Facelift+Lower&Upper Eyelids Surgery

[Second Thread] The day of Operation and Post-op
I was at the clinic a hour early for the preparation. 8 hours of starving and not drinking water, I wanted to have the surgery as fast as I can. I was excited for the result and super nervous about the operation. Here are the things I did on the operation day. I might have missed few but I wrote all the major steps.

1. Making payment.
2. Getting dressed to operation gown (not wearing anything underneath except a disposable underwear that my coordinator gave it to me)
3. Signing all the consents forms.
3. Taking before pictures
4. Meeting surgeon for the design and final check-up (drawing lines on my face, eyelids where the incision would me. Checking with me about the desired look, medical stuff)
5. Operation
6. Waking up & moving to recovery room.(3- hours)
7. Leaving clinic I was able to walk and go to toilet by myself.

Of course, the post-op period was not that exciting. The incision area caused pain and there was some discomfort in my life like not being allowed to sleep on sides. Also, I couldn't wash my face with the bandage covered right after the surgery. After the stitching out, bandage uncovered, swelling gone, I got rewarded with younger looking me! Anyone who is happy with his surgery would agree with this. Anyway it took almost 3 months to completely recover from the swelling. Right now, as you can see in my all comments, very satisfied.

Reactions: mal
[Second Thread] The day of Operation and Post-op
I was at the clinic a hour early for the preparation. 8 hours of starving and not drinking water, I wanted to have the surgery as fast as I can. I was excited for the result and super nervous about the operation. Here are the things I did on the operation day. I might have missed few but I wrote all the major steps.

1. Making payment.
2. Getting dressed to operation gown (not wearing anything underneath except a disposable underwear that my coordinator gave it to me)
3. Signing all the consents forms.
3. Taking before pictures
4. Meeting surgeon for the design and final check-up (drawing lines on my face, eyelids where the incision would me. Checking with me about the desired look, medical stuff)
5. Operation
6. Waking up & moving to recovery room.(3- hours)
7. Leaving clinic I was able to walk and go to toilet by myself.

Of course, the post-op period was not that exciting. The incision area caused pain and there was some discomfort in my life like not being allowed to sleep on sides. Also, I couldn't wash my face with the bandage covered right after the surgery. After the stitching out, bandage uncovered, swelling gone, I got rewarded with younger looking me! Anyone who is happy with his surgery would agree with this. Anyway it took almost 3 months to completely recover from the swelling. Right now, as you can see in my all comments, very satisfied.

Thank your for sharing. You helped me to figure out what to expect on the big day.

YOur results look fantastic. Are there scars visible now? Have all your nerve/senses come back?
Also, other than stitch-removal, how was the after-care for de-swelling, scar-management ?

YOur results look fantastic. Are there scars visible now? Have all your nerve/senses come back?
Also, other than stitch-removal, how was the after-care for de-swelling, scar-management ?
If you look close, you will find the scar but it is not drawing attention scar. (my skin is also white. Scar don't show much) I had tingling sensation near ears but they are gone for good and I didn't experience any numbness near the operation area, thanks god. Just tingling sensation, uneven swelling but no nerve damage/sense.

There was not much of care of de-swelling. They asked me to visit 2-3(?) times for the check-up and dressing the wounds but besides that I didn't have to go for extra treatments. Oh they gave me compression band over head to wear for 5-6 days and told me to not lie on bed for whole day but move a little to fasten up the recovery and reduce the swelling.

Last edited:
I haven't logged in this thread for long time and sorry for missing your question, @jacque1969. It is not a surprise that you got fond of dr.Kwon, he is truly nice person and good doc. Hope the recovery has gone great with you and about the scar cream, I used Dermatix Silicone Gel Scar Reduction and used for 1 year! I'm so curious about your results too so please update with me.

I contacted them for mini face lift and they gave me this image to understand the procedure better. @naaaata, was your surgery this one with the same incision site? The consultant said when it's all fully recovered, the scar will be not so visible but I'd like to hear from the real patient. How is your scar in front of your ears? Thank you...and I love your after photo!
I like the image. It really shows well the incision site. My incision site was exactly same and you can actually see it. I uploaded it in page1 :smile: Do good research/study and let me know if you have more questions. It is indeed major surgery and gives you a dramatic change/younger LOOK !

Thank you for the review. You look great and definitely much younger :smile:
So your surgeon is dr.Kwon at Opera, South Korea? Did you get a test before the surgery? I'm allergic to some antibiotics always afraid of the medicine reactions... I really want the face lift but wanted to have a really safe operation. Will you tell u how the surgery started and ended also about the after care? Thank you!

How long does this surgery last? Does the lift stay put and you simply age as you would (normally) moving forward in time, or does the lift wear off over time AND you age AND the lift reverses over time?
I hope my question is clear.
Thanks so much. Ps. Your results are great!

Last edited:
There are many factors including both patient and surgeon factors that contribute to the longevity of a facelift procedure. Usually most advanced facelift techniques should lead to results that last 10-15 years. Make sure you see a plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.