Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Shadows are natural and aren't necessarily a bad thing...no shadows makes it very American Gothic. They look like their eyes follow you no matter where you move. lol

Shadows look horrible in portraits. They distract the eye from what it should be focusing on.

That’s why studio lights are almost always higher than the subject, to reflect shadows below, and often a back light is used to lessen or eliminate shadows on the walls.

Shadows look horrible in portraits. They distract the eye from what it should be focusing on.

That’s why studio lights are almost always higher than the subject, to reflect shadows below, and often a back light is used to lessen or eliminate shadows on the walls.
Yes, yes....my brother has provided me enough photography lectures. Personally, I have no issue with shadows and, for me, they don't always look horrible in a photo especially if they make it look less creepy horror show.. :lol: My eye is only focusing on how creepy the photo is, so if that was their intention they nailed it.

Yes, yes....my brother has provided me enough photography lectures. Personally, I have no issue with shadows and, for me, they don't always look horrible in a photo especially if they make it look less creepy horror show.. :lol: My eye is only focusing on how creepy the photo is, so if that was their intention they nailed it.
Art is in the eye of the beholder, so what may be good for one, isn't always good for someone else.

Multi-person or family portraits can be a nightmare, especially when children are involved. They have such short attention spans, and can be distracted by just about anything out of view.

Reactions: Chinese Warrior
Love Kate and Meghan at Wimbledon! So grrat to see them together without their husbands.
look like they had fun that day. They both loooked beautiful. Not a fan of Kate's Dress that day, especially the colour washed her out imo but she looked beautiful as always. Loooooved her bag though!
Meghans Outfit was on Point. so classy and great for Wimbledon and Tennis. perfect look. With the hat on she Looked like a style Icon. great Choice Meghan !!

Again to her father .. I fell so sorry for her .. what the hell .. can't he just shut up .. I think he can't stand it that she is happy without him .. like her half sister said her father is a complicated Person and he gets unfair and mean if someone doesn't Need him anymore .. Looks like she was right ..

Reactions: APhiJill
I like this whole outfit (messy bun included) and the length of the pants and its not like she's going to clean them herself so why bother? My only complaint is that she wore black pumps, I think white ones would have been a much better choice and second is that she didn't wear a Maison Michel hat that she brought with herself.
I like the black pumps with that outift because of the black handbag, black sunglasses and the black ribbon at her hat. this Looks was the best I've seen at Wimbledon this year! really stylish and fresh. especially with the hat on. she wore it, even more stunning, I saw Videos.

Love Kate and Meghan at Wimbledon! So grrat to see them together without their husbands.
look like they had fun that day. They both loooked beautiful. Not a fan of Kate's Dress that day, especially the colour washed her out imo but she looked beautiful as always. Loooooved her bag though!
Meghans Outfit was on Point. so classy and great for Wimbledon and Tennis. perfect look. With the hat on she Looked like a style Icon. great Choice Meghan !!

Again to her father .. I fell so sorry for her .. what the hell .. can't he just shut up .. I think he can't stand it that she is happy without him .. like her half sister said her father is a complicated Person and he gets unfair and mean if someone doesn't Need him anymore .. Looks like she was right ..

Didn’t know the sister said that. Wow, what a family they are. I bet she has learnt how to extract herself from such situations, which has probably carried over into her other relationships. Her father is a real shame and he is out to sabotage her marriage. At first I thought maybe he was really that reclusive and found it hard coping with he spotlight but he seems to crave it and thinks this is about him. Also doing these for money? Just tells you what the world has become.

The thing about this is it seems like it will be a never ending cycle: He will keep talking to the press, hoping to say something in order to get her to reach out to him personally. She won't, out of fear of what he might go back and tell the press about their conversation. It's a shame.

Art is in the eye of the beholder, so what may be good for one, isn't always good for someone else.

Multi-person or family portraits can be a nightmare, especially when children are involved. They have such short attention spans, and can be distracted by just about anything out of view.
Thanks...I've never taken a pic with kids or family or a large group before....this is good information to know. :lol:

Reactions: alicetiara
The thing about this is it seems like it will be a never ending cycle: He will keep talking to the press, hoping to say something in order to get her to reach out to him personally. She won't, out of fear of what he might go back and tell the press about their conversation. It's a shame.
i'm blaming these new outlets! Stop contacting this family, because they will talk. I notice none of the big US outlets (CBS, ABC,NBC, etc..) aren't giving them the time of day!

I like the black pumps with that outift because of the black handbag, black sunglasses and the black ribbon at her hat. this Looks was the best I've seen at Wimbledon this year! really stylish and fresh. especially with the hat on. she wore it, even more stunning, I saw Videos.

I believe she was carrying a navy blue bag. The same one she wore with that navy blue coat from Jcrew, along with that All Saints sweater and black pant.

I’m not sure if I’m a huge fan of mixing black and navy, but I’m just old school that way. I would have probably paired those pants with a nude colored wedge. Even though I understand the queen frowns upon wedges.

Reactions: Addicted to bags
well, I guess yes, counting all those black details but still I think white ones would have visually extended her legs even more and still she wound have had her bag, and glasses, and ribbon and loooong legs ))
I was watching that match and was waiting for the hat moment (I love fedora hats)... aahg I guess I missed it :facepalm: