Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the biggest scarf collection of all?

I see I'm in good company here. This is most of my collection:

View attachment 3427672

I recently moved it into my home office as our master bed/bath is being remodeled.

Top shelf on the left is my vintage Dallets, gavroches, pocketed, gm silks. Second shelf from top: dip dyes and CSGMs. Second Shelf from bottom is books, pleated scarves and more CSGMs. Bottom shelf is mousselines and a few new additions to inventory and "file".

Right side upper three shelves are all 90 carres. Bottom shelf is outgoing. I'm pondering whether or not to return them to the closet when the remodel is finished.

WHOA!! Wish I am as organized... Thanks for sharing!!! :heart:

View attachment 3427672

I recently moved it into my home office as our master bed/bath is being remodeled.

Top shelf on the left is my vintage Dallets, gavroches, pocketed, gm silks. Second shelf from top: dip dyes and CSGMs. Second Shelf from bottom is books, pleated scarves and more CSGMs. Bottom shelf is mousselines and a few new additions to inventory and "file".

Right side upper three shelves are all 90 carres. Bottom shelf is outgoing. I'm pondering whether or not to return them to the closet when the remodel is finished.

:drool::love::loveeyes: Love the organization (even if it may only be temporary and placed back into the closet after remodeling).

Ummm, well, I'm with @dharma, the spreadsheet is my friend, except when I am slow to update it (insert sheepish grin emojii)! The entries begin with A l'Ombres des Boulevards and end with Zabavushka at 108. But there's also a pile of boxes in The Shrine, marinating and uncatalogued. I've broken just about every rule I started with. There are multiple cws and multiple formats but thus far, no actual duplicates.

Storage? Undisciplined. It's a bit of this and a bit of that, primarily driven by my need to see the silk. I'm waiting for someone to update the storage thread with the perfect, not insanely expensive, solution. @etoupebirkin, what a joy it must be to visit that wonderful chest of drawers!!!!

Here is my little, but very loved, collection of silk 90s:
  • Zebra Pegasus CW01
  • Marche de Zambeze CW11
  • Dans un Jardin Anglais CW14
  • Tyger Tyger CW11
  • Under the Waves CW02
  • Mythes et Metamorphoses CW06
  • La Vie Sauvage du Texas CW54
  • Zebra Pegasus CW11
  • Dans un Jardin Anglais CW11

View attachment 3494114
I like every scarf you have. Beautiful collection ! What will be the next ? :smile:

Reactions: smallfry
Adguru I like how you categorize by color, then theme .
Not sure why, but I can actually visualize your scarves (as opposed to a list by name . Those lists I just read; year of issue, artist...yawn ).. my brain must see color before pattern?
Dear essiedub,
How rude of me that I never replied :sad: Somehow I just missed your post, so sorry!! I find it much easier to decide which to wear if my list is primarily about color. (Maybe my brain is like yours, too!) I keep them in their boxes stacked in a vintage blanket chest so I have to think ahead. Someday I should put them in a drawer or display box like some of these lovely TPFers. But then what would I do with all the boxes, haha?

Reactions: essiedub
Bumping this old thread as I feel like I'm nearing my saturation point with 90 silks although there are still a grail scarves that I'm looking for.

10 90cm silk
4 Twilly
3 CSGM
1 70cm silk
1 Maxi Twilly

@Croisette7, it'd be fun to know your numbers since you have such an amazing collection! :heart:
:lol: It's good to reflect back on this post as my silk collection has definitely grown since! :giggle:

13 90cm silk
7 Twilly
4 CSGM
2 70cm silk
1 Maxi Twilly
3 Gavroches
2 140cm mousseline
1 120cm mousseline

Anyone else want to update their list? :graucho:

Last edited:
:lol: It's good to reflect back on this post as my silk collection has definitely grown since! :giggle:

13 90cm silk
7 Twilly
4 CSGM
2 70cm silk
1 Maxi Twilly
3 Gavroches
2 140cm mousseline
1 120cm mousseline

Great thread, thanks for bumping it! Not too bad, you added 14 in 20 months, you could have done worse! :lol:
Intrigued by the 120 moussie? Oh and also:
A0C1ADF7-3A30-45AE-A648-369496090C86.gif :giggle:

13 90cm silk
7 Twilly
4 CSGM
2 70cm silk
1 Maxi Twilly
3 Gavroches
2 140cm mousseline
1 120cm mousseline

Afraid to count....collecting for the past 40 years.... Ignorance is bliss!!

Will confess tonight - need to count...

(might need more fingers and toes!)

Oh man- I forgot about this thread!!!! Perhaps I need to bookmark it permanently so I don't forget! It will be good for me.

@weN84 You've done so well! That's not too bad!

APassau- Yes-I can totally understand that! :tup: At first it may be fun, but many years later it might be like asking a lady her age....:lol:

@Cookiefiend- Where's the popcorn icon?!?

I promise I will be back with a breakdown, but I can tell you as of right now, I have approximately 75 scarves total, including twillies, as opposed to last year at this time when I had around 55-60.

Last edited:

View attachment 3427672

Oh my goodness- I'm going to have to spend some time rereading this thread for organizational insights.

@weN84- thank you for reviving it and updating your list!

:shocked:
Okay - here we go:
49 x 90cm - 2 are plisse, 1 is a mousseline
14 x 45cm - 3 are mousseline
4 x 70cm
3 x 55 - bandanas
2 x 140 - both mousseline
1 Pointe
1 77cm - this is an unusual scarf so I'm not surprised at it's odd size
2 stole - 1 is mousseline, 1 is cotton and silk (maybe its really a pareo?)
1 twilly - twillys aren't my thing apparently - I never wear it. But it's cute!

There are 3 scarves on the definite, gotta go chopping block - I didn't include them. I honestly think I could and probably should sell more but I don't have good luck in that. So < shrug >, I still got 'em.

No 140 cashmere. I can't see myself wearing them...
A) My BFM makes my internal thermostat run too high, I'd prolly die in all that cashmere (but whatta way to go, right? :nuts:)
B) I'd rather wear a sweater and a scarf.
C) I can tie 2 90s together (a la bunnycat) and have a 140 plus! Winning!

I did take pictures, if I run out of things to do tonight (cats away, the mouse is playing in her silks!), I might post them… but omg - it's a lot!

@bunnycat - I also took a picture of my storage tower (bwahaha - I don't know what to call it), but there is a thread somewhere about scarf storage and I posted a pic of it there too.