Rogue Club

Question for the Rogue club: what would you buy as a 2nd Rogue?
I am debating the Rogue satchel with embellished handles (86918), or the regular Rogue with floral bow print interior (26847).
The regular Rogue is about $20 more if you count all the rebates and such. I only have a Rogue 36 so I’m looking for a slightly smaller Rogue-ish bag, and I’ve seen a few posts here about how the satchel was underrated?
I’m sure I’d like the regular Rogue but haven’t seen much here about the floral bow print one. Plus, I have a novelty strap that would go well with the regular Rogue, perhaps not so much with the satchel?
Any advice would be helpful - TIA!!

I had ordered the regular rogue and wound up returning it. I saw it in store several months ago and really loved the slight metallic look of the green smooth leather. But when I got it home after several months of having it on my wish list, I decided it looked too dark and close to black so I returned it. I didn't need another dark bag either and not one close to black.

I have some of the satchels and love them. They are good size and I feel holds more than the regular rogue. I kind of like my satchels more than the regular rogues, honestly. Wish they made more in that style.

I love both, but I suggest you try the Rogue satchel. It is a great and I agree with @Bagmedic that is holds more stuff. The share is really cute.
Agreed!! But coming from the bagaholic who hasn't carried either satchel yet... :facepalm: (mainly due to the weight/bulk of the satchel). I did just recently purchase a regular Rogue in the sale (I love the 25s) for the first time, as it seems less heavy/bulky than the satchel.

I can use one of the novelty bag straps on the satchel but not on the regular rogue. Some do use them on the regular rogue but I find it a bit floppy. I haven't thought about using the shoulder straps from the regular rogue but they are probably too thin so wouldn't look right. I don't tend to wear bags of either size as Xbody but only if I need to be hands free for a very short time like walking in the house with other things in my hands. HOpe that helps!

I don't think the shoulder strap from regular Rogue would work well on the Satchel, mainly due to the shape of the Satchel. You'd have a big triangular bag under your arm and it wouldn't be comfortable.

I have the satchel and the regular sized Rogue, I have never used the satchel as a crossbody, but I do wear it on the shoulder with the longer strap. I actually prefer wearing it that way. I feel like crossbody would look weird on me.

Agreed!! But coming from the bagaholic who hasn't carried either satchel yet... :facepalm: (mainly due to the weight/bulk of the satchel). I did just recently purchase a regular Rogue in the sale (I love the 25s) for the first time, as it seems less heavy/bulky than the satchel.
Hmm, now I will have a lot to think about. I just like to be able to switch my bags to crossbody in addition to on the shoulder when I’m walking around a lot (which is often). I tend to use the handles least, only when I’m maneuvering or something.... I guess I’ll just have to make a decision, but these opinions are helpful!!

Reactions: pianolize
Hmm, now I will have a lot to think about. I just like to be able to switch my bags to crossbody in addition to on the shoulder when I’m walking around a lot (which is often). I tend to use the handles least, only when I’m maneuvering or something.... I guess I’ll just have to make a decision, but these opinions are helpful!!
I have 36 31 25 and tote but absolutely hated the satchel bought and sent straight back

Does anyone own a rogue 39? I’m debating if I should get one..
You mean the satchel 39? If so, I have one and it's HEAVY.

I’m debating on whether to get the tote or not. I have regular rogue (I find it too be slightly heavy and does not fit my laptop) and 25. Is the tote heavy? What is the weight compare to 25? Thanks!
My friend had one, coincidentally on the day I was considering them! They are heavy too (imo! I held it with her small amt of things for about 10 seconds...), but not as heavy as the satchel. 25 least heavy I think. Tote seems heavier than expected; Rogue seemed not as heavy as expected, for me. I'd guess they're about the same.

My new Marine 25 out today, w exotic strap!!!IMG_20180615_083649.jpg

My friend had one, coincidentally on the day I was considering them! They are heavy too (imo! I held it with her small amt of things for about 10 seconds...), but not as heavy as the satchel. 25 least heavy I think.

My new Marine 25 out today, w exotic strap!!!View attachment 4101009

Congrats! It looks great with the exotic strap. Enjoy.

My friend had one, coincidentally on the day I was considering them! They are heavy too (imo! I held it with her small amt of things for about 10 seconds...), but not as heavy as the satchel. 25 least heavy I think. Tote seems heavier than expected; Rogue seemed not as heavy as expected, for me. I'd guess they're about the same.

I love your charm!

I have the same combo, marine 25 + strap! I’ll pass on the tote then, I want to use it when I need to carry the laptop, but it would make it super heavy.

Congrats! It looks great with the exotic strap. Enjoy.

I love your charm!
Aw, thx both!!! :flowers::biggrin:

I have the same combo, marine 25 + strap! I’ll pass on the tote then, I want to use it when I need to carry the laptop, but it would make it super heavy.
Oh wow, really?! I actually had other bags in mind w the strap, but there it was--I love it!!!
I'd definitely not be able to carry a laptop in the tote. But to confuse matters, my friend got it specially for her laptop!!! It's a strong bag!

Perhaps consider a market tote? I have the star rivets one for my laptop or heavy books... MUCH lighter!!!

Please help report! The seller is insane! Now it's relisted at $888!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192487260710
!!!!

Last edited:

Oops, MARINE!!! WHAT on earth am I typing?!!!? Was it my keyboard?!!!?

Reactions: SEWDimples