Burberry trench alterations issue?

Mouangs

Feb 5, 2010
Hi,

I received my trench a few days ago and finally examined it after reading another memebrs post about the poor alterations that were done to hers. The sleeves were too long so the store offered to send it in to have it shorten. I would have thought whoever they use would be reputable and understand how expensive these jackets are.

I was hoping my only bad experience in this shopping trip was receive the trench in a plain brown box. Sadly the saga continues. The inside sewing job is horrendous. I can't see how it was ok for them to consider this a good alterations job. The lining was half stuck on and half loose. Extra lining material that they didn't bother to correct and just hemmed it together causing a huge mess. Anyone else have issues with burberrys alterations service? If so what was the outcome if you contacted the manager?

I have sent request and pictures to the SA at the store and customer service that said they will contact the store. It's been 4 days and nothing so tomorrow I will call the boutique myself. At this point I am done dealing with this and just want to return this for a full refund and never buy anything from them again.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 696
  • IMG_0797.JPG
    IMG_0797.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 677
i only found the seam vent they used to access the sleeves on one of them as i was told, and later research confirmed, they and all coats have this easily tearable seam to access for alterations. However the way they resealed is still inexcusable for that price.

i only found the seam vent they used to access the sleeves on one of them as i was told, and later research confirmed, they and all coats have this easily tearable seam to access for alterations. However the way they resealed is still inexcusable for that price.
I agree. Does your inside have this much lining material left over and bunched up like mine?