Saving like mad!

My only advice would be... don't be afraid to come home empty handed. Everything has to be perfect. The slightest doubt about some aspect of the experience will just grow in your mind. No need to rush the purchase.
This is the BEST advice!!! :flowers:
It’s so easy to go on this mission and it would be such a great memory to get it on your trip. It’s easy to loose sight of the fact that you saved a looong time to get this and in the long term the most important thing is that you don’t regret the purchase because it’s not the one you want or have issues.

Check bags you buy extremely carefully especially those purchased from boutique due to strict and short number of days for exchange and returns.

In checking the bags I would check at least 2 side by side if possible. First looking at color which one is a deeper shade of black and surface which one has more even leather and no scratches etc.

Then for the one I think is better i would follow the stitching one by one through the entire bag paying attention to the stitching holes, if they were straight, any skipped stitches or anything weird (often times I find benign stuff like extra glue that can be easily rubbed off etc.)

Check the chain to see that it’s all as expected, the strap stitching and glue (the ends of the ML is glued vs stitched)

The hardware no scratches or uneven colors (eg chain color matches closure hardware color and not lighter vs darker gold etc)

The inside leather all gold no scratches not too loose and the serial sticker attached well, the serial number matches the one on the authenticity card

The inside flap zipper properly stored with the felt between the zipper pull and the underside of the flap so there is no major indentation from the pull left on the inside leather

The logo turn lock is centered and not crooked

Test the turn lock open close that it’s attacked well and not loose

Back outside pocket is centered and lined up right

Grommets where the chains come in/out of all looked good and centered proportionally to each other and to the edge of the bag (spacing wise) and there is no rusting on hardware

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/faq/harrods-rewards

I have the black one and it's pretty good. Have double points, 1% cashback to use in store the following year, free drink + get early access to 10% sales (and can also pick 2 days for 10% off in store) however 10% doesn't apply to certain brands like Chanel, LV and other bigs one lol though remember i was able to put in the basket Givenchy Antigona and YSL Sac De Jour with 10% off.
I think its 3% on black? Or at least on mine its 3%. I remember it was 1% green, 2% gold and 3% black. Also black can redeem points at anytime so you dont have to wait til next year.

Reactions: EmilyM111
I think its 3% on black? Or at least on mine its 3%. I remember it was 1% green, 2% gold and 3% black. Also black can redeem points at anytime so you dont have to wait til next year.

Yeah, sorry for confusion - 1% is the underlying rate and when i said double points that means 2% and then 3% accordingly for the black.
In my head i was still in the last year's mode when i had the gold one.
So to recap: I meant the gold card in the context of spending £4k on M/L (i mean if the OP would buy some additional items as it's starts at £5k, otherwise it's 1% but still a good deal).

Last edited:
A week to go now girls and I’m super excited to get on that train to London. Got an email from Harrods Loyalty card to say as it’s my birthday, I get double points all week! I’ll do a separate post & reveal when I’m back.

Reactions: Apricots
A week to go now girls and I’m super excited to get on that train to London. Got an email from Harrods Loyalty card to say as it’s my birthday, I get double points all week! I’ll do a separate post & reveal when I’m back.

Good luck and have a fantastic time in London! I was there last month and found the most amazing bags that weren’t available in my home city. In case you don’t find what you need on 1/F, go to the 5/F Chanel where they have a great selection (quieter as few ppl know about it). If you want to PM an SA ahead of time to check stock, PM me and I can share mine with you!

Thanks, I’m kind of hoping they should have loads of classic medium flaps GHW in stock. Do you think I should call ahead?

They probably do but I can you the phone number of my Harrods SA (he’s on the 5/F of Chanel boutique in Harrods). You can msg him directly first to make sure they have it. Plus he is super nice!

Have fun and I reiterate what the ladies have said, dept store over boutique. You can return goods for money back and not store credit. Harrods 1st floor over the ground floor. Have a good time/birthday. Reveal whatever you buy so we can live vicariously through you. Enjoy Xx