My bag got recalled...now what should I get?

kcbags

Dec 6, 2018
I am new here! And luckily saw a forum about people getting their Speedy Empreinte's from 2014 recalled. Mine was in the batch, so they are letting me exchange my bag for something else.

The thing is, I don't know what to get with my $2840 credit. My SA told me they have the Boîte Chapeau Souple & Reverse Pochette Metis in stock, both of which seem hard to get your hands on. I am leaning towards either of those.

But are there any bags that you guys swear by? I really am looking for something as practical and versatile as the Speedy I had, but I definitely have outgrown that silhouette. It needs to be an everyday bag, with a good size, because I don't treat myself that often.

I am open to any and all recommendations. What's your all time favorite everyday bag?

Reactions: TheGlitterFactory
I also had a speedy empreinte from that year as well. Actually that year I had bought 3 other empreinte handbags that were listed as defective (really bad year to shop empreinte!) so they asked me to bring them back. The melting all along the edges and even bandouliere strap was awful.

I had the same amount of credit for the speedy empreinte and exchanged mine for the Boîte Chapeau Souple back in July. At the time I didn’t really have any particular bag I wanted except a longtime resident on my wishlist- the ‘Nice’ luggage piece but it’s basically like a unicorn to me - unattainable. It’s never available anywhere. Never even seen one at a boutique in any country. I’m 2 yrs short of giving up lol

I’m personally not a fan of the Pochettte Métis so I can’t give any input on it but I love my Boîte Chapeau Souple. Really lightweight! Easily one of my fav LV bags!

I also had a speedy empreinte from that year as well. Actually that year I had bought 3 other empreinte handbags that were listed as defective (really bad year to shop empreinte!) so they asked me to bring them back. The melting all along the edges and even bandouliere strap was awful.

I had the same amount of credit for the speedy empreinte and exchanged mine for the Boîte Chapeau Souple back in July. At the time I didn’t really have any particular bag I wanted except a longtime resident on my wishlist- the ‘Nice’ luggage piece but it’s basically like a unicorn to me - unattainable. It’s never available anywhere. Never even seen one at a boutique in any country. I’m 2 yrs short of giving up lol

I’m personally not a fan of the Pochettte Métis so I can’t give any input on it but I love my Boîte Chapeau Souple. Really lightweight! Easily one of my fav LV bags!

Thank you so much! That’s great advice. Did you have any credit left over? I’m not particularly in the mood for anything but think I might go for the Boite Chapeau Souple because of how unique it is. I feel like it’s the perfect blend of heritage-inspired style & trend.

Reactions: Daisy22

How are you finding the wear and tear on your Boite Chapeau Souple external pocket? Any color transfer or changes to the leather? I’ve only worn mine once:smile:
Thanks!

How are you finding the wear and tear on your Boite Chapeau Souple external pocket? Any color transfer or changes to the leather? I’ve only worn mine once:smile:
Thanks!

I actually use that leather pocket side on the outside on purpose instead of the mini luggage because I think it looks a lot cuter rather than the mini luggage tag hanging down.

Of course the added bonus would be less concern of that leather pocket to have any color transfer also. So no issues for me in that regard :smile:

Reactions: chloebagfreak
Thank you so much! That’s great advice. Did you have any credit left over? I’m not particularly in the mood for anything but think I might go for the Boite Chapeau Souple because of how unique it is. I feel like it’s the perfect blend of heritage-inspired style & trend.

Oh that’s a whole other issue. I’m not sure if your SA explained it to you or not, or I’m not if it applies where you’re located. At my local boutique, they were so strict and inflexible about the credit usage for “defective” exchanges. They were explaining that rules for normal exchanges do not apply to exchanges for defective items. Basically they say the day you use the credit, you have to use ALL of it that day with an exchange of equal or More (BEFORE tax). It could NOT be less. I repeat, could not be less.

