Advice Needed: Ultimate Classic POP Color?

Omg, I was so eager to check in back to this thread after all my meetings.
And yay, Im so blessed!! Thank you all so much for taking your time to write down all these wonderful advices and ideas!! Please allow me carefully read through and digest your suggestions. So many great questions I need to ask myself haha. All your support just make this project so much more fun and exciting!:P

So happy to see that everyone seems to think that Bleu Saphir will not become dated.
And RC/RV are true classic pop colors!

I guess my problem is actually how POP I want this bag to be, or I actually need 2 pop colors (one muted pop and one true pop :idea:)hahahhaha.

Thank you MYH!! Im only 1/3 way thru your scarf collection thread! Thats another big project I need to start after finishing bag collection! :P Rouge H sounds like a wonderful idea, or maybe in a vintage box leather? The richness and glossiness could be a very quiet pop?

Eternallove4bag, your bleu saphir KC just makes me want bleu saphir even more! and that's a gorgeous pair of louboutin :heart: Yes bleu nuit and bleu indigo are on my list, and thanks for looking out for my black herbag, she's the start of this H slippery slope - just so light and versatile.

Using bleu saphir to replace my black never occur to me. Thanks **Chanel** as well! Given the amount of blue I wear. Blue can be my Black.

Sth about a true dark blue Kelly just seems so dreamy and classy. Do you all think dark blue kelly looks best with GHW? Or PHW could be more versatile? (Eternallove4bag's KC with Ghw... awww LOVE, but i have another navy chanel with GHW, guess Im a sucker for navy + gold)

RC/RV got so much love here!! Its really stunning!! Somehow RC to me seems to look better in B, given B's more casual look, or its just me? Maybe I should work a B into my collection? I didnt consider B at first is the lack of shoulder strap, and also more recognizable, but its really pretty!

Last edited:
Papertiger and LovEmAll, you are spot on. Yes, Im so comfortable with blue and green that they can walk straight into my closet and no one will stop them. Red is probably the true POP I need :smartass:, especially if Im really getting a dark blue as my black!

QuelleFromage, thanks for the note on Bleu Saphir showing up differently depending on leather, most of them I saw on IG are Epsom Sellier, and thats on the brighter side?Eternallove4bag's KC seems richer in color, may I ask what leather?

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
I don't think you should care about how the bag will look on you when you're older. Life is about now. Also, I think age stereotypes need to go. If you're confident in yourself and your aesthetic, tattoos, bright bag, there is nothing a number should stop you from doing.

The most important thing is how a bag in the colour itself ages. All bags look beautiful mint straight out the box, but there are colours that look great vintage and others that do not age so well. All the colours you are considering look great vintage - particularly the reds. Rouge casaque is a beautiful classic red. The only issue I have is that this colour is very common in epsom leather, which I think doesn't age so well. Of course that's just my personal opinion. Rouge Garance is a beautiful red as well, very classic; geranium is like RC with a little cream, here's a picture (togo)

20170106_113600_zpszhi2ntsy.jpg

Bleu Saphir will look darker and deeper in grained leathers and lighter in pressed & smooth leathers (epsom, swift, box), but I think the most important is the lighting. In the dark it will look very dark. Bleu Saphir could be a pop, but it isn't a very loud one.
My favourite ever colour in the blue/green family combined is certainly malachite. Its definitely a pop, but so versatile and changeable in the light.

GHW/PHW: If you want a pop, I would go with GHW. GHW brings out warmer, deeper tones in any colour and makes it look more classic and luxurious. A little more 'old world'. PHW can make some colours look flat and less bright in my experience, so its great for all-round, very understated neutrals. If you do love Bleu Saphir, one with GHW could totally count as an understated pop!
Malachite is also gorgeous with GHW, but louder than Bleu Saphir.

