Intel on Double V

It’s beautiful! Honestly I love this bag in every color. Congratulations, that is one gorgeous bag!
I totally agree! I bought a jumbo classic flap bag with silver hardware from Chanel last month but havent worn it yet. I compared it to my Double V and honestly speaking, they both had exquisite craftsmanship, although very different. The Double V also seems a little bigger so I can put more in it. I haven't carried my jumbo yet as stated but I was disappointed when I realized it was smaller but almost twice the price (yikes)! Is it me, or is the Chanel jumbo somewhat over-rated? It does have great resell value but the Double V seems to be more worth it's actual value and price point but I could be wrong :oh:

Just a disclaimer, I am by no means trying to start an LV verses Chanel on this thread so I apologize if it comes off this way. I'm so impressed with my Double V, I'm starting to compare all of my other bags to it, that's all:blush:

Reactions: frenchyo8
I totally agree! I bought a jumbo classic flap bag with silver hardware from Chanel last month but havent worn it yet. I compared it to my Double V and honestly speaking, they both had exquisite craftsmanship, although very different. The Double V also seems a little bigger so I can put more in it. I haven't carried my jumbo yet as stated but I was disappointed when I realized it was smaller but almost twice the price (yikes)! Is it me, or is the Chanel jumbo somewhat over-rated? It does have great resell value but the Double V seems to be more worth it's actual value and price point but I could be wrong :oh:
It's funny, my HG bag was a Chanel jumbo flap which I saved for and purchased about eight years ago. It's was a gorgeous bag, so well made and I was so happy to have it. After eight years though, I had only carried it a handful of times. I think partly I was just afraid to harm it in some way (I know, silly), and the chain strap was a little heavy to carry for a long time. I ended up selling it recently and received quite a bit more for the bag than I paid for it several years ago. I am hoping to get another Chanel in the future but I think next time I will go a little bit smaller and give myself a huge lecture about it just being a thing, and not worrying about getting a scratch on it. In the meantime, I'm loving the LV double V bag and some other LV bags that for whatever reason get carried more often. Here's the thing about the Chanel, the price increases are steep so if you love it, keep it!

It's funny, my HG bag was a Chanel jumbo flap which I saved for and purchased about eight years ago. It's was a gorgeous bag, so well made and I was so happy to have it. After eight years though, I had only carried it a handful of times. I think partly I was just afraid to harm it in some way (I know, silly), and the chain strap was a little heavy to carry for a long time. I ended up selling it recently and received quite a bit more for the bag than I paid for it several years ago. I am hoping to get another Chanel in the future but I think next time I will go a little bit smaller and give myself a huge lecture about it just being a thing, and not worrying about getting a scratch on it. In the meantime, I'm loving the LV double V bag and some other LV bags that for whatever reason get carried more often. Here's the thing about the Chanel, the price increases are steep so if you love it, keep it!
Thanks so much! Advice well taken! As for my Double V, I'm thinking that I'm going to switch back to that bag by the end of the week! I truly love my Triangle Softy but the Double V is so sophisticated and exquisite!!! I've been dressing up that handle by wrapping it in a bandeau! If I could afford to, I would have this bag in every color!!!!!:drool:

I'm so grateful that you started this thread! The modeling shots you (and the other lovely ladies) sealed the deal for me over this bag. The website has limited photos so unless you check it out in person, you may dismiss something because you don't know it's full potential!
Thank you all for those photos, I love this bag! I went to Chanel this past weekend and my S.A. said this was the only LV purse that I carried that she really liked. She said it more than once and then I showed her how to completely cover the monogram (like up above, nice!!!) and she was very impressed indeed!

I'm so grateful that you started this thread! The modeling shots you (and the other lovely ladies) sealed the deal for me over this bag. The website has limited photos so unless you check it out in person, you may dismiss something because you don't know it's full potential!
Thank you all for those photos, I love this bag! I went to Chanel this past weekend and my S.A. said this was the only LV purse that I carried that she really liked. She said it more than once and then I showed her how to completely cover the monogram (like up above, nice!!!) and she was very impressed indeed!

Awww that’s awesome, I’m always happy to spread the LV love and info!!

Reactions: Starbux32