decision -tote or urban companion?

AdidaB

O.G.
Jun 15, 2013
I am somewhat new to Chanel- just got a old medium Boy and a Boy WOC in the last two months. Need a bigger bag now to fill a gap in my collection (sold off allllllll my LV and Bals). I am indifferent to cross body/over the shoulder and I know they are very different styles/colors, but both fit the bill in fitting way more than the Boy. That’s the only requirement. [emoji4]

Thoughts? TIA!

IMG_0039.jpg

Tote. The crossbody is really not that much more bigger for useable space than your other bags.

Plus, while crossbody bags are for hot now, but totes are classic and you can use them more.

And you have your Boy for crossbody anyway. They hold similar.

Of the two, tote for sure. No question in my mind and you picked the best tote in my mind. Classic and gorgeous.

Reactions: AdidaB
I am new to Chanel bags, only have one small boy for special dressy occasions. Between the tote and urban companion, I would go with the urban companion. More versatile imo, for example if you are traveling you can use it cross body for airports and day activities, and still carry double strap to dinner , if you got little ones hat you need to carry extra stuff with you, toys, diaper, clothes then tote maybe a better option. I think it boils down to your lifestyle.

If you like to resell, go for the urban companion. If you keep items long-term, the tote. Chanel totes plummet in value very fast. TBH neither of these are classic items and since you're new to the brand I'd do more research on better choices for your money. Just my personal opinion.

I hear what you are saying. New to *buying* Chanel bags, but been eyeing them for years. I wish I liked the classic flap, but it is just not for me. I thought for sure I would get a so black chevron Reissue but that wasn’t working for me either when I tried it.

I always say I won’t sell, but then.... [emoji23]

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I honestly like them both. The tote looks super practical and buttery soft. The Urban Companion as well being functional, looks sturdy and has the clean lines of a larger square mini. I would have a hard time filling up the tote, so I would think about what size you truly need your for your life. Good luck deciding. :heart:

I honestly like them both. The tote looks super practical and buttery soft. The Urban Companion as well being functional, looks sturdy and has the clean lines of a larger square mini. I would have a hard time filling up the tote, so I would think about what size you truly need your for your life. Good luck deciding. :heart:

Thx!!!

The tote is lamb skin, so quite buttery. Worries me a bit as I don’t baby bags, but my kids know very well to not touch a women’s bag!

And yes, practical as I do carry documents.

Reactions: Dextersmom
I am new to Chanel bags, only have one small boy for special dressy occasions. Between the tote and urban companion, I would go with the urban companion. More versatile imo, for example if you are traveling you can use it cross body for airports and day activities, and still carry double strap to dinner , if you got little ones hat you need to carry extra stuff with you, toys, diaper, clothes then tote maybe a better option. I think it boils down to your lifestyle.

Yeah, I do have kids... And sunglasses and regular glasses and an umbrella, etc. You get the point! I got the tote, but will keep the urban companion in mind when I buy a summer bag as I do love cross body- they had it in a pretty grey too. [emoji4]

I totally agree with you.

I am somewhat new to Chanel- just got a old medium Boy and a Boy WOC in the last two months. Need a bigger bag now to fill a gap in my collection (sold off allllllll my LV and Bals). I am indifferent to cross body/over the shoulder and I know they are very different styles/colors, but both fit the bill in fitting way more than the Boy. That’s the only requirement. [emoji4]

Thoughts? TIA!

View attachment 3963230

Thoughts? TIA!

View attachment 3963230
May I ask where you found the urban companion in black?

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I saw the Urban Companion in person this weekend and I have to say I was shocked... It felt hard and plasticky and wonky and not lux at all. I know it is a lower price point for Chanel but still, I don't know... just my opinion in any event.
So, I'd say the tote.