Monday morning. I gave the same information the SA did for me the night before. Could you believe this the same out of state SA remember the call and told me she was holding the bag for a VIP client that was out of the country? At this point I realized the games that are played for preferred clients.

This reminds me of an incident a few months ago that really put me off going to a boutique ever again. It wasn’t LV but a brand (which I won’t mention), where you can check product availability at certain locations. I went to this boutique b/c the bag was available there. I was checking the latest update on stock even an hour before going there. When I was there and I asked for the bag, the SA pulled it from display. I asked if I could have a new one and she curtly told me this was the last one and they didn’t have any in the back. She seemed disinterested in further dialogue so I didn’t even mentioned that I had checked product availability online and that it listed “availability” not even “limited availability” which would mean they had more than just a few. However, I naturally took her word without a second thought and assumed that they somehow must’ve sold out of it within that hour. Then I leave to shop on the upper floor of the dept store. Literally 5 mins later, I come down the escalator and look towards the boutique and see that same SA, pulling out a new one from the cabinet below and putting it on display. I was quite flabbergasted and I actually stopped at the end of the escalator and thought for a second of going in there and saying something. Not combative or anything but just go in and ask why she would tell me they didn’t any new ones and that the display one was the last one 10 mins ago. I just left and couldnt bother cuz honestly I’m really not a confrontational person and I didn’t even want to cause a scene (not that i would’ve). Cuz I can’t even imagine what her response would be? Turn it around on me and say there was nothing wrong with the display model so why the fuss? The point for me is that she lied. Ugh
Sorry to hear your experience, maybe I had been lied many times too just didn't find out like you did.

What I really don't understand is why would the SA sabotage a sale? If you wanted a product that is brand new and they have it just sell it to the customer.

Wow these stories have a similar theme. I also had an SA locate a high demand bag out of state. The SA called that store to inquire about product availability and was told the bag was not in this store. The SA said to me wow this seems quite odd she kept questioning the out of state SA about this handbag. I called the same out of state store early on a Monday morning. I gave the same information the SA did for me the night before. Could you believe this the same out of state SA remember the call and told me she was holding the bag for a VIP client that was out of the country? At this point I realized the games that are played for preferred clients.
Glad to know you at least was able to find the answer. :smile:

It was not like that, the two bags I got were so hot and so difficult to get, to me it was like a lucky draw, and the SAs didn't have to sell them to me, these bags would be sold within minutes if they had been on display. That's why I thought it is like Hermes strategy.
Which bags were these? Palm springs and Pochette Metis???

Maybe one of their long time shoppers inquired about one of the bags and they were thinking of holding it out for them? We can only guess what goes through their minds.