So basically if you have $2850 credit. If you exchange it for a bag that’s $2500, you can’t save the rest for a future purchase. You have to buy something else along with the bag like a scarf, wallets, shoes, perfume etc just anything in addition and try to get close to that amount or pay the difference if you go over. You can’t even be $5 short of $2850. Have to be equal or over.

It was all a headache trying figure out when I was at the boutique at the time and for multiple defective exchanges. I had to go in and exchange the other defective bags on different days to avoid further confusion.

I would suggest you call the boutique you plan to go to and ask the SA to explain/clarify on the credit usage for your exchange. The rules may be different where you are but for me, this boutique was in New York

Does this recall apply to Artsy Noir as well as I bought mine in 2016 and it’s fading. Thanks

I’m not sure about the Artsy or on fading.
My SA only told me that the defective bags were for Empreinte bags from 2013-2014 and it was all glazing issues (melting all along the trim/edges). She has assured me there’s no issue with Empreinte bags now. That It was just ones from those years.

The Empreinte bags I had from those years that were defective were:
-Speedy bandouliere 30
-Speedy bandouliere 25
-Lumineuse
-Saint Germain

Oh that’s a whole other issue. I’m not sure if your SA explained it to you or not, or I’m not if it applies where you’re located. At my local boutique, they were so strict and inflexible about the credit usage for “defective” exchanges. They were explaining that rules for normal exchanges do not apply to exchanges for defective items. Basically they say the day you use the credit, you have to use ALL of it that day with an exchange of equal or More (BEFORE tax). It could NOT be less. I repeat, could not be less.

So basically if you have $2850 credit. If you exchange it for a bag that’s $2500, you can’t save the rest for a future purchase. You have to buy something else along with the bag like a scarf, wallets, shoes, perfume etc just anything in addition and try to get close to that amount or pay the difference if you go over. You can’t even be $5 short of $2850. Have to be equal or over.

It was all a headache trying figure out when I was at the boutique at the time and for multiple defective exchanges. I had to go in and exchange the other defective bags on different days to avoid further confusion.

Sounds like they misled you in order to ensure an immediate sale. I was told by LV customer service that I would receive a credit that does not expire. My store gave me the credit on gift cards.

Reactions: rainy1 and KS3
Sounds like they misled you in order to ensure an immediate sale. I was told by LV customer service that I would receive a credit that does not expire. My store gave me the credit on gift cards.

I didn’t deal with customer service on the phone, this was all in-person at the boutique with the SA and the store manager. My credit did not expire either. It was in regards to how it had to be used when I decided to use it (equal or greater value, etc).

I did not have the option for gift cards which I found mind boggling. I actually asked if I could have the credit amount placed onto gift cards but that was a straight “NO.” Again, because this wasn’t a “normal” exchange process. I have never even exchanged anything before either so I honestly had no idea what really applied or not. It really was all a headache.

I actually use that leather pocket side on the outside on purpose instead of the mini luggage because I think it looks a lot cuter rather than the mini luggage tag hanging down.

Of course the added bonus would be less concern of that leather pocket to have any color transfer also. So no issues for me in that regard :smile:
That’s a great idea! I was definitely going to do that when wearing jeans.

I am new here! And luckily saw a forum about people getting their Speedy Empreinte's from 2014 recalled. Mine was in the batch, so they are letting me exchange my bag for something else.

The thing is, I don't know what to get with my $2840 credit. My SA told me they have the Boîte Chapeau Souple & Reverse Pochette Metis in stock, both of which seem hard to get your hands on. I am leaning towards either of those.

But are there any bags that you guys swear by? I really am looking for something as practical and versatile as the Speedy I had, but I definitely have outgrown that silhouette. It needs to be an everyday bag, with a good size, because I don't treat myself that often.

I am open to any and all recommendations. What's your all time favorite everyday bag?
Can you share what area of US you live? I bought mine new in 2015 but the tag/code shows it was made in 2014 and I haven't received any call to replace it. I bought mine in San Francisco, Ca.