Hi Newbie here, question about Revolve...

GracieLoo

Jun 28, 2007
Hi I'm a newbie to the forum and to Kooba. I have been in search of the perfect Kooba bag for a while and have decided upon a Jillian. I tried it on at Saks and fell in love! :heart: I have been in search for a while of a great deal. I read the posts yesterday regarding the Revolve 30%. I tried to order my first kooba last night with the first time buyer code but the site did not adjust the price. I called and spoke with customer service and they mentioned that they don't take the 30% off certain brands, including Kooba. Is there a trick to using the code???? I SO want to purchase my first Kooba today.... TIA!!!:rolleyes:

You just might want to check out the Kooba website and you will see that the Jillian is now 50% off the original price.....great deal! I would be right there with you, if it weren't for my dreaded purse ban until the end of the year.

GracieLoo, I don't know why your code didn't work. I just used mine half an hour ago to order two Kooba Jillians at $219.10 each from Revolve, so the 30% off code does work for Kooba purchases. Definitely try again and make sure you're cutting and pasting the code from your e-mail straight into the section where it requests the code. It's worked for me and I got a order confirmation through e-mail.

In my welcome e-mail the second paragraph stated

"As part of our Daily Candy promotion, you have been issued the following coupon code for 30% off of your first purchase: DEVOILZEVL."

I cut and paste the code and it worked. Unfortunately my code won't work for you as it's already been used but check your e-mail again. No limitations were mentioned in the e-mail. It worked for my Kooba purchase.

GOOD LUCK and let us know how you get on.

Thanks for trying to help me through this!!! My welcome email didn't have any codes at all. I called revolve and they said that it is a separate email that comes within 24 hours. If I don't receive it within that time it is a glitch and they can apply the code for me but NOT TO KOOBA. I keep checking my email in hopes that it comes soon! I REALLY want a Jillian, especially at that price. They are so beautiful! And now I am eyeing a Penelope clutch too. I hope the email comes soon....

Okay, the e-mail you should get has the subject line "Welcome to Revolve Clothing!" and the content read:

Congratulations!

You have successfully registered for Revolve Clothing and are now one of our valued members. As a new member, you have been entered to win a free $200 shopping spree! Also, you will be among the first to know about new brands, the latest styles, and upcoming promotions.

As part of our Daily Candy promotion, you have been issued the following coupon code for 30% off of your first purchase: DEVOILZEVL.

When you use the coupon, your order information will be cross checked against existing customer data to ensure that you are indeed a new user, and not simply an existing user with a new email address. It is important that you not share this code as it is valid for only one use. The coupon is good for up to two years. To use the coupon when ordering online, checkout as normal. When you get to the final checkout step, enter the coupon code into the box marked "Promotion Code", and hit "Update" to apply the coupon and view your updated total. Or, simply order by phone at 888.442.5830. Thank you for registering, and stay tuned for future updates!

Take Care,

The Revolve Clothing Team

I'm sure mine arrived about 2-3 hours after I registered, but maybe their automatic e-mails are only sent out at a certain time of the day - who knows. Make sure you check your bulk e-mail folder too just in case it went there instead of your inbox. Keep checking your e-mail regularly, you don't want to miss out on such a good deal and when you get the code, it DOES work for Kooba purchases.

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted.

Okay this is so weird. My email starts the same way. See following:

Congratulations!

You have successfully registered for Revolve Clothing and are now one of our valued members. As a new member, you have been entered to win a free $200 shopping spree! Also, you will be among the first to know about new brands, the latest styles, and upcoming promotions. Thank you for registering, and stay tuned for future updates!

Take Care,

I just registered yesterday. Did they change their promotion? Oh, I am so sad!!!! Any suggestions?

hey- Ok I just registered with Revolve too to see how this works and I got an instant email that says:

Congratulations!

You have successfully registered for Revolve Clothing and are now one of our valued members. As a new member, you have been entered to win a free $200 shopping spree! Also, you will be among the first to know about new brands, the latest styles, and upcoming promotions. Thank you for registering, and stay tuned for future updates!

Take Care,

===========================
so you are saying you got an additional email that Gracielou and I should also get - did you get this email we got too? thanks!

Gracie - looks like we posted our email replies at the same time - LOL!

I am thinking they changed the promotion but Lexie told me your price automatically adjusts 30% off when you place order but you said that didn't occur either. I am wanting another Kooba too but only with the discount.

Yeah, I went to place the order last night and it did not automatically adjust. I called to ask and they said they could apply the code to my order over the phone, but not to certain brands, including Kooba, so I didn't place the order. I am so sad.....

Nightbird, I hate to say it, but no, I didn't get the same e-mail as you and GracieLoo. I only got one e-mail (copied above) and that included the discount code. It looks to me as though Revolve Clothing may have pulled their discount code promotion sometime yesterday and amended the welcome e-mail accordingly. I hope I'm totally wrong.

I'm not sure which color you guys wanted but I just checked the Revolve Clothing website and it looks like the Kooba Jillian in sand is now out of stock. Only the bourbon and black left. I've got to say that they are still a fantastic price which is why they're being snapped up quickly. Revolve's Jillians are cheaper than on eBay and you're guaranteed an authentic Kooba, plus free shipping.

Nightbird, I hate to say it, but no, I didn't get the same e-mail as you and GracieLoo. I only got one e-mail (copied above) and that included the discount code. It looks to me as though Revolve Clothing may have pulled their discount code promotion sometime yesterday and amended the welcome e-mail accordingly. I hope I'm totally wrong.

I'm not sure which color you guys wanted but I just checked the Revolve Clothing website and it looks like the Kooba Jillian in sand is now out of stock. Only the bourbon and black left. I've got to say that they are still a fantastic price which is why they're being snapped up quickly. Revolve's Jillians are cheaper than on eBay and you're guaranteed an authentic Kooba, plus free shipping.

Bummer- I was really only wanting another Kooba if I had the code - I don't NEED one (LOL) as I just got a new Ginger which I love but at that price I was looking into the Kiera actually. Thanks for the info Mini- too bad they pulled the codes but seems that's what it was.
Lauren

How odd - I just ordered the Keira from the Revolve sale yesterday morning and used the code I had received about a month ago or so, and it worked. However, Compass Rose is right - the Kooba website sale page still has Keiras in Camel and Auburn at 50% off.

Wonder if Revolve discontinued the new customer code. :sad:

They seem to change regularly. When I ordered my Maria last year I had no idea about a 30% off anything. When I placed the order online it automatically deducted it. Then some say that they have gotten codes through the mail, and some say they have to call and have their codes adjusted, and some say Kooba is not allowed. It seems Revolve doesn't have hard and fast rules to this promotion which doesn't seem fair.