Why do they use fakes in TV shows & movies? Is it a budget issue?

Apr 25, 2006
But the one that I can't understand is that awful, awful LV Rachel had in the "Friends" finale. If they could pay the actors $1 million per episode, why couldn't they shell out $1500 for a real LV?

Is there another reason? Maybe unsolicited product placement?

I think it's because the props would often get stolen. I think I remember reading how when they were making "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" ALOT of the make up, dresses, etc. were walking off the set. So, I guess that's why they don't use real bags anymore. :shrugs:

yeah i would assume.

if i were an actress and they wanted to use LV and were gonna do fake id wanna use my own.

in the movie material girls i think hilary uses her own personal bag. cause we all know she loves her speedy 25 and the bag in the movie has some nice patina.

hdspeedy2ar1.jpg

hdspeedy3lh5.jpg

its kinda hard to tell from the pics but if you had seen the movie...you could tell it was a well used bag.

sometimes the 25 looks really small on her, and i know shes a tiny girl....it makes me wonder if i should ever get a 25. I wanted to get it in the damier azur.

^^I liked the 25 for so long and wanted one in Damier. Then my mom convinced me to get a 30 instead and I'm so much happier with it.

well i have a mono 30 and LOVE it! but something about the damier azur in 25 calls to me. but i love haileys 30 in the pic i just posted. ahh i suppose i will have to eventually get both. :Push:

Haha I know. :lol:
And oh well, just get both, there's nothing wrong with that.
Also, I put my keys on the lock and close it too..the keys are just on a jump ring so you can get them off to unlock it if you want to.

i dont put my lock on at all...im scared about it getting the around the hole part all dirty.

lol.

okay that was my last off topic post. lol. sorry voodoodoll2005

I can understand why they'd use fake LE's but for permanant bags they should really use the real deal it's not like it going to fall apart they can use them for years & years & years they pay for them selves