Advice Needed: Ultimate Classic POP Color?

Quick Update after 10 Months... :wtf:
H slope is like a black diamond run!!!!
So grateful that with bababebi and so many insightful members' advices. Here is my ultimate neutral collection:

1. Etain Epsom K28 Sellier PHW
- My first love from FSH and a cold neutral!

2. Fauve Barenia B30
- Thanks to the forum, I resisted the urge to jump on Gold B/Ks a few times as I know Barenia is what I ultimately want, and Barenia never disappoint...

3. Black Chevre K28 Sellier Mou PHW
- Super lucky to find this new-to-me grail and in Chevre de Coromandel!! Sellier Mou was only in production around 2005-2006, they are outside stiched like normal sellier, but without the extra lining inside so it's much easier to get things in and out. I simply LOVE the elegant yet relaxed silhouette, perfect everyday bag. And...the leather shines like a diamond :coolio:

Feel very fortunate to collect these babies in such a short time without paying crazy premium and they are in wonderful condition. Research on TPF pays off hehe!! Thanks again TPF ladies. Now, off to Ban Island!

Though I'm still one (or 2) Ultimate Pop Color bag short :graucho:. A Rouge K25??? A girl can dream :love:

Big Congrats!!! This is a fabulous neutral collection! Etain, barenia, black chevre!! They're all HGs!! Can't wait to see who will join as the pop color now. Keep us posted!

Reactions: A-Line
Oh wow, your neutral collection is absolutely perfect! So well thought out and your patience and research truly paid off! Etain (in swift) is on my wishlist since forever :sleepy:
I just wanted to give a little mention of the colour Brique - in my avatar - which is old and has lasted me several years and I can't see myself getting tired of it. I am not a red person and Brique is *my* red. I wear neutral colours like you and find it's the perfect pop colour for me. It goes very well with khaki shades too as well as warming up beiges that I love. Good luck with your choice :flowers: bwkbriqueclose.jpg rivefleuve2.jpg I must also give a mention to H blues because I adore Bleu saphir which still makes my heart skip every time I come across it and would love to add to my collection. In the meantime my Bleu de Prusse has been so wonderful to carry.

Attachments

• kbdpblack5.jpg
    kbdpblack5.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 409
  • tskirt4.jpg
    tskirt4.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Oh wow, your neutral collection is absolutely perfect! So well thought out and your patience and research truly paid off! Etain (in swift) is on my wishlist since forever :sleepy:
I just wanted to give a little mention of the colour Brique - in my avatar - which is old and has lasted me several years and I can't see myself getting tired of it. I am not a red person and Brique is *my* red. I wear neutral colours like you and find it's the perfect pop colour for me. It goes very well with khaki shades too as well as warming up beiges that I love. Good luck with your choice :flowers: View attachment 3864335 View attachment 3864336
Hi Couture Coco! Love your Kelly, I don't think I have seen Brique before! Would you mind telling me what size and leather this is? Thanks!!

So grateful that with bababebi and so many insightful members' advices. Here is my ultimate neutral collection:

2. Fauve Barenia B30
- Thanks to the forum, I resisted the urge to jump on Gold B/Ks a few times as I know Barenia is what I ultimately want, and Barenia never disappoint...

- Super lucky to find this new-to-me grail and in Chevre de Coromandel!! Sellier Mou was only in production around 2005-2006, they are outside stiched like normal sellier, but without the extra lining inside so it's much easier to get things in and out. I simply LOVE the elegant yet relaxed silhouette, perfect everyday bag. And...the leather shines like a diamond :coolio:

Feel very fortunate to collect these babies in such a short time without paying crazy premium and they are in wonderful condition. Research on TPF pays off hehe!! Thanks again TPF ladies. Now, off to Ban Island!

Though I'm still one (or 2) Ultimate Pop Color bag short :graucho:. A Rouge K25??? A girl can dream :love:

Many, many congrats on this beautiful collection! You’ve managed to do in 10 months what it’s taken many of us years to get to! I am drooling over your Barenia B and that Sellier Mou Kelly. Gorgeous!

