Buying off Instagram | Instagram Sellers

So I just used an intstagram personal shopper for an SLG. Paid way over retail but the color is sold out etc and the PS has many great reviews. Told me the item was "brand new". The pictures I received were in ow lighting. I paid the third party directly with PayPal. When I received the SLG today it's less than perfect. there are dents in the caviar. The PS says her client swears it's brand new etc and that she can't offer me a discount because I paid the seller directly. She ignored my last message and is still posting stuff for sale. Not sure what I should do? Thanks

If you paid with PayPal goods and services you could open a case. That’s a tricky situation though. I would imagine if the IG PS was reselling another clients consignment piece -you would pay through the PS since she’s you’re point of contact and I’m thinking she’s getting a piece of the total sale. You could try emailing the person you paid directly on PayPal (there’s usually an email associated with who you’re sending money too), maybe she will respond [emoji848]. Definitely worth a shot since these are high priced items- good luck and I’m sorry this happened to you !

Could you please share the IG PS?( Or pm me if you don’t want to name them here ) I’ve been following some new resellers and would want to be careful if this is one I should watch out for. Thank you [emoji1374]

If you paid with PayPal goods and services you could open a case. That’s a tricky situation though. I would imagine if the IG PS was reselling another clients consignment piece -you would pay through the PS since she’s you’re point of contact and I’m thinking she’s getting a piece of the total sale. You could try emailing the person you paid directly on PayPal (there’s usually an email associated with who you’re sending money too), maybe she will respond [emoji848]. Definitely worth a shot since these are high priced items- good luck and I’m sorry this happened to you !

Could you please share the IG PS?( Or pm me if you don’t want to name them here ) I’ve been following some new resellers and would want to be careful if this is one I should watch out for. Thank you [emoji1374]

Hi thanks for your advice. I’d rather not say the name right now because I’m still hoping for a fair resolution. I will say it’s not a new seller and make sure the pictures you receive are taken in bright light.

Reactions: Natty14
So I just used an intstagram personal shopper for an SLG. Paid way over retail but the color is sold out etc and the PS has many great reviews. Told me the item was "brand new". The pictures I received were in ow lighting. I paid the third party directly with PayPal. When I received the SLG today it's less than perfect. there are dents in the caviar. The PS says her client swears it's brand new etc and that she can't offer me a discount because I paid the seller directly. She ignored my last message and is still posting stuff for sale. Not sure what I should do? Thanks
Which personal shopper? You should post it so people are aware of sketchy sellers.

I've noticed a few personal shoppers / consignment shoppers use the same picture over and over again for different items. For example some PS were selling that metallic green mini from 18S and they used the same picture over and over again even though it was different clients of hers selling the bag. It just sets off some warning bells when they can't post the a photo of the actual item.

Which personal shopper? You should post it so people are aware of sketchy sellers.

I've noticed a few personal shoppers / consignment shoppers use the same picture over and over again for different items. For example some PS were selling that metallic green mini from 18S and they used the same picture over and over again even though it was different clients of hers selling the bag. It just sets off some warning bells when they can't post the a photo of the actual item.

Yes, there are always red flags. No original pictures is one. Pictures in lower light is another. Now I see the newer pictures on this PS’ page are in very bright light and creases are mentioned. I think it’s better when the item is in the possession of the PS. In this case it wasn’t. Now the PS tells me there’s nothing she can do since I paid the owner directly. I would ask a lot of questions before you actually buy. Also, if an item is coming from a store it’s much less likely there would be an issue. It’s mireyna_fashionlover. Disappointing.

Yes, there are always red flags. No original pictures is one. Pictures in lower light is another. Now I see the newer pictures on this PS’ page are in very bright light and creases are mentioned. I think it’s better when the item is in the possession of the PS. In this case it wasn’t. Now the PS tells me there’s nothing she can do since I paid the owner directly. I would ask a lot of questions before you actually buy. Also, if an item is coming from a store it’s much less likely there would be an issue. It’s mireyna_fashionlover. Disappointing.
LOL! I was just talking about her a few pages back and how I found her ways kinda shady. She ended up blocking me on Instagram XD For some reason I had an inkling that she was who you were talking about.

I was actually referring to her in the post that you replied to, she uses the same pic for many different items.

