Space for Guys & their Hermès

This is cheating a little bit since it's not Hermes, but since it is designed by Pierre-Yves Labey, and shares a lot of similar elements to the CityBack (especially identical straps), I thought I share my latest purchase here. The Berluti Alessandro Backpack:

View attachment 4222858View attachment 4222853 View attachment 4222854 View attachment 4222855
you got it! congrats! I also like it but it's as wide as the Cityback 30, which doesn't look good on me. But looks good on you. :smile:

Reactions: qubed
you got it! congrats! I also like it but it's as wide as the Cityback 30, which doesn't look good on me. But looks good on you. :smile:

Thanks! I would have preferred it to be a tad bit smaller, mostly to reduce the weight (it's quite heavier than the cityback), but I didn't mind. It has the same comfy straps as the Cityback. Though I like both, it's more my style, and it didn't hurt that it's half the price.

Reactions: allanrvj
Reactions: missha and qubed
This is cheating a little bit since it's not Hermes, but since it is designed by Pierre-Yves Labey, and shares a lot of similar elements to the CityBack (especially identical straps), I thought I share my latest purchase here. The Berluti Alessandro Backpack:
I'm glad you decided to post it here even if it's not hermes, the leather is gorgeous. I'm strongly considering something from the Berluti off the road quilted collection that he also did recently. I heard some years ago that the leathers Berluti use for the shoes are too fragile though and can't even take a splash of water. I hope it's not the case with the bags! What do you think based on the backpack?

I'm glad you decided to post it here even if it's not hermes, the leather is gorgeous. I'm strongly considering something from the Berluti off the road quilted collection that he also did recently. I heard some years ago that the leathers Berluti use for the shoes are too fragile though and can't even take a splash of water. I hope it's not the case with the bags! What do you think based on the backpack?

Good to know, though I actually haven't taken it out yet. Berluti will re-color or re-patina bags or shoes, so even if they get water spots, I think they can eventually be covered up. Though whenever there's a hint of rain or snow, I always just use a cheap nylon bag.

Reactions: Liberté