Faded Item described as Mint. What would you do?

It was escalated into a case by eBay since the seller refused to pay for the return postage and her message was that she would "reimburse the difference". So now, while it's been decided on my favour, the release of the funds is waiting for eBay's approval since it's a high value case.

All in all, I lost a total of $320 in this transaction. I was able to get $100 back from customs. No apologies from the seller either, even now that apparently she can see what faded areas ("light reflection") I was referring to.

It is doubtful your seller will apologize & you should leave appropriate feedback with regard to the condition.
I'm not dismissing the amount you are out of as being insignificant, but really for the amount of money
you have spent that jacket should have been in the condition it was described in "MINT"

Reactions: Antigone
Seller has revised from "New without tags" to "New with Defects" and added this in the description:

PLEASE Note: Natural variations in the leather have depicted a few small areas of what appears as a metallic black, areas that have lightened or darkened due to position of how light was hitting item on display.. ( Shadows) or metallic areas, are only noticeable when viewed under close inspection or pointed out, in my opinion, this does not have any affect on beauty or function of this amazing jacket.....

Seller notes still remain: "display item, never worn, there are areas where light reflection on the leather has a reflective, metallic undertone, this is a natural characteristic"

Maybe the seller reads TPF. ;)

Seller has revised from "New without tags" to "New with Defects" and added this in the description:

PLEASE Note: Natural variations in the leather have depicted a few small areas of what appears as a metallic black, areas that have lightened or darkened due to position of how light was hitting item on display.. ( Shadows) or metallic areas, are only noticeable when viewed under close inspection or pointed out, in my opinion, this does not have any affect on beauty or function of this amazing jacket.....

Seller notes still remain: "display item, never worn, there are areas where light reflection on the leather has a reflective, metallic undertone, this is a natural characteristic"

Light reflections & leather variation, my arse!

You are handling it like a rockstar- hang in there!

New with defects & metallic undertone that is a natural characteristic.. doubtful...

Finally got my refund.

Is this a good feedback?

"Jacket has dye fading on some areas (collar and back)."

Is it advisable to mention that the seller was difficult to work with, or not?
I'm glad you got your money, especially considering that she'd received it back and relisted already.

This is my suggestion:
"Jacket described as new but had faded areas; seller was difficult."
or if it fits in the allotted space:
"Jacket described as new but had faded areas; seller was in denial & difficult."

Glad you got it resolved! I once cancelled, after seeing stains on the bag; squinting to find them from tiny pics was not easy! The seller was not happy, but this is when people need to learn honesty in postings.

Another time I filed a claim from makeup stains on a hat; the seller claimed all that's holy it was not there before, and she somehow wins the SNAD. I could go on; the incidents are why I never trust eBay or Paypal for anything. Supposedly the buyer wins claims more easily, yet whether on selling/buying side I always find myself on the losing end of the stick.

Left negative feedback - for the first time ever. I feel kinda strange, but I know I did the right thing, after all the drama and accusation I've been through with this seller.

Good job! Just think, you're leaving an honest feedback, and warning other members about this seller. And $300 is a lot of money to lose; whatever annoyances I've had, at least the dollar amount wasn't that big. Three buyers did try to scam me of a $500 bag, but at least they didn't succeed. Just sold my last item in April-no more! eBay's seriously not worth the trouble anymore, especially selling-wise.

I called eBay and I was told that if there is no exchange of money - in this case, the money was returned because I won the case - then eBay will remove the negative feedback.

So now we can't even trust the feedback system since apparently it does not reflect the trust selling history of the user ID.

Reactions: whateve
I called eBay and I was told that if there is no exchange of money - in this case, the money was returned because I won the case - then eBay will remove the negative feedback.

So now we can't even trust the feedback system since apparently it does not reflect the trust selling history of the user ID.
Wait a second! You won the SNAD case so your feedback shouldn't have been removed!

Call them back again and try to get it reinstated.