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I guess that can be a problem when selling for a client, not new items they sourced from the store. The PS doesn't have it in hand, so they are relying on pictures and the clients word just as much as we are. I will say I used her once and she was lovely. I'm glad you came to a resolution.

Reactions: cc_rainbow_
But it's the personal shoppers job to make sure the products they are selling are up to standard. The ones I use have the items sent to them for inspection FIRST, they then send it out if it's in the condition they promised & AUTHENTIC!! It's not good practice to have the item sent directly from a random client and then not have recourse to fix problems that may arise, that's unacceptable.

My friend was looking for a chanel jumbo, she DM'd Mireyna_fashionlover and was sent pics. My friend is good at spotting fakes and told her this is a fake you are selling! Mireyna sent pics in for authentication and sure enough it was a FAKE! Her excuse was "my client received this as a gift and didn't know it was fake." Really?? Well that's your job to know before selling a $5k bag to someone. Had my friend purchased it blindly, which many do when dealing with "reputable sellers," she would have been stuck w a fake bag and having to deal with disputing the sale etc

Just be careful who you purchase from, even "reputable" sellers can be problematic. Only 100% sale is from a store.

I guess that can be a problem when selling for a client, not new items they sourced from the store. The PS doesn't have it in hand, so they are relying on pictures and the clients word just as much as we are. I will say I used her once and she was lovely. I'm glad you came to a resolution.

Yes, me too. I don’t want to have conflicts with people.

But it's the personal shoppers job to make sure the products they are selling are up to standard. The ones I use have the items sent to them for inspection FIRST, they then send it out if it's in the condition they promised & AUTHENTIC!! It's not good practice to have the item sent directly from a random client and then not have recourse to fix problems that may arise, that's unacceptable.

My friend was looking for a chanel jumbo, she DM'd Mireyna_fashionlover and was sent pics. My friend is good at spotting fakes and told her this is a fake you are selling! Mireyna sent pics in for authentication and sure enough it was a FAKE! Her excuse was "my client received this as a gift and didn't know it was fake." Really?? Well that's your job to know before selling a $5k bag to someone. Had my friend purchased it blindly, which many do when dealing with "reputable sellers," she would have been stuck w a fake bag and having to deal with disputing the sale etc

Just be careful who you purchase from, even "reputable" sellers can be problematic. Only 100% sale is from a store.
YESSS 1000000x this! A personal shopper should absolutely make sure what they are selling is authentic. That is really terrible to hear about Mireyna_fashionlover, I can't believe 1) she doesn't know it was a fake, doesn't she deal with Chanel items all the time so wouldn't it be her job to learn how to authenticate, 2) she didn't even check first before selling. It just seems so greedy on her part.

Reactions: Bentley1

Well I do absolutely agree with you no question. In fact I hadn't realized that the client was sending direct to me at first. Luckily my item was lovely. It is definitely better practice to have client ship to them to look over before listing for sale.

Reactions: DrHMK98
Well I do absolutely agree with no question. In fact I hadn't realized that the client was sending direct to me at first. Luckily my item was lovely. It is definitely better practice to have client ship to them to look over before listing for sale.
Same with me. I purchased an item from her and it came directly from the client as well. In my case it was also as described, so we both got lucky. I think she's an overall good seller, but perhaps lazy? The extra steps of inspection would help her avoid these problems she's having due to client listings.

Last edited:
Reactions: fashionelite
YESSS 1000000x this! A personal shopper should absolutely make sure what they are selling is authentic. That is really terrible to hear about Mireyna_fashionlover, I can't believe 1) she doesn't know it was a fake, doesn't she deal with Chanel items all the time so wouldn't it be her job to learn how to authenticate, 2) she didn't even check first before selling. It just seems so greedy on her part.
We were shocked too, bc it was really glaringly fake, not even a "super fake." I'm in no way an expert Authenticator but I could see just from the pics the bag looked odd! AND as my friend pointed out, it had the genetic serial # that's used on many fake bags. Something most sellers of Chanel would & should know about when selling bags worth thousands on a daily basis. I don't know what to make of it, but it's absolutely unacceptable to offer a fake for sale. Not knowing isn't a good excuse, it's their job to know.