Reactions: miss argile
I just wanted to give a little mention of the colour Brique - in my avatar - which is old and has lasted me several years and I can't see myself getting tired of it. I am not a red person and Brique is *my* red. I wear neutral colours like you and find it's the perfect pop colour for me. It goes very well with khaki shades too as well as warming up beiges that I love. Good luck with your choice :flowers: View attachment 3864335 View attachment 3864336 I must also give a mention to H blues because I adore Bleu saphir which still makes my heart skip every time I come across it and would love to add to my collection. In the meantime my Bleu de Prusse has been so wonderful to carry.
Thank you Couture Coco! I have never seen picture on Brique color before, always thought its darker in shade. Thanks for sharing!! It looks fabulous on you. Very elegant and chic with you red scarf!! Putting down Brique in note as we speak, hahaha.
Bleu de Prusse is also one of the older H blues I really love! You really prove that once we found a right H color, it's forever classic.

Reactions: Couture Coco
Many, many congrats on this beautiful collection! You’ve managed to do in 10 months what it’s taken many of us years to get to! I am drooling over your Barenia B and that Sellier Mou Kelly. Gorgeous!
Thank you catsinthebag you are so sweet! I still cant believe how lucky i am, they are my favorite as well:hbeat: . Also, after taking Sellier Mou out for a few times, it's sturdy yet so much lighter! (even compared to my epsom K28).

Reactions: catsinthebag
Dear H lovers,

This is my first thread, and I have finally worked up the courage to start one. I have read through tons of threads and love love Eternallove4bags' color strategy and Rami's article on building a classic collection with a 10-bag limit. (Eternallove4bag and Rami, thanks for the awesome recommendation if u see this:biggrin:) I suddenly realized that Im actually half way there as I also have cut down my collection to 2 classic chanels (one dark navy with ghw and one black with phw), an argile jige:heart:, and a oregano mini roulis with ghw which now serves as a warm neutral as oregano is quite similar to etoupe to me.

So, now I just need 3 Kellys! :P

1. Black or any color similar to black, now I have a black herbag (so.. half way there waiting for upgrade haha)

2. Cold neutral: I LOVE Gris T with PHW, but since now it might not come SS17, and I kinda dont have a strong feeling for Gris Mouette. Any other suggestion? Etain with PHW?

3. POP color: This is where I really need your valuable advices! Looking for a classic pop color that ages well and wont look dated and tired after wears (i have my roulis scratched on the 1st day:sick:). In my early 30s and tend to like understated and chic styles, not too feminie, wardrobe consits mostly Navy, White, Gray, Green and Black. Wear white T and jeans a lot on weekends. I know my style might eventually evolve so am looking for a color that can grow with me! Not a fan of orange/pink, so I have narrowed down to Blue/Green/Red families, and these all seem so pretty and classic:

- Bleu Saphir (I know I will wear blue a lot, but some older Hermes blues now look a bit tired to me, will so many shades of blue confuse me in the future and Bleu Saphir becomes dated?)

- Malachite (Guess similar issue as blues, whats the classic classic green?)

- Rouge Casaque/Rouge Vif (once I get older, I might love red a bit more? my only concern is that if red will be too loud for me :confused1:)

What do you think? If you can only have 1 pop color, what will you pick? And any other blue/green/red you think will age better?

Sorry for the long rambles and Thanks a lot for the help!! :flowers:
I think blue saphire is not really a pop color. And you hv blue chanel too. Malachite is more so but it would not be easy to match with your greens), i love malachite but you will tend to wear it as the only green with otherwise nutral outfit, which is fine.
Personally rouge vif and casaque are too loud for me. How about rouge pivoine? Many members here had great experience with it, and it is a very versatile red. The only thing is it is a spring/summer colour, but since you envisage a big collecion of Ks you ought to gave a summer one! Also you might not find it in boutiques anymore...
For me 10 bag limit seems still too excessive and still i chose blue atoll and pivoine to be among my bags just love them so much ❤️

2. Fauve Barenia B30

Outstanding additions, they are all perfect on their own. Together in a collection, your picture makes me swoon!

Thank you Couture Coco! I have never seen picture on Brique color before, always thought its darker in shade. Thanks for sharing!! It looks fabulous on you. Very elegant and chic with you red scarf!! Putting down Brique in note as we speak, hahaha.
Bleu de Prusse is also one of the older H blues I really love! You really prove that once we found a right H color, it's forever classic.
Thank you very much! I've see Brique in other leathers and it did look darker but that's the thing, a colour can look vastly different. To me it's the perfect 'rust', not brown, not red and not too dark nor too bright. I also really love BdP in the swift and never thought I would still after all these years.
I've no doubt you'll find the PERFECT colour!