Saving like mad!

Thanks, our plan is Mayfair. Selfridges first then Bond Street. Going to have lunch too. Harrods is a good shout if I have to shoot across there just in case Selfridges don’t have in stock. I got my first LV from Harrods and, like you say, good service.

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes
How exciting, congratulations.
Just one thing I’d suggest would be to inspect your new bag thoroughly at the counter before taking it away with you.
Also you can ask the SA to bring out as many examples as possible so you can choose the best one. Remember you’re spending a huge amount of money so never feel intimidated or guilty for spending a long time finding your perfect bag, take as long as you need.
Trust me saving really hard is so worth it! It took me years to save for my only classic flap, the same spec as the one you’re going for. I adore mine and love wearing it as it reminds me of working hard to pay for it!

Good luck and have a fabulous trip.

Hi, I’m off to London in May 2018 to buy a classic flap medium with GHW. I literally can’t wait. I’ve never saved so hard in my life. Any tips from anyone?

Yay [emoji16] so excited for you! Nothing like buying your first classic. I have to agree that the service in Harrods is extremely good though I usually go to Sloane Street Chanel where I’ve always had a great experience with my SA. If you plan on making future luxury purchases Harrods has a very good loyalty card where you get vouchers back on your purchases so the more you spend the more vouchers you get. So it might be an idea to sign up for one before you buy!

Good luck with your hunt, again just make sure you inspect the bag from top to bottom for any flaws, especially if you are not local to London and can’t easily return a bag if there’s an issue.

Reactions: EmilyM111
I'd try Harrods- Selfridges have no points scheme and the service is so-so (bought a few bags there and not impressed- one lady didn't understand my English, not exactly the experience I'd like to have).
Harrods card gives you 1% on spend and beyond £5k you get free coffee and tea lol. On Harrods note: I wouldn't buy anything on the ground floor as it's busy and you'll be trying your £4k bag in a sort of corridor. I bought my boy on the first floor and it's nice and quiet there.

Reactions: Law
I'd try Harrods- Selfridges have no points scheme and the service is so-so (bought a few bags there and not impressed- one lady didn't understand my English, not exactly the experience I'd like to have).
Harrods card gives you 1% on spend and beyond £5k you get free coffee and tea lol. On Harrods note: I wouldn't buy anything on the ground floor as it's busy and you'll be trying your £4k bag in a sort of corridor. I bought my boy on the first floor and it's nice and quiet there.

I agree that Selfridges service in Chanel isn’t the best. I’ve only bought shoes from them and only bought them there as they were the last available pair in London in my size!

Reactions: EmilyM111
Hi ladies!

I am also going to London next month to buy my Chanel. This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering if the prices are the same in all the Chanel boutiques? Because I only have one day to shop, and also, I don't want to end up buying a Chanel from one store, and finding out later that there is a cheaper one somewhere else :sad:

Hi ladies!

I am also going to London next month to buy my Chanel. This may be a stupid question, but I am wondering if the prices are the same in all the Chanel boutiques? Because I only have one day to shop, and also, I don't want to end up buying a Chanel from one store, and finding out later that there is a cheaper one somewhere else :sad:

Hi pugprincess! The prices will be the same in the Chanel boutiques and department stores so you won’t need to worry about that

How do I find out about Harrods loyalty scheme?
https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/faq/harrods-rewards

I have the black one and it's pretty good. Have double points, 1% cashback to use in store the following year, free drink + get early access to 10% sales (and can also pick 2 days for 10% off in store) however 10% doesn't apply to certain brands like Chanel, LV and other bigs one lol though remember i was able to put in the basket Givenchy Antigona and YSL Sac De Jour with 10% off.