So...
red is certainly the loudest, but its a classic enough to not be OTT in any context, I believe. I think GHW enhances any red. Just my view, but Im not a fan of red + palladium. Too austere & cold.
Bleu saphir is understated, but can make a colour statement, especially with GHW.
Malachite is a gorgeous, multifaceted pop & you get the best of the worlds of blue and green. Most vibrant with GHW IMHO.

Good luck!

Papertiger and LovEmAll, you are spot on. Yes, Im so comfortable with blue and green that they can walk straight into my closet and no one will stop them. Red is probably the true POP I need :smartass:, especially if Im really getting a dark blue as my black!

QuelleFromage, thanks for the note on Bleu Saphir showing up differently depending on leather, most of them I saw on IG are Epsom Sellier, and thats on the brighter side?Eternallove4bag's KC seems richer in color, may I ask what leather?

The leather is Epsom that I truly love... although it's not a popular choice for many ladies but it's a leather that takes color amazingly well and for me it's carefree! [emoji170][emoji170]... I love that you have such great options to choose from [emoji8]

Reactions: miss argile
How fun! Great planning on your end! I could not agree more on the amazing info Rami and eternallove4bag have provided us when it comes to collecting bags.

Here are my two cents:

1: black or similar color: since you already have a black Chanel with shw, a black K with GHW would be a great addition and really completely different look than your current Chanel.

2: cold neutral. On this one, my advise is to determine whether you want more of a gray or more of a brown. To me gris T and even etain have brown undertones where as gris mouette and something like graphite are true grays. Graphite could also take the place of your #1 (black or something like black) if you want more variety.

3: pop of color. Well...all of the ones you have mentioned are STUNNING so you can't go wrong! I am biased as rouge casaque was and is my HG color and I just think it is the absolute perfect red. A red will be a wonderful pop of color for your wardrobe based on your description. Based on your wardrobe, something like blue saphir and even malachite may look like neutrals. What I mean is that if you wear a lot of blues and whites and blacks, adding a blue bag won't be much of a pop of color. That of course is fine. I mention it in case it helps in determining how much of a pop you want. Same with malachite (but I absolutely love that color - it's next on my list)

In the end, my vote goes to Rouge casque. I leave you with a pic of mine too (and my gris mouette just for thought) [emoji6]

View attachment 3571856

You are a sweetheart [emoji8]... And very great advice on the colors [emoji173]️[emoji173]️... I hope you get malachite soon! You will absolutely love it! Another bag we will be twins on [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Reactions: LovEmAll
How fun! Great planning on your end! I could not agree more on the amazing info Rami and eternallove4bag have provided us when it comes to collecting bags.

Here are my two cents:

1: black or similar color: since you already have a black Chanel with shw, a black K with GHW would be a great addition and really completely different look than your current Chanel.

2: cold neutral. On this one, my advise is to determine whether you want more of a gray or more of a brown. To me gris T and even etain have brown undertones where as gris mouette and something like graphite are true grays. Graphite could also take the place of your #1 (black or something like black) if you want more variety.

3: pop of color. Well...all of the ones you have mentioned are STUNNING so you can't go wrong! I am biased as rouge casaque was and is my HG color and I just think it is the absolute perfect red. A red will be a wonderful pop of color for your wardrobe based on your description. Based on your wardrobe, something like blue saphir and even malachite may look like neutrals. What I mean is that if you wear a lot of blues and whites and blacks, adding a blue bag won't be much of a pop of color. That of course is fine. I mention it in case it helps in determining how much of a pop you want. Same with malachite (but I absolutely love that color - it's next on my list)

In the end, my vote goes to Rouge casque. I leave you with a pic of mine too (and my gris mouette just for thought) [emoji6]

View attachment 3571856
This picture of your two beautiful bags is driving me quite insane!!!!!! The beautiful fiery red next to the cool grey is quite stunning!!!!!!! I let go of my rouge casaque ghw b35 2 years ago because of the weight and it may be my buggest H regret ever!!!!
Seriously....i am obsessing over these bs of yours!!

