Why would they told me they don't have that bag but 5 minutes later they have it?!

I put a bag on hold through my SA they will only hold for 24 hours. I’ve also inquired about bags in the past and the SA would tell me up front if it’s in the back on hold and if I’d like to see it - in case the client decides not to take it - they would call me to let me know if it’s available!

Reactions: onlyk
I put a bag on hold through my SA they will only hold for 24 hours. I’ve also inquired about bags in the past and the SA would tell me up front if it’s in the back on hold and if I’d like to see it - in case the client decides not to take it - they would call me to let me know if it’s available!
Thank you for sharing your knowledge! :smile:

Maybe it’s just one of those weird times where things happen in multiples. Like this hotel I’m staying at tonight. I was here last week and my keycard didn’t work. And today (a different stay) my key card didn’t work again. I was like :facepalm: why me?! Sometimes those annoying things seem to happen a couple times for some reason.

Maybe it’s just one of those weird times where things happen in multiples. Like this hotel I’m staying at tonight. I was here last week and my keycard didn’t work. And today (a different stay) my key card didn’t work again. I was like :facepalm: why me?! Sometimes those annoying things seem to happen a couple times for some reason.
Agree, very possible! :smile:

It did happen to me couple of times. For SLG, I asked for mini pochette accessories in mono and was told NA before even checking in their ipad. But 2 mins later once they checked they told me its available. Recently I wanted an LV Neonoe in red. They had 2 in display which had come in that morning. I asked if they have a new one as i don't want the display piece. I was told they had only 2 pieces which were just opened that morning. The other piece was already held by another customer for billing. But when i was checking for alignment I asked them i need one more piece to compare and then the SA brought a new one from inside. I felt it was bit crazy.

But in France I have heard you can't buy more than one piece of same model as many personal shoppers buy it from Europe and sell in their home countries.

It did happen to me couple of times. For SLG, I asked for mini pochette accessories in mono and was told NA before even checking in their ipad. But 2 mins later once they checked they told me its available. Recently I wanted an LV Neonoe in red. They had 2 in display which had come in that morning. I asked if they have a new one as i don't want the display piece. I was told they had only 2 pieces which were just opened that morning. The other piece was already held by another customer for billing. But when i was checking for alignment I asked them i need one more piece to compare and then the SA brought a new one from inside. I felt it was bit crazy.

But in France I have heard you can't buy more than one piece of same model as many personal shoppers buy it from Europe and sell in their home countries.
I think you are right and I'm glad you insisted and found the perfect one. :smile:

This sort of situation happened to me once, and it was very bizarre. It wasn't even on a hard to find item at the time. It was right after they changed the chaps on the Speedy from being flat to the more puffy ones. I desperately wanted a Speedy 25 with the puffy chaps. So when we were on vacation, I decided to get one as a momento of my trip. But it ended up being one of the worst experiences I ever had trying to buy something. It was like I couldn't get the SA to understand what I was talking about! She showed me two Speedy 25's...one that was on display that had the older style flat chaps and a Speedy B 25 with the newer puffy chaps. She said that was the only regular Speedy 25 they had in stock and if I wanted a Speedy 25 that was the only option I had unless I wanted the Speedy B. After a while she tried to talk me into a completely different bag...a Favorite MM. I patiently explained that I didn't WANT a Favorite, but a regular Speedy with the puffy chaps. I pointed out to her that the chaps on the Speedy B were the new puffy ones and the Regular Speedy she was showing me had the old flat chaps, but she pretended not to be able to see any difference and took an attitude like I had no clue what I was talking about. I was beginning to think I WAS nuts and was on the verge of walking out of the store empty handed when another SA, an older gentleman who I suspect was her manager, walked over and asked if there was a problem. I explained what I was looking for to him, and he said "Oh, of course..." and directed the other SA to go in the back and get one for me. When the manager was there, her attitude was totally different. She instantly went from being condescending to sweet and friendly. I know my mouth probably fell open. She scurried off to the back while the guy stood there making small talk with me. Less than a minute later she was back with a brand new Regular Speedy 25 with the puffy chaps that I'd asked for in the first place. I feel like she obviously knew they had the Speedy that I wanted in the back, because it sure didn't take her long to find it after her manager told her to go get one for me! The manager strolled away to help someone else as she was ringing me up, and once he was out of ear shot she copped an attitude with me again. I remember when I handed her my credit card she stared at it for a long time like she thought it was fake and asked to see my ID. I felt almost humiliated. I gotta tell you, it tainted the joy of the bag for me a little bit. :sad:

