What (under $500) handbag are you carrying today?!

Gorgeous art and bag! The color on that bag is perfect! That is the color I wanted my RM to be, but it is not, so I never carry it. Your bag is way prettier. I have a Chloe (in my avatar), but no Lanvin. It’s good to hear that the quality of your Leo and Violette is as good as Chloe, because I’m impressed with Chloe quality.
Thanks my Chloe is circa 2012/13. The hardware is not as heavy as the Chloe and the lining is more silky on the L&V not as textured. but the leather and stitching is really good. I was comparing them side by side and the finish was just as nice IMO. It compares almost spot on with my Lanvin. I have a 2011 Lanvin purse and they are very very similar down to the leather where the zip is and the colour and everything. Spookily so, they could almost be made at the same place...

Reactions: peachylv
I hit post before I had a chance to identify this. It’s my Brahmin medium Asher tote. I think it was right around $300, plus it’s autographed by Joan Martin, one of the cofounders of the company. She was at one of my Dillard’s stores last summer,so I just had to get this :smile: I had to age into Brahmin though. When I was younger they didn’t appeal to me at all. The last five years or so I came to appreciate their beauty. And I’m totally smitten with the little jewelry pocket some of the bags have.

View attachment 4104088 This little number!! My Leo et Violette bag which cost $380 including shipping from Paris. The quality is as nice as my Lanvin and my Chloe. Here she is at my wall in the art gallery that represent me.
I felt very comfortable taking her for my meeting there and afterwards I was buying a coffee and the very well dressed lady in the queue behind me complimented me on my purse!
This bag makes me feel very classy and unique.

This bag is just gorgeous! If you don’t mind me asking, how long did shipping take?

Thanks my Chloe is circa 2012/13. The hardware is not as heavy as the Chloe and the lining is more silky on the L&V not as textured. but the leather and stitching is really good. I was comparing them side by side and the finish was just as nice IMO. It compares almost spot on with my Lanvin. I have a 2011 Lanvin purse and they are very very similar down to the leather where the zip is and the colour and everything. Spookily so, they could almost be made at the same place...
Wow! This purse sounds like excellent value for money. I can’t blelieve the L&V and Lanvin are so similar.

Today it was the Dooney and Bourke foldover crossbody in navy Florentine leather. Understated and functional
This little bag has a lot of neat pockets. It can fit my large smartphone, keys, and a small wallet. I love that I can remove the crossbody strap and use as a clutch. It can be concealed under a coat, thrown in a tote. It's great for shopping. The retail is $188, but I got it for less.

Comparison shots. No joke the lining is the same lining!! The Lanvin bag has a darker colour and its embossed but it is the same silky striped cotton lining. The Lanvin has a thicker leather inner pocket. Leather is the same pretty much, smooth. Probably just the same type of leather. I'll let you guys assess.

Lanvin on left
View attachment 4104339
View attachment 4104340 View attachment 4104341 View attachment 4104343 View attachment 4104344
They are so similar. When the leather is that smooth, is it considered box calf. I keep seeing that mentioned on here.