Sent from my LG-H820 using PurseForum mobile app

Reactions: LovEmAll
FullSizeRender.jpg In order Rouge Casaque, GrisT, Bleu Saphir, Etoupe, Black. I have a hard time with picking between the RC and the Bleu saphir, I think both have a place in the collection, but I have to say I carry the rouge more and always get compliments. The Rouge C is a true pop of color, the sapphire is only bright in certain lighting, as you can see indoors it looks almost navy. The RC is a head turner.

You are a sweetheart [emoji8]... And very great advice on the colors [emoji173]️[emoji173]️... I hope you get malachite soon! You will absolutely love it! Another bag we will be twins on [emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Thanks hun! Can't wait to be twins on malachite too [emoji7][emoji133]. We seriously have the exact same color palate...lol. I love it!

This picture of your two beautiful bags is driving me quite insane!!!!!! The beautiful fiery red next to the cool grey is quite stunning!!!!!!! I let go of my rouge casaque ghw b35 2 years ago because of the weight and it may be my buggest H regret ever!!!!
Seriously....i am obsessing over these bs of yours!!

Sent from my LG-H820 using PurseForum mobile app

Thanks dear! Hopefully RC comes back into your life soon but in a smaller size. I can see how B35 could get too big and heavy. Fingers crossed for you! [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

View attachment 3572651 In order Rouge Casaque, GrisT, Bleu Saphir, Etoupe, Black. I have a hard time with picking between the RC and the Bleu saphir, I think both have a place in the collection, but I have to say I carry the rouge more and always get compliments. The Rouge C is a true pop of color, the sapphire is only bright in certain lighting, as you can see indoors it looks almost navy. The RC is a head turner.

This is such a great pic! It has pretty much all the OP mentioned! [emoji3]

View attachment 3572651 In order Rouge Casaque, GrisT, Bleu Saphir, Etoupe, Black. I have a hard time with picking between the RC and the Bleu saphir, I think both have a place in the collection, but I have to say I carry the rouge more and always get compliments. The Rouge C is a true pop of color, the sapphire is only bright in certain lighting, as you can see indoors it looks almost navy. The RC is a head turner.
I'm loving your collection.

such a wonderful collection - so classic! and your RC kelly is stunning :heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
Thanks hun! Can't wait to be twins on malachite too [emoji7][emoji133]. We seriously have the exact same color palate...lol. I love it!

Thanks dear! Hopefully RC comes back into your life soon but in a smaller size. I can see how B35 could get too big and heavy. Fingers crossed for you! [emoji253][emoji253][emoji253]

This is such a great pic! It has pretty much all the OP mentioned! [emoji3]

Haha! I know right? I am so happy too[emoji8]

Quick Update after 10 Months... :wtf:
H slope is like a black diamond run!!!!
So grateful that with bababebi and so many insightful members' advices. Here is my ultimate neutral collection:

1. Etain Epsom K28 Sellier PHW
- My first love from FSH and a cold neutral!

2. Fauve Barenia B30
- Thanks to the forum, I resisted the urge to jump on Gold B/Ks a few times as I know Barenia is what I ultimately want, and Barenia never disappoint...

3. Black Chevre K28 Sellier Mou PHW
- Super lucky to find this new-to-me grail and in Chevre de Coromandel!! Sellier Mou was only in production around 2005-2006, they are outside stiched like normal sellier, but without the extra lining inside so it's much easier to get things in and out. I simply LOVE the elegant yet relaxed silhouette, perfect everyday bag. And...the leather shines like a diamond :coolio:

Feel very fortunate to collect these babies in such a short time without paying crazy premium and they are in wonderful condition. Research on TPF pays off hehe!! Thanks again TPF ladies. Now, off to Ban Island!

Though I'm still one (or 2) Ultimate Pop Color bag short :graucho:. A Rouge K25??? A girl can dream :love:

Attachments

• IMG_1858.JPG
    IMG_1858.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 428