My bag got recalled...now what should I get?

Can you share what area of US you live? I bought mine new in 2015 but the tag/code shows it was made in 2014 and I haven't received any call to replace it. I bought mine in San Francisco, Ca.

I got in May/June 2014.

I contacted them about the credit and the item had to be equal or greater value, on the same day. No exceptions.

It’ll be tricky deciding on a smaller item since I am not in the mood for anything in particular.

I got in May/June 2014.

I contacted them about the credit and the item had to be equal or greater value, on the same day. No exceptions.

It’ll be tricky deciding on a smaller item since I am not in the mood for anything in particular.
Geez I just checked the code on mine and it was made in 2013. There are two dents in the leather on one inside handle but otherwise bag looks great. It my husband’s favorite bag because it has “feet” on bottom and he loves the Empreinte. I think I’ll just continue using it.(He was shocked one day when I carried my Epi Speedy that it didn’t have Feet!☺️

Geez I just checked the code on mine and it was made in 2013. There are two dents in the leather on one inside handle but otherwise bag looks great. It my husband’s favorite bag because it has “feet” on bottom and he loves the Empreinte. I think I’ll just continue using it.(He was shocked one day when I carried my Epi Speedy that it didn’t have Feet!☺️

At the very least they will fix any issues you have for free if it was was from that era.

I ended up getting the Boîte Chapeau Souple and a black shawl, but I do miss the speedy I had and the feet on the bottom. It gave it a nice luxe feel.

Reactions: Grande Latte
At the very least they will fix any issues you have for free if it was was from that era.

I ended up getting the Boîte Chapeau Souple and a black shawl, but I do miss the speedy I had and the feet on the bottom. It gave it a nice luxe feel.
Thanks for your response. I think I would choose repair rather than letting go of bag, but if I did, I’d buy a LV suitcase.

Should I bother taking my emp Speedy in? I bought early 2014 and have a '13 date code. I also don't have an S.A. so I'm hesitant to bring in any concerns. My LV is snippy and probably won't want to rectify any glazing issues. There are a few marks on the handles and my bag is very misshapen from use. I don't know what to do? Bring it in?

Should I bother taking my emp Speedy in? I bought early 2014 and have a '13 date code. I also don't have an S.A. so I'm hesitant to bring in any concerns. My LV is snippy and probably won't want to rectify any glazing issues. There are a few marks on the handles and my bag is very misshapen from use. I don't know what to do? Bring it in?

It can't hurt to call beforehand or just bring it in and ask. I was surprised they were willing to help. Just present the bag saying you noticed issues on the handles/straps that seem out of place for $3k bag or with other bags from them made by the same material. It was a seamless experience for me and I rarely shop there. Good luck!

It can't hurt to call beforehand or just bring it in and ask. I was surprised they were willing to help. Just present the bag saying you noticed issues on the handles/straps that seem out of place for $3k bag or with other bags from them made by the same material. It was a seamless experience for me and I rarely shop there. Good luck!
I tried calling and it went to the 800 line twice. Both reps I spoke with said the same thing but they haven't shopped at my store. They've been pretty terrible. If they get commision on my spent store credit maybe they would be more willing to credit my bag. I honestly don't know if its worth the time checking it in. It should be for a $3k bag!

Unless the little dents on my handles get worse, I’m not going to take it in- the shape is still nice, bought in 2015 but date code is 2013 - it’s an individual decision, can’t tell you what to do.

Unless the little dents on my handles get worse, I’m not going to take it in- the shape is still nice, bought in 2015 but date code is 2013 - it’s an individual decision, can’t tell you what to do.
I'm taking it in today. It's a ride for us to get there but I decided to make it a day out with my daughter. I'm still thinking they're going to treat me bad. Maybe I should have more confidence in complaining about a bag I spent so much money on. We will see what they say.

I'm taking it in today. It's a ride for us to get there but I decided to make it a day out with my daughter. I'm still thinking they're going to treat me bad. Maybe I should have more confidence in complaining about a bag I spent so much money on. .

Don't go in mad and hot: Go in cool and calm, as if you know they have a list of recalled bags and now a policy to make it right with the purchaser. Because this is the truth, and it's happening and being honored.

I brought my SC PM in this weekend (purchased in 2015) for melting glazing and they agreed it was a defect. My SA was super cool about it and gave me the current price of the bag (which was $50 more than I paid) on gift cards. I was quite impressed. Still sad about my SC though and I’m not sure what to buy.

I'm glad they were so accommodating. Its a shame to lose your bag for a defect but I'd rather hit the restart button and find something new than have a potentially damaged bag. Good luck finding something with your credit!
I brought my SC PM in this weekend (purchased in 2015) for melting glazing and they agreed it was a defect. My SA was super cool about it and gave me the current price of the bag (which was $50 more than I paid) on gift cards. I was quite impressed. Still sad about my SC though and I’m not sure what to buy.