LV Men's Spring/Summer 2018

For some reason I have never been a fan of the damier print. When my SA showed this collection to me last week, I was like no thanks. :no: Not to mention the big rainbow colored Louis Vuitton front and “center” on the bag... if they take the huge Louis Vuitton wording out and put the monkey graphic on monogram eclipse, it probably would be something I would be interested in. :graucho:

Same, not a fan of Damier print either...Eclipse otoh I love!!! it's a matter of preference I know

Reactions: Kevinh73
What is this trend of giant Louis Vuitton markings on bags??? Such a turn off! So tacky! It’s like the Nouveau Riche version of Louis Vuitton: more branding and more logos. This is really making me question my faithfulness to the brand.
It's part of the street influence on the brand. I think it's fun, but I also think it's the kind of trendiness that doesn't justify their asking prices.

It's part of the street influence on the brand. I think it's fun, but I also think it's the kind of trendiness that doesn't justify their asking prices.
You are probably right about the street influence. Kim Jones certainly embrassed that wholeheartedly. It’s just not working for me I guess. I’m cool with the monogram canvas (a kind of fashion neutral in some way), but these big spelled out “Louis Vuitton” markings make me cringe. :doh: Have I become boring and conservative? :lol:

View attachment 3973882 My prepaid reflect/silver keepall finally came in. It has a nice reflective matte shine on it. Inside tag indicates that it was made during first week of Feb this year. I was told so far they only gotten four of these in. But the eclipse/ reflect split keepall they only gotten one so far...Supposedly because it was as hard to produce.
Congratulations! This bag is definitely the coolest piece of the collection, by far.

Reactions: Kevinh73
Does anyone know if the reflect/silver will be made into the palm springs mini backpack? or if any new colorways of the palm springs mini will be released any time soon?

That'd be a no. Monogram Silver is part of Men's collection whereas Palm Spring Backpack is part of Women's. LV doesn't really mix the two universes together.

Reactions: fabuleux
218FAA08-5B3A-4B38-9B96-74F89C67F2B3.png

Someone was asking about the availability of the Keepall 45b M43855. I can tell you my store got one in and charged me today for it. It’s on the way to my house. Not many stores are going to see them. I had to fight tooth and nail to get mine. Frankly I’m in love and can’t wait til my baby arrives!

So the update is- LV is positive they will get about 500 of these pieces out. Enough to only cover the reservation list. Reservation lists should be filled by the end of this month for this bag, barring any issues with manufacture, distribution etc.

What is this trend of giant Louis Vuitton markings on bags??? Such a turn off! So tacky! It’s like the Nouveau Riche version of Louis Vuitton: more branding and more logos. This is really making me question my faithfulness to the brand.
Don’t worry, they will be gone before you know it! I can’t stand them either, but am happy for the people they appeal to.

You are probably right about the street influence. Kim Jones certainly embrassed that wholeheartedly. It’s just not working for me I guess. I’m cool with the monogram canvas (a kind of fashion neutral in some way), but these big spelled out “Louis Vuitton” markings make me cringe. :doh: Have I become boring and conservative? :lol:
No, it’s just bad aesthetics to me too. There are a dozen awful things I can say about these pieces, which will no doubt offend someone (and that isn’t the point). LV makes something for everyone. That’s the best way to look at it. I do love some of the silver and black pieces though.

No, it’s just bad aesthetics to me too. There are a dozen awful things I can say about these pieces, which will no doubt offend someone (and that isn’t the point). LV makes something for everyone. That’s the best way to look at it. I do love some of the silver and black pieces though.
You re absolutely right. It’s my own issues. :biggrin:

Reactions: chinchin7