Harvey Weinstein

Am I the only one who didn't yet know that Ronan Farrow is Woody Allen's son?? I have been following the story for days and only just saw that tidbit today. I didn't connect Farrow to Mia when I heard the name and I didn't ever see it mentioned on the board, although I have lost of stuff on ignore. It makes sense he'd have the story though, being somewhat of an insider and perhaps pursuing it b/c of his father, for whatever reason he may have.
I give him major side eye for starting that stupid story about being Frank Sinatra's son and wearing those bright blue contacts. He won't even publicly come out. Everything he did was to get attention to help jump start his career.

Whenever I used to think of Rose McGowan, I always thought of her on the red carpet in 1998, in that naked dress. Front and back. No fabric.

I can finally associate her with something else, unfortunately.

I've been noticing all the Rose McGowen headlines in my google news feed today so I'm guessing that's why everyone's going off on her today. I'm not sure she's seeking it out as much as it's a huge story and they want to frame the story in a particular way. It feels like they've decided that what this story needs now is a hero and who better than plucky Rose McGowen to pick up the torch. It feels very HWood to me, I hope that McGowen would see the pitfalls in it but again she is an actress and this is kind of thing is like crack to an actor.

All the articles highlighting what people knew and what they didn't also feels like the press is using it as a shield because they were also complicit, many veteran reporters knew and didn't dig further which is literally their job.

I feel the McGowen aspect of the story and the who knew what and the personal responsibility angle is about 15-25% of the story. The larger percentage is what's going to happen to Harvey and those close to him who supported him and what can be done about the others in HWood who share a similar reputation be taken down and what the hell is HWood going to do about cleaning up their sh*t. I wish the press would focus more on that but it's such a big story there's tons to be made from the more sensational clickbait stuff.

I'm going to get in trouble for not placing enough emphasis on the victim's voice but really at this stage I want action... kind of tired of HWood peddling emotional stories and not doing sh*t.
the reason I said she was seeking attention was her going off on Ryan Gosling for not naming names
I heard NY and London both have no statute of limitations on rape. So Harvey will likely be criminally charged.

Am I the only one who didn't yet know that Ronan Farrow is Woody Allen's son?? I have been following the story for days and only just saw that tidbit today. I didn't connect Farrow to Mia when I heard the name and I didn't ever see it mentioned on the board, although I have lost of stuff on ignore. It makes sense he'd have the story though, being somewhat of an insider and perhaps pursuing it b/c of his father, for whatever reason he may have.

So, the rumor is he's Frank Sinatra's son. I know some people don't believe it but just look at him, he looks nothing like Woody (thank goodness). He looks exactly like his mom and Frank.

So, the rumor is he's Frank Sinatra's son. I know some people don't believe it but just look at him, he looks nothing like Woody (thank goodness). He looks exactly like his mom and Frank.
I agree.....he looks more like Sinatra. I believe Woody has denied this and I don't think Mia has said he's sinatra's son - not sure whether she denied it.

Is JLo still attached to Weinstein?
no? her last movie with him was mid-2000s and she wore Marchesa for an entire season (2007), and not so much since. she and Ben were a couple in the early 2000s, right? so you'd think if Harvey did anything to her then Ben would have maybe known? lots of assumptions i know. but could you imagine if a woman like JLo was somehow "in" with Harvey... my mind would be blown. she strikes me as one of those really strong women that wouldn't take anything from anyone. but maybe i'm wrong...:confused1: this whole news story has been just so incredible.

I agree! He looks so much like Frank S. No doubt in my mind Ronan is his son.
No, he looks like Mia before her plastic surgery and Mia's brother before his plastic surgery (and imprisonment for child sex abuse.)

Ronan was desperate to get his name in the biz so he wore bright blue contacts and said he thinks his father is really Sinatra, to which his mother feigned, well sure, could be. Which would mean she was cheating on Woody.

The Sinatra sisters were furious and said impossible and so much for the good will they once had with Mia and her stupid stunt.

that's like saying every Christian has to love every other Christian or every African American must support every other African American, or they are less of a person for not doing so. you don't *have* to support anyone b/c you share the same gender or skin color. you should just support the truth and stand for your own values and principles.
If you are a Christian- you love every other human being. When race, religion, sexual preference are met with intolerance and prejudice, when women are sexually assaulted and told to keep quiet, when their lively hood is threatened. People come to figure out that there is power in numbers. Does that mean that you are best friends with all women, no. Does that mean you agree with what every other woman says or does, no again. But as a larger picture, some people can see that by coming together, supporting one another, lifting one another up- that indeed it can and does promote change. For that to happen, common sense dictates that the odds are high that their values and principles are the same or close to it. Common sense also dictates for these women that were assaulted by Harvey, that is their truth. Sh*tty as it is- that is the truth that binds them together and is now opening the floodgates to all that was brushed under the rug and all that was hidden in plain site by so many. As a woman- I am glad. I am just sorry so many women were treated this way and that it went on for so long. And as a woman, I am grateful and proud of these women. They are paving the way for my daughter to perhaps have a chance where she won't have to be put through that. I can't honestly imagine what kind of woman wouldn't feel pride and gratitude...
I never said anyone was less of a person for not supporting women- you did.

She’s a hypocrite and I’m sick of her Joan of Arc act. She was fine partying with her rapist and selling him scripts. They all were.
Also, she had no problem working with and defending convicted child molester Victor Salva.
What exactly do you mean by they all were? I don't understand, do you mean all of the women who were assaulted by Harvey?

Reactions: Babydoll Chanel