Would you own a knit/tweed Chanel classic flap?

287AF27C-50E1-429E-B37C-F82FF78E9E54.jpeg 46990B74-D998-461C-9888-F721E90BE606.jpeg This is my first and only one so far, from 2018 Metiers d’Art, and posing with 18b pink mini. I haven’t worn her much so I can’t comment on wear, but I like the fact that it is a bit darker colored, leather lined so relatively sturdy, and the quilt stitching will hold fibers in place. If you care about something like resale, it doesn’t seem like the tweeds will hold their value, but I could not resist this particular bag.

View attachment 4183934 View attachment 4183935 This is my first and only one so far, from 2018 Metiers d’Art, and posing with 18b pink mini. I haven’t worn her much so I can’t comment on wear, but I like the fact that it is a bit darker colored, leather lined so relatively sturdy, and the quilt stitching will hold fibers in place. If you care about something like resale, it doesn’t seem like the tweeds will hold their value, but I could not resist this particular bag.

Omg this is such a gorgeous red.. I died

Tweed is so very "Chanel". I would absolutely buy one, but would keep it as a special occasion bag. I would imagine that tweed bags would show wear and tear much more easily than leather.

Post Update*

I hadn’t factored in the price in my original post as my fiancée surprised me with this bag and I didn’t realize what it had cost [emoji24]. It was nearly 11K after 7% sales taxes (purchased in Miami) and after conversion was 14.8K for a tweed mini flap!! I’m not sure if I can say the cost is justifiable given the size of the bag, and had I been present at the time, I would have advised him not to purchase it! Are all tweed flaps this extortionate? Why is this one so expensive? I understand it has been hand embroidered, but the markup just doesn’t seem reasonable to me given the multitude of things that could have been purchased in its place...

The only pros of the bag are the sentimental value attached and how the bag shimmers and twinkles when it catches the light. It reminds me of a sparkling snowflake and fresh fallen snow. However, I feel like a non-embellished version would have been a much more practical choice. I would be interested in purchasing one in the future if the tweed was sturdy and tightly woven.

IMG_1536298401.555065.jpg

Post Update*

I hadn’t factored in the price in my original post as my fiancée surprised me with this bag and I didn’t realize what it had cost [emoji24]. It was nearly 11K after 7% sales taxes (purchased in Miami) and after conversion was 14.8K for a tweed mini flap!! I’m not sure if I can say the cost is justifiable given the size of the bag, and had I been present at the time, I would have advised him not to purchase it! Are all tweed flaps this extortionate? Why is this one so expensive? I understand it has been hand embroidered, but the markup just doesn’t seem reasonable to me given the multitude of things that could have been purchased in its place...

The only pros of the bag are the sentimental value attached and how the bag shimmers and twinkles when it catches the light. It reminds me of a sparkling snowflake and fresh fallen snow. However, I feel like a non-embellished version would have been a much more practical choice. I would be interested in purchasing one in the future if the tweed was sturdy and tightly woven.

View attachment 4185134

That is really high for a tweed bag. I have a mini one on hold and it costs the same as a mini leather one at 3300 and it is embellished. I have seen very intricate ones similar to yours go above 5k.

I’m deciding on whether or not to purchase this mini from fall act II. What do you all think? It’s beautiful but a little more purple than I like. I’m waiting on the second color that will also be released this season and hoping that’s its less purple.

Attachments

• F93BDC51-C68C-4E2E-A712-DEACC01E9A47.jpeg
    F93BDC51-C68C-4E2E-A712-DEACC01E9A47.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 518
I came very close to purchasing a limited edition tweed bag from 2004. Excellent price. At the end, I realized I would be purchasing it for the price - not the [emoji173]️.
I think tweed looks fantastic on other people. Just not me.

Post Update*

View attachment 4185134

Mine was approx $3700 USD and is med sized. So I think it depends on what materials are used to make the "tweed" and if there are any embellishments. Yours is beautiful!

That is really high for a tweed bag. I have a mini one on hold and it costs the same as a mini leather one at 3300 and it is embellished. I have seen very intricate ones similar to yours go above 5k.

I’m deciding on whether or not to purchase this mini from fall act II. What do you all think? It’s beautiful but a little more purple than I like. I’m waiting on the second color that will also be released this season and hoping that’s its less purple.

I absolutely love this one! It’s beautifully detailed and looks sturdy, but most importantly it is so reasonably priced for the craftsmanship. I love how the tweed is tightly woven with the blended colours. Purple is not my favourite colour either, but this one is very pretty.

I wish mine wasn’t so expensive because I’m almost afraid to use it due to how delicate it is. Hoping to find a well priced one in the future as beautiful as this one [emoji76]

Reactions: SDC2003
Mine was approx $3700 USD and is med sized. So I think it depends on what materials are used to make the "tweed" and if there are any embellishments. Yours is beautiful!

Please post a photo! Would love to see yours! I’m starting to fall in love with the tweed flaps after having this one (although I mostly just stare at it). Would love a more practical one that I felt I could use more often. I just adore the colourful tweed versions!

Please post a photo! Would love to see yours! I’m starting to fall in love with the tweed flaps after having this one (although I mostly just stare at it). Would love a more practical one that I felt I could use more often. I just adore the colourful tweed versions!

Post #14 in this thread is my bag.
I absolutely love it. I tend to use it more with jeans.

Hi guys, I noticed some "glue" or dried glue my tweed bag that attracted some dust and became black or something. I'm not sure if this is normal. I asked the Chanel SA and they said it was normal but I'm not so sure. Do any of your tweed bags have a little bit of glue like that? It may not be glue... Do let me know what you think it is or if it's normal! Bag was bought 2 months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_103227~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_103227~2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20200112_102313~2.jpg
    IMG_20200112_102313~2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 238
Hi guys, I noticed some "glue" or dried glue my tweed bag that attracted some dust and became black or something. I'm not sure if this is normal. I asked the Chanel SA and they said it was normal but I'm not so sure. Do any of your tweed bags have a little bit of glue like that? It may not be glue... Do let me know what you think it is or if it's normal! Bag was bought 2 months ago.

Can anyone help? The sales assistant said it was adhesive for bags with sequins. Wondering if anyone can corroborate with that?

Attachments

• IMG_20200112_103004.jpg
    IMG_20200112_103004.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 160