Tech iPhone 8/8+ and iPhone X

Has anyone ordered their iPhoneX through Verizon, rather than Apple? I had a problem ordering through the Apple site on the 10/27 launch day, so I ordered through my carrier (Verizon). They are showing a ship date of 12/1, which is fine with me. But now when I go to the Apple site they are showing a ship date of 3 weeks, which is approximately the same thing, and I'm wondering if I should cancel my Verizon order and instead place my order through Apple.

Can anyone think of a downside of ordering through my carrier rather than through Apple? I'm doing a one-time payment.
Verizon does charge a $35 restocking fee and Apple doesn't charge any restocking fee.

Last edited:
Loving the X so far. [emoji336]
Just some learning curve issues with Face ID but everything else is fantastic and the size and display are awesome!

IMG_1510129863.748543.jpg

Space Gray in an Otterbox Statement case.

(Sorry for the less than stellar pic. Taken with my iPad.)

How long do you guys think it’ll take for Gucci or LV to start making cases for iPhone 8 and X? im anxious to get one of those iPhone X wallet cases. Right now im currently using Casetify which I️ do love.

How long do you guys think it’ll take for Gucci or LV to start making cases for iPhone 8 and X? im anxious to get one of those iPhone X wallet cases. Right now im currently using Casetify which I️ do love.

I asked Gucci yesterday for the X since mine arrived today. They told me not for 6 months so I picked up a cheap apple silicone one to hold me over until then. It does fit in my LV 8 case but the camera is covered so that won’t work.

I just received my iPhone X a couple of days ago and have to say that I am absolutely loving it. I can’t stay off of it since I got it. Love the balance of the screen size with the size of the phone. Face ID works great for me so far, and the home button being eliminated feels very natural actually. Plus, the Animojis are awesome, and the camera is fantastic!