This sort of situation happened to me once, and it was very bizarre. It wasn't even on a hard to find item at the time. It was right after they changed the chaps on the Speedy from being flat to the more puffy ones. I desperately wanted a Speedy 25 with the puffy chaps. So when we were on vacation, I decided to get one as a momento of my trip. But it ended up being one of the worst experiences I ever had trying to buy something. It was like I couldn't get the SA to understand what I was talking about! She showed me two Speedy 25's...one that was on display that had the older style flat chaps and a Speedy B 25 with the newer puffy chaps. She said that was the only regular Speedy 25 they had in stock and if I wanted a Speedy 25 that was the only option I had unless I wanted the Speedy B. After a while she tried to talk me into a completely different bag...a Favorite MM. I patiently explained that I didn't WANT a Favorite, but a regular Speedy with the puffy chaps. I pointed out to her that the chaps on the Speedy B were the new puffy ones and the Regular Speedy she was showing me had the old flat chaps, but she pretended not to be able to see any difference and took an attitude like I had no clue what I was talking about. I was beginning to think I WAS nuts and was on the verge of walking out of the store empty handed when another SA, an older gentleman who I suspect was her manager, walked over and asked if there was a problem. I explained what I was looking for to him, and he said "Oh, of course..." and directed the other SA to go in the back and get one for me. When the manager was there, her attitude was totally different. She instantly went from being condescending to sweet and friendly. I know my mouth probably fell open. She scurried off to the back while the guy stood there making small talk with me. Less than a minute later she was back with a brand new Regular Speedy 25 with the puffy chaps that I'd asked for in the first place. I feel like she obviously knew they had the Speedy that I wanted in the back, because it sure didn't take her long to find it after her manager told her to go get one for me! The manager strolled away to help someone else as she was ringing me up, and once he was out of ear shot she copped an attitude with me again. I remember when I handed her my credit card she stared at it for a long time like she thought it was fake and asked to see my ID. I felt almost humiliated. I gotta tell you, it tainted the joy of the bag for me a little bit. :sad:
Sorry to hear about your experience but there is no way that SA would have gotten that sale from me. I would have purchased from another location. The SA was extremely rude and gets a commission? I have learned there is no product or merchandise that I need to buy and be subject to humiliation or embarrassment.

Reactions: Sonmi999
Sorry to hear about your experience but there is no way that SA would have gotten that sale from me. I would have purchased from another location. The SA was extremely rude and gets a commission? I have learned there is no product or merchandise that I need to buy and be subject to humiliation or embarrassment.
I know, I know. I really should have walked away. But in my defense...I really wanted that bag and that was the last day of our trip. I don't live anywhere near an LV store. The drive to get one is over three hours one way from my house, so the only time I get to shop in an actual store is when I'm travelling. I have walked away from rude SA's before, though, and gone to another store to make my purchase a few other times. I've encountered rudeness in the LV boutique in Nordstrom in Chicago more than once!

I know, I know. I really should have walked away. But in my defense...I really wanted that bag and that was the last day of our trip. I don't live anywhere near an LV store. The drive to get one is over three hours one way from my house, so the only time I get to shop in an actual store is when I'm travelling. I have walked away from rude SA's before, though, and gone to another store to make my purchase a few other times. I've encountered rudeness in the LV boutique in Nordstrom in Chicago more than once!
It was terrible that SA treated you that way, there are always some people just not nice, to me, the best way to treat people who are not nice is to forget about them as if they were never existed, haha, my way of dealing with things that I have no control of.

Reactions: Scarlett916
Happened to me at least twice. The first time I was really shocked about it cause for me it was like a miracle.
I asked for the bag in mono, the told me the didnt have any. I'd asked to try it on in leather and once I said that I didn't like it in leather they brought me bag in MONO! I was so glad but then SA told me to pick it uo right away because he had it only 2 or 3 left in stock. And I was wt*? You've just told me you didn't have any! And now you have three of them!

But then I've tried to repeat the situation again like the first time. I'd badly wanted to pick up Favorite MM and I knew that it's out of stock everywhere.
I've repeated the steps and it's worked! I have my Favorite in Mono and even I was able to try one PM size in DE. I have no idea why they are doing this

Happened to me at least twice. The first time I was really shocked about it cause for me it was like a miracle.
I asked for the bag in mono, the told me the didnt have any. I'd asked to try it on in leather and once I said that I didn't like it in leather they brought me bag in MONO! I was so glad but then SA told me to pick it uo right away because he had it only 2 or 3 left in stock. And I was wt*? You've just told me you didn't have any! And now you have three of them!

But then I've tried to repeat the situation again like the first time. I'd badly wanted to pick up Favorite MM and I knew that it's out of stock everywhere.
I've repeated the steps and it's worked! I have my Favorite in Mono and even I was able to try one PM size in DE. I have no idea why they are doing this
It almost feels like they are trying to pull off some kind of "bait and switch" thing, doesn't it? You go in asking for a bag, they act like they don't have it or never heard of it...show you something else that ISN'T what you want, and when you decline to buy that "suddenly" they have what you wanted all along...