COACH Hall of Shame - Post Coach fakes here!

I don't usually do newer styles, so can you tell me what the problem with that stamp is so I can explain it in my report? Do you mean the Pebble leather stamp on the bottom? Or is the problem with the creed or with the bogus prefix "ED"? I'm confuzzled. :whut:

An Ebay search using the 57230 style number on the creed brings up a similar bag with 57230 on the white tag inside the pocket but the creed has one of those totally bogus serial numbers that's hard to read but looks like RG-23375 or 23315, it's hard to tell. Is this one genuine and is this what the creed in the one being reported should say?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-ROGU...807370?hash=item1cba5e020a:g:rW4AAOSwNEdbp5B9

AUTHENTICATORS OR ROGUE EXPERTS - is there any fairly easy way for a dumb-arse like me to figure these out?
This is why I don't do newer bags. Whoever came up with those idiotic phony serial numbers should be boiled in oil.

PROBABLE FAKE FROM vandaln4077 -
57230_POSS FAKE_ED-57230-b.jpg
57230_POSS FAKE_ED-57230-a.jpg

57230_POSS FAKE_ED-57230-e.jpg

Possibly genuine 57230 with RG-23375(?) serial from la*mya*boutique* -
57230_POSS OK_RG-23375-d.jpg
57230_POSS OK_RG-23375-b.jpg
57230_POSS OK_RG-23375-a.jpg
and a thumbnail of the last, slightly enlarged:
57230_POSS OK_RG-23375-cr-f.jpg

How about if I just leave the newer styles to the experts and stick to my classic and vintage stuff? :confused1:

Last edited:
I don't usually do newer styles, so can you tell me what the problem with that stamp is so I can explain it in my report? Do you mean the Pebble leather stamp on the bottom? Or is the problem with the creed or with the bogus prefix "ED"? I'm confuzzled. :whut:

An Ebay search using the 57230 style number on the creed brings up a similar bag with 57230 on the white tag inside the pocket but the creed has one of those totally bogus serial numbers that's hard to read but looks like RG-23375 or 23315, it's hard to tell. Is this one genuine and is this what the creed in the one being reported should say?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-ROGU...807370?hash=item1cba5e020a:g:rW4AAOSwNEdbp5B9

AUTHENTICATORS OR ROGUE EXPERTS - is there any fairly easy way for a dumb-arse like me to figure these out?
This is why I don't do newer bags. Whoever came up with those idiotic phony serial numbers should be boiled in oil.

PROBABLE FAKE FROM vandaln4077 -
View attachment 4214600
View attachment 4214602

View attachment 4214604

Possibly genuine 57230 with RG-23375(?) serial from la*mya*boutique* -
View attachment 4214606
View attachment 4214607
View attachment 4214609
and a thumbnail of the last, slightly enlarged:
View attachment 4214613

How about if I just leave the newer styles to the experts and stick to my classic and vintage stuff? :confused1:
The one I posted the creed is off. It should say genuine glovetanned leather, this just says genuine pebble. The bottom should be pebble not smooth leather, the zipper should be gold.

The one you posted looks off too. The bottom stamp should say genuine pebble leather and be pebble, not smooth leather. The stripes down the front should be black/tan/black these look brown/tan/brown (unless it came in that colorway too) The trim just below the kisslock should extend and have a leather half circle embossed 1941.

I've included a link to one from Nordstrom's. @Galaxygrrl has one, maybe she can verify what creed should say?

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-1941-rogue-western-embroidery-leather-satchel/4454712

The one I posted the creed is off. It should say genuine glovetanned leather, this just says genuine pebble. The bottom should be pebble not smooth leather, the zipper should be gold.

The one you posted looks off too. The bottom stamp should say genuine pebble leather and be pebble, not smooth leather. The stripes down the front should be black/tan/black these look brown/tan/brown (unless it came in that colorway too) The trim just below the kisslock should extend and have a leather half circle embossed 1941.

I've included a link to one from Nordstrom's. @Galaxygrrl has one, maybe she can verify what creed should say?

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/coach-1941-rogue-western-embroidery-leather-satchel/4454712

Thanks! If the second one turns out to be fake too, I hope someone posts here so I can change the name in my photo files.

But in the meantime it looks like letting the experts in that style do the reporting is still the safest bet, at least for me.

Reactions: holiday123
Thanks! If the second one turns out to be fake too, I hope someone posts here so I can change the name in my photo files.

But in the meantime it looks like letting the experts in that style do the reporting is still the safest bet, at least for me.
I have my suspicions about the second one. I found one bag that I think is genuine but the seller doesn't show the Creed. I'm waiting on additional photos from the seller.

Here is the photo of the Creed patch of the Authentic (IMO) one. Additional photos in the listing.

https://bnc.lt/focc/N5tsEQw9NQinCollage_20181006_211402343.jpeg

Reactions: houseof999
Thanks!
That shocks me. Just based ONLY on the quality of the creed and serial stamping, the second possibly fake one in my photos in post 5508 looks more professional than this one does. :eek:

I give up. :whiteflag:

Yeah I wasn't happy to see the space in between 203 and 15. Note the fake bags have greenish thread embroidery instead of gold. The usual tell signs for me in most fake Rogues are extra pointy leather above the turnlock of the key fob, incorrect fabric lining, kisslock hardware in the opposite direction (usually it's left on bottom and right on top, I will add a comp pic later) along with other errors mentioned above.

@Hyacinth also note the lack of contrast stitching of the zipper. Counterfeiters are getting very good at making excellent replicas.

The kisslock hardware comparison pics. The fake is another listing on PM by seller Sandra D aka qtsandra12

https://bnc.lt/focc/lMqy9nMcOQ

The authentic one is from a different style bag but I'm showing how the direction of the arms are positioned in the authentic Coach Rogue bags. inCollage_20181006_220537820.jpeginCollage_20181006_220412471.jpeg

Reactions: holiday123
@Hyacinth also note the lack of contrast stitching of the zipper. Counterfeiters are getting very good at making excellent replicas.

The kisslock hardware comparison pics. The fake is another listing on PM by seller Sandra D aka qtsandra12

https://bnc.lt/focc/lMqy9nMcOQ

The authentic one is from a different style bag but I'm showing how the direction of the arms are positioned in the authentic Coach Rogue bags. View attachment 4215068View attachment 4215069

Thanks very much, I've saved the photos. But I'm still going to let you experts in Rogues and other highly faked recent styles do the authenticating and reporting, it's